Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STATUS FOR SALE-- *including EXP*

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:27 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Any idea if those of us who bought the 10k card for EXP status will be getting the soft landing to Plat for 2007?
Yes I have an idea (ie no reason why you wouldn't get a soft landing) - but that doesn't mean it will be reality.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by Travelergcp
Any idea if those of us who bought the 10k card for EXP status will be getting the soft landing to Plat for 2007?
If those who have bought Platinum or Gold status in the past have gotten soft landings, then probably yes. If not, then probably no.

Steve
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:33 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
maybe they will have anothe promotion - 20K to buy for this year (vs 10K for a half year last time)....

Personally, if you enjoyed the EXP benefits .. it is time to start earning them instead.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by JGR01
maybe they will have anothe promotion - 20K to buy for this year (vs 10K for a half year last time)....

Personally, if you enjoyed the EXP benefits .. it is time to start earning them instead.
I don't understand the last statement. You ARE earning them-you just paid in advance for the perks. EXP can be had for a lot less than $10,000.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:19 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by greatam
I don't understand the last statement. You ARE earning them-you just paid in advance for the perks. EXP can be had for a lot less than $10,000.
True. But I think the "earning them" comment has to do with flying the requisite number of miles before status is obtained, rather than buying it up front.

Cheers.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:46 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I did in fact get the soft landing to Plat from EXP. The credentials arrived today. This is really good news, since I only spent about half of my 10k card. I will pay the 5% to extend to May, but at least I won't have to spend it without any status at all.

Now I just need to burn the eVIP's before they expire.

Traveler
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by brp
True. But I think the "earning them" comment has to do with flying the requisite number of miles before status is obtained, rather than buying it up front.

Cheers.
It's a business, and EXP is a reward for the business, not for the BIS miles, no matter what psychic connection we as flyers want to believe exists.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:23 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JGR01

and they do...
2007 Prepaid travel card:

http://www.aa.com/content/utility/20...avelCard.jhtml

Purchase by March 31st. Use funds by 2/29/08
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by pbjag
and they do...
Yup, they do... and here is an existing thread that discusses that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.