Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Old May 13, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by AirricK11
Does anyone have advice when it comes to missing miles inquiry/communication? It's been over a week since I uploaded an e-receipt from a missing purchase and I have not received any communication back. Does it generally take a pretty long time for these to be worked out?
For me I received an acknowledgment email immediately, and it was fixed 5-6 weeks later.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ymx
i just realized I had also activated the motley fool offer on SimplyMiles prior to purchasing through AAdvantageeshopping. Should I assume they will disallow this, cancel the subscription and purchase again with a card thatís not linked in SimplyMiles?

How do you know if theyíve disallowed it?
I got credit for motley fool quickly from aa shopping. Nothing yet from SM or citi. Iím just going to keep an eye and see if what happens. When Iíve had giftcards,com purchases invalidated, thereís an actual reversal item in my AA activity.
Old May 13, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by beam88

Iíve now had giftcards[.[com cancel orders made with 3 different credit cards. Hoping to get this resolved before the current 2000 mile promo ends.
I posted a number of suggestions, and others have also posted similar suggestions. Have you tried any of them? E.g., waiting until the following day after the most recent failed transaction, then purchasing a small amount, such as $30, being sure to use the exact mailing address of your credit card?
Old May 14, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: AA, Cap1
Originally Posted by anabolism
I posted a number of suggestions, and others have also posted similar suggestions. Have you tried any of them? E.g., waiting until the following day after the most recent failed transaction, then purchasing a small amount, such as $30, being sure to use the exact mailing address of your credit card?
Trying this now.

I havenít read through this whole thread. Itís difficult to browse this site with the automatic page-jumping that happens. Iíll make a more concerted effort, though. I understand the aggravation when these threads fill up with repeat questions.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Trying this now.

I havenít read through this whole thread. Itís difficult to browse this site with the automatic page-jumping that happens. Iíll make a more concerted effort, though. I understand the aggravation when these threads fill up with repeat questions.
What automatic page-jumping? If you're referring to the infinite scroll you can turn that off.
_kurt, Antarius and beam88 like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
What automatic page-jumping? If you're referring to the infinite scroll you can turn that off.
Did not know that! Thank you!

$30 vgc finalised. So thatís good. Iíve been looking but canít find the recommendations mentioned by anabolism, though Iím guessing it would be to wait til tomorrow and buy a bit more valuable vgc.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
So far I've made two $250 purchases for giftcards.com and neither have tracked. I'm wondering if I will miss out on the 2000 point bonus if I have to submit a missing point inquiry after 15 days?
Old May 14, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AirricK11
So far I've made two $250 purchases for giftcards.com and neither have tracked. I'm wondering if I will miss out on the 2000 point bonus if I have to submit a missing point inquiry after 15 days?
You should still get the 2000 bonus as long as they validate your claims.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
You should still get the 2000 bonus as long as they validate your claims.
Good to know. I made 2 purchases at the same vendor. Both posted to AA, but one says Pending on the portal. However the pending one has counted towards the 2000 bonus but the other one hasn't.

Shrug
​​​​​​
Old May 15, 2022, 3:35 pm

Anyone have any experience with Verizon business markets promotions? eShopping is running a deal for 14,900 mi for a Verizon business markets purchase. It’s kind of vague.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Yesterday I made two $250 purchases on giftcards.com and both have shown up on eShopping overnight and the 2K offer shows I’ve met the requirement. I wasn’t sure how the 1% credit would be handled (ie would the combined total amount to $497.50), but the full $500 get reported (just in case I also got a $10 playstation giftcards for my PS5).
Old May 15, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by armus
Yesterday I made two $250 purchases on giftcards.com and both have shown up on eShopping overnight and the 2K offer shows I’ve met the requirement. I wasn’t sure how the 1% credit would be handled (ie would the combined total amount to $497.50), but the full $500 get reported (just in case I also got a $10 playstation giftcards for my PS5).
The 1% credit is available after the previous purchase is complete, and can be used in the subsequent purchase (shows as an option at checkout). This assumes you have registered and logged into your account when checking out and have opted in for the reward program. So if you did not see and included the 1% credit discount at checkout, then you did not use it in that purchase (can still be used later).
Old May 15, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA PS; AA PPro; Marriott Titanium; IHG Diamond
Anyone have any experience with Verizon business markets promotions? eShopping is running a deal for 14,900 mi for a Verizon business markets purchase. Itís kind of vague.
I'd be interested to hear. It seems like it would be an obnoxious process, but for that many points and miles in one go it seems like it could be worth a lot of headache.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by armus
Yesterday I made two $250 purchases on giftcards.com and both have shown up on eShopping overnight and the 2K offer shows Iíve met the requirement. I wasnít sure how the 1% credit would be handled (ie would the combined total amount to $497.50), but the full $500 get reported (just in case I also got a $10 playstation giftcards for my PS5).
What browser are you using? I'm so confused why I can't get my gc.com purchases to show up. Wondering if there's another way I should go about ordering.
Old May 15, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
I use Firefox. I do have AdblockPlus installed (and awhile ago I accepted the whitelist that eShopping wanted to add for that ad blocker), though I disabled the plugin for AdblockPlus before I started my transactions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.