Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:03 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
With new dishes appearing on mid-con segments, why on earth hasn't AA introduced some new items on its transcon lunch/dinner flights? The Cajun chicken on corn salad or prosciutto with cantaloupe "gerber" appetizers are getting tired.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Slightly OT but menu related (and to save starting a new thread). I know FEBO applied to domestic flights - is this also extended to the caribbean flights (ie SJU-JFK). Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by duckied
Slightly OT but menu related (and to save starting a new thread). I know FEBO applied to domestic flights - is this also extended to the caribbean flights (ie SJU-JFK). Thanks!
Yes, FEBO is standard for all AA flights.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DEN-DFW
AA 806
MD-80
11:55A-2:55P
March 19, 2013
Zero-zip-nada

It's lunch-time for effsake. Yeah, yeah. 2:00 block time means nothing.

At least I know the drill now on DEN-DFW. Reminded me of DL, just without the snack basket.

DFW-PIT
AA 1512
MD-80
5:05P-8:40P
March 19, 2013
Dinner

How difficult is it to bring the nuts when you take my drink order? Another nuts-10-minutes-after-drink-service FA today. Must have been in the oven the entire time as the ramekin was scalding hot when she finally got around to serving them. Choice of stuffed pasta shells or BBQ chicken, my 4th different AA chicken main in 7 days.

Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777

DFW-PIT
AA 1512
MD-80
5:05P-8:40P
March 19, 2013
Dinner
So is the issue the crews who work PIT routes?

Looks like she drowned that salad in dressing
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
How difficult is it to bring the nuts when you take my drink order? Another nuts-10-minutes-after-drink-service FA today.
Sounds slightly better than the nuts coming 15 minutes prior to any hint of a drink service on one of my AA flights last week.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
DEN-DFW
AA 806
MD-80
March 19, 2013
Zero-zip-nada

At least I know the drill now on DEN-DFW. Reminded me of DL, just without the snack basket.
It seems that AA has some issues, so there are meals DFW-DEN, but not DEN-DFW... From reading your posts, it seems that the crews who works DFW-PIT-DFW are lazy...

BTW, so far all of my flights on DL have been wonderful, PDB (multi rounds), with multi round in flight, and being addressed by my last name each time I was asked if I wanted or needed anything. Now granted all of my flights have been, PHX-SLC-SAN-SLC-PHX, PHX-SLC-SEA-SLC-PHX or PHX-SLC-SJC-PHX but the level of service, even on the Delta Connect flights have been first rate. I still think there should be a snack served on some of the SAN-SLC and SLC-SEA flights because of the time the flights leave and arrive. Other than that, I'm very happy with DL...
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
DEN-DFW
AA 806
MD-80
March 19, 2013
Zero-zip-nada

Zero meals on any DEN-DFW, same for COS-DFW. I say were lucky to get a meal on DFW-DEN as that flight is almost always <1.50 and DEN-DFW is usually closer to 1.20.
Many flights of the same length as DFW-DEN receive just the snack mix... HSV-DFW, BHM-DFW, BNA-DFW.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: Various
DEN-DFW
AA 806
MD-80
March 19, 2013
Zero-zip-nada
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with there being minimal catering out of DEN (continental breakfast and shelf-stable/cold food only) Not that it isn't possible out of DEN, but AA chooses not to have full service catering. Since they run mostly Super80s on this route, there is no chiller,so that rules out double catering on the outbound from DFW.

Other factors could be:

*What does the competition offer on the same route
*Consideration for true flight length vs time of day
*AA values this routing as not worthy of enhancing catering

Things have changed over the years....I'll use one of my favorite personal examples:

1991- USAir (Begins with YOU) SFO-SAN First Class B 737
SFO Departure time 5:50 PM
SAN Arrival time 7:05 PM

Meal: Salad, Bread, Steak with starch & vegetables, + slice of cake

Now -US Airways
Any flight less than 3 hours flight time

Meal: Are you kidding me ?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
I'm pretty sure this is an issue with there being minimal catering out of DEN (continental breakfast and shelf-stable/cold food only) Not that it isn't possible out of DEN, but AA chooses not to have full service catering. Since they run mostly Super80s on this route, there is no chiller,so that rules out double catering on the outbound from DFW.

Other factors could be:

*What does the competition offer on the same route
*Consideration for true flight length vs time of day
*AA values this routing as not worthy of enhancing catering
There are no issues with catering in DEN and S80s are often double catered using dry ice to keep the food stable. Although, I know that is not done to support full breakfast flights the next day. Just a couple years ago GSO-DFW was double catered for a full dinner out of GSO.

It really comes down to flight length and the competition, even though UA serves nothing either way. DEN-DFW can come in around 1.30 many days which is pretty short by today's meal standards.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by F&B767
Zero meals on any DEN-DFW, same for COS-DFW. I say were lucky to get a meal on DFW-DEN as that flight is almost always <1.50 and DEN-DFW is usually closer to 1.20.
Many flights of the same length as DFW-DEN receive just the snack mix... HSV-DFW, BHM-DFW, BNA-DFW.
Same issues out here. RDU-ORD gets a meal, ORD-RDU gets nothing. Though when compared to UA on ORD-RDU, is even with the competition which is I guess their point.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are no issues with catering in DEN and S80s are often double catered using dry ice to keep the food stable. Although, I know that is not done to support full breakfast flights the next day. Just a couple years ago GSO-DFW was double catered for a full dinner out of GSO.
It really comes down to flight length and the competition, even though UA serves nothing either way. DEN-DFW can come in around 1.30 many days which is pretty short by today's meal standards.
Even without a catering deal in DEN, here is nothing stopping AA from serving meals on any DEN-DFW flights. They double cater lots of cities including PIT where hot meals are served on the return flights. Block time for DEN-DFW is less then DFW-DEN and, therefore, probably didn't make the cut. That and UA serving bupkiss probably seals the deal. At least I know now and can prepare accordingly.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Things have changed over the years....I'll use one of my favorite personal examples:

1991- USAir (Begins with YOU) SFO-SAN First Class B 737
SFO Departure time 5:50 PM
SAN Arrival time 7:05 PM

Meal: Salad, Bread, Steak with starch & vegetables, + slice of cake

Meal: Are you kidding me ?
This meal did not last long on US, since US pulled out of the Calif Market within two years of buying PSA.

Now one meal that did last a long time on a short flight was SAN-PHX, then the flight went on to PHL on a 727, a full hot meal was served on the SAN-PHX flight, was interesting to watch the FA's serve this mean, talk about speedy serve.. They also had fresh baked cinnamon rolls..
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Same issues out here. RDU-ORD gets a meal, ORD-RDU gets nothing. Though when compared to UA on ORD-RDU, is even with the competition which is I guess their point.
I've done that route many times and back when ORD-RDU got meals, which really was not that long ago. At around 1.20 dinner service was always a lot of fun... getting another glass of wine and just digging into desert about 20 minutes out from RDU.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've done that route many times and back when ORD-RDU got meals, which really was not that long ago. At around 1.20 dinner service was always a lot of fun... getting another glass of wine and just digging into desert about 20 minutes out from RDU.
It's funny because both RDU-MIA and MIA-RDU get meals and that flight is 700 miles and RDU-ORD is 647 miles. And AA has no competition on RDU-MIA. Oh well, I'm sure it makes sense to someone at American (I hope!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.