Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by kidstwo
Same here as well. I have sent them a message. Will post response when I hear back.
Same here, I also emailed them
It must be a glitz in system

2015 AAdvantage eShopping Spring Bonus 06/16/2015 06/16/2015 $0.00 1,000 Denied
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:46 pm

I was also denied. I contacted them Sunday regarding this and have not yet heard back. I even got a congratulations email from them regarding this offer...
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:54 pm

I got an email apologizing for the inconvenience, that they were aware of the situation and would follow up again.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I received the miles in my AA account, but it shows "denied" in my aadvantage shopping portal account. Hope they don't end up reversing them!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by cynstalker
I received the miles in my AA account, but it shows "denied" in my aadvantage shopping portal account. Hope they don't end up reversing them!
My points populated this morning in my AA account, but likewise still says "denied" in portal account.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by kidstwo
Same here as well. I have sent them a message. Will post response when I hear back.
Here is the message I received today regarding the denied status of shopping bonus:

We appreciate your patience regarding the Spring Bonus from AAdvantage eShopping. We are sorry for the delay in the posting of your reward, and for the denial that is showing in your account. Please know that we are aware of the issue and we are working with AA to get it fixed promptly. You should see the bonus post correctly into your AA account in the next 10-14 days.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by oliver033
My points populated this morning in my AA account, but likewise still says "denied" in portal account.
Just checked my AA account thanks to your post and my points have posted as well even though portal account still shows denied.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
I got an email apologizing for the inconvenience, that they were aware of the situation and would follow up again.
Originally Posted by cynstalker
Originally Posted by oliver033
I got them as well this morning.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:18 am

"We appreciate your patience regarding the Spring Bonus from AAdvantage eShopping. We apologize for the denial that is showing in your account. Please know that we are aware of the issue and we are working with AA to get it fixed promptly. You should see the bonus post correctly into your AA account in the next 10-14 days."

from their CS
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:02 pm

Today it switched to confirmed in the shopping portal
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:38 am

New promo offer:

Terms: *During the “Back to School” bonus campaign, which runs from 7/14/15 through 8/16/15 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage miles earned from shopping online through AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall. Bonus miles will be issued based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: 500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $125; 1,250 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of at least $500; or 3,500 bonus miles for qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more. Returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products are not included in the bonus miles eligibility calculation; please see the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site for details on product eligibility and/or any coupon code details or other usage restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall account. The maximum number of bonus miles that will be awarded to an eligible AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall account through the Back to School bonus campaign is 3,500 bonus miles. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Please check the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site daily for updates to increased earning opportunities. Void where prohibited by law.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, USAir
Aadvantage shopping "extra " miles

More miles were posted to my AA account than I should have. Yahoo! It happened in about 2 days. I cancelled an order but the miles still posted. Will they take them back?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:39 pm

Yes, probably. If you return an item the miles always get deducted at some point, I imagine it's the same for cancellations.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by adeleswart
More miles were posted to my AA account than I should have. Yahoo! It happened in about 2 days. I cancelled an order but the miles still posted. Will they take them back?
100% certain Cartera will take the miles back.

Having the miles taken away has happened on more than 1 occasion for me when an order was canceled when using the AAdvantage Eshopping portal site.

It may take a few weeks, but be prepared to say "adios" to those miles.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:01 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Merged with existing AA e-shopping/Cartera discussion thread. Thanks. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.