Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Cumulative C/Y 2013 Elite Rewards ELTA 3 (Registration required <link>)

Recover Your elite Rewards (requires signing in) link NOTE: ELTA Rewards must be claimed by midnight 28 Feb 2014.

"We want to thank you for flying the extra mile, so we've designed a new Elite Rewards program with you in mind. Select from special gifts to complement all of your existing elite status benefits.

Elite Rewards now offers four distinct milestones which are attainable throughout the year. The more you fly, the faster you'll reach the next level where you can choose one reward from each milestone for which you qualify. That's a total of up to four rewards. And now, you can qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points or segments.

. . . ● Milestone 1: 40,000 miles or points | 45 segments
. . . ● Milestone 2: 75,000 miles or points | 80 segments
. . . ● Milestone 3: 125,000 miles or points | 130 segments
. . . ● Milestone 4: 150,000 miles or points | 160 segments

To participate in Elite Rewards, simply register prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3." See the Mod Note in the OP for more.

Print Wikipost

New (cumulative!) Elite Rewards for 2013: ELTA3 [closed 1 Mar 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Upgrades on award tickets. That's a good one.
Yup, I like that one too, but I dont know how to actually put it into real practice.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I think that there is also an expanded inventory for seats that are traditionally used for the SWUs with the new planes (especially 77W) and routes coming online. I don't think that they would have radically expanded the SWU inventory w/o having a corresponding increase of reasonable uses for them.

Not on the 77W for A class (3-class IFS). Far fewer seats in that cabin than on the 772.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
People who fly paid F exclusively and don't have time for awards, or redeem for toasters or microwaves normally. It also matches a benefit UA has for 1Ks and GS.
^ plus your not forced between just one or even choose between two things that you want. I applaud for AA in giving so many choices in rewards!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
:)

Nice boni for a new guy -->> PLT by challenge but below gold by EQM/P. Have three more trips planned that will bring me to 82k EQP by Nov--30k more RDM than I expected yesterday! Still gotta figure the last 12kM/18kP!! If I can just sell my wife this is a sane hobby...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by XLR26
When I registered for the promo, the "Thank You for Registering" note contained the following: "Activity that occurred prior to registering for the promotion will not be included in qualifying for the bonus or incentive."

I'm going to assume that's in error, but who knows...
I got the same note when I registered. Once all the bickering about the merger ends, I am sure they all will realize that their confirmation email says the same thing. If true this promotion is not that great.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Not on the 77W for A class (3-class IFS). Far fewer seats in that cabin than on the 772.
Agreed, but I suspect the majority of SWUs are used for Y->J vs J->F. I still consider J as a Premium Upgrade
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by edcho
^ plus your not forced between just one or even choose between two things that you want. I applaud for AA in giving so many choices in rewards!
Likewise, though personally I doubt I'll ever be flying F exclusively and also have no time for awards .
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Is Global Entry Fee Sponsorship a joke? Isn't that $100? Who would choose that over 4 SWUs or Admirals Club Membership or 40K miles?
Although the Global Entry Fee sponsorship actually costs AA $100 in cold, hard cash that leaves the company; I doubt DHS gives AA a discount. The other things may have far more value than that to (most) AA elites, but they don't cost AA nearly as much to provide as their value to AA customers. Also, the expense to AA is deferred at least somewhat (until redeemed or the flight is flown, depending on how their accounting works) and mitigated from an accounting point of view by the fact that some miles and SWUs go unused, which is also not true of the Global Entry sponsorship.

That said, there certainly aren't many cases in which I'd see that option as appealing, but might as well offer it; the competition does too.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
I wonder if the 10,000 EQM's for meeting minimum spend on the AAdvantage Executive World Elite MC count towards this?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by CaptRobPhD
Still gotta figure the last 12kM/18kP!! If I can just sell my wife this is a sane hobby...
Hmm, best of luck with that! Maybe get a job that requires cross-country travel every month? (Just don't take mine, please... )
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Likewise, though personally I doubt I'll ever be flying F exclusively and also have no time for awards .
Maybe one day? One can always dream...
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
I got the same note when I registered. Once all the bickering about the merger ends, I am sure they all will realize that their confirmation email says the same thing. If true this promotion is not that great.
My email says "For most promotions, activity that occurred prior...." But the explanation for this promotion on the AA website says that prior activity does count.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The awards are progressively better as one accumulates more EQM/Ps. Its a nice touch.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Just registered.
This might be the cynic in me but I think that they might devalue the eVIPs before I can use them.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:29 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Anyone else thinking this might all be to "soften the blow" that we are about to experience with the merger etc....? Oh well, at least we were KISSED before we were SCREWED!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.