Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY - [2015-17 ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 9:41 am

Asking about seat bookings on Etihad. Got my Etihad record locator from AA no problem. Went to the Etihad site to book seats but am getting this error message:

"For flights purchased from travel agents and third party websites, please contact them for further assistance"

Any advice? Thanks for the help.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
Originally Posted by flyercity
Asking about seat bookings on Etihad. Got my Etihad record locator from AA no problem. Went to the Etihad site to book seats but am getting this error message:

"For flights purchased from travel agents and third party websites, please contact them for further assistance"

Any advice? Thanks for the help.
Not step-by-step instructions, but you can find your answer just above in post #2721.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:49 am

Thanks, I guess that means calling them is the only option there is.

Hope they sort this out, never have any problems between BA, CX, AA etc.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by NecessaryIndulgences
Not step-by-step instructions, but you can find your answer just above in post #2721.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by flyercity
Thanks, I guess that means calling them is the only option there is.

Hope they sort this out, never have any problems between BA, CX, AA etc.

Thanks again!
My experience with the EY phone agents has always been delightful. It is a quick and painless phone call, especially if you know what you want before you call (look your flights up on Orbitz to see the seat maps before calling).

As others have noted earlier, you'll call 1-877-690-0767, press 1 for English, then 2 for First/Business, then 3 for existing bookings, then they will tell you the call is ending - but it's not: they have added "press 1 to speak to an agent", so finally, press 1 to continue the call. After this, you should have someone on the line quickly to help you.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:29 pm

My experience with the EY phone agents has always been delightful. It is a quick and painless phone call, especially if you know what you want before you call (look your flights up on Orbitz to see the seat maps before calling).

As others have noted earlier, you'll call 1-877-690-0767, press 1 for English, then 2 for First/Business, then 3 for existing bookings, then they will tell you the call is ending - but it's not: they have added "press 1 to speak to an agent", so finally, press 1 to continue the call. After this, you should have someone on the line quickly to help you.
I will add this to the Wiki
Old May 10, 2017, 1:16 pm

My experience with the EY phone agents has always been delightful. It is a quick and painless phone call
I don't entirely agree. If you call to get a seat assignment, they ask you so many "security" questions you'd think you were suspected of being a terrorist.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I don't entirely agree. If you call to get a seat assignment, they ask you so many "security" questions you'd think you were suspected of being a terrorist.
Really? Please name a single airline that doesn't go through a security verification process before discussing your account or reservations... This takes all of 10-15 seconds.

With the amount of identify theft going on today, you should welcome their process of protecting your account.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Really? Please name a single airline that doesn't go through a security verification process before discussing your account or reservations... This takes all of 10-15 seconds.
AA is lousy at verification of the caller. Knowing passenger name ane flight details can be enough to make changes.

It is a good thing where airlines require more to check that the person calling should have access to the booking
Old May 10, 2017, 4:51 pm

With the amount of identify theft going on today, you should welcome their process of protecting your account.
Identity theft is when people steal your identification details to do something substantial, like steal money or apply for a credit card or maybe passport in your name. Who steals your identity to change your seat assignment? I realize that on FT we obsess on things like seat assignments, but it actually has no monetary value and should not require answering 20 questions. It's a question of balance.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Really? Please name a single airline that doesn't go through a security verification process before discussing your account or reservations...
Ethiopian.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:22 pm

Identity theft is when people steal your identification details to do something substantial, like steal money or apply for a credit card or maybe passport in your name. Who steals your identity to change your seat assignment? I realize that on FT we obsess on things like seat assignments, but it actually has no monetary value and should not require answering 20 questions. It's a question of balance.
Well, actually apparently there are some individuals who do such thing.

I think Ben at OMAAT got his hotel reservation changed at least once without his permission

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ation-changed/
Old May 11, 2017, 7:11 am

should not require answering 20 questions. It's a question of balance.
Maybe you are a terrorist, lol. They only ask me 2 questions

I'm going to stray OT for a minute to evangelize:

Every time I travel, I see people all around me that are looking for every possible thing to complain about or find fault with - at the airport, in the lounge, onboard the aircraft, in hotels, restaurants, theatres... Sure, some of this stuff should have attention called to it so it can be fixed, but most of it is silly, trivial and really inconsequential. These folks all have one thing in common - they are miserable.

By contrast, I see a relative minority who aren't sweating the small stuff and are having a wonderful time experiencing all that is great about exploring the world around them.

I'll choose self-imposed happiness over self-imposed misery every time.

A couple of security questions - for your protection? That's a great example of the small stuff. Try letting go of all this stuff for a week and see what happens. I think one will find that he/she is a happier person at the end of the week .

Last edited by NecessaryIndulgences; May 11, 2017 at 7:36 am
Old May 11, 2017, 2:00 pm

GuestSeats available on EY - not on AA!

Found availability on EY on my dates for AUH-JFK, in F and J.

Called AA to book, the agent is not seeing them, just economy.

Expertflyer shows 2 seats in F and up to 9 in J.

What's the deal?

SELF-EDIT: Called AA Aus, found space and put on hold.

Last edited by stevento; May 11, 2017 at 2:30 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 4:41 pm

This is a common problem. I don't know why the US call centers can never see the space but Australia regularly can.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:57 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with existing thread discussing how to book Etihad awards with AAdvantage miles. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.