Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by rckcmp
I recently purchased a purse for my GF through the Saks.com portal. The product came and was not what it looked like in the pictures. After speaking with saks reps on the phone who agreed that it was not the same they said we can exchange it in store. While at the store she exchanged it for what she wanted. The manager and sales reps stated that we would still keep our portal points. Well a few days later it was reversed. How do I remedy this. It was over 29k worth of points and one of the deciding factor I purchasing from saks.com was that I would earn more points than at Neiman Marcus or Other stores. I'm really upset because that is a large amount of points. Thanks for any help!
Fortunately, I don't think there's anyway around this.

BTW, how long after Saks purchase did you get the miles?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriot Silver
I got the miles about a 10 days later. I emailed saks.com and they said they are not affiliated with them. Any clue who I call to deal with this. The only reason I'm in this position is due to the product not being as it was described online or over the phone.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:18 am

AA Shopping/Cartera

I'm trying to dispute some charges as well as receive the bonuses. I think Cartera handles United and Southwest's shopping portals as well. Called several times, left messages that were never returned. Anyone have a direct contact number/extension to get ahold of them?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:01 pm

Links No Longer Working

Dell.com and Newegg.com purchase links no longer work. They will both take you to the site, but miles never post. Early on, they both worked fine. Dell quit working some time ago and within the past few months, Newegg has stopped working. I manually have to submit every single order now (and I have lots of them) to get my miles. CARTERA PLEASE GET THIS FIXED! It takes several days for everything to get researched/posted and I have missed out on close to 50,000 miles because of the back and forth when dealing with this.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MrM.
Dell.com and Newegg.com purchase links no longer work. They will both take you to the site, but miles never post. Early on, they both worked fine. Dell quit working some time ago and within the past few months, Newegg has stopped working.
The Dell link worked for me on 7/27 and the miles posted on 8/2.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:56 am

Re: Ambraciot

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The Dell link worked for me on 7/27 and the miles posted on 8/2.
Were you purchasing through Dell Home or Dell Business? I probably do about 15-20 transactions a month through Dell Business and for many months now, I have had to submit the order info manually with copies of the receipts. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting the miles, but it is much easier when it works properly because it takes a long time to go through this process every month. ^
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:52 pm

AAdvantage eshoppping mall transactions

Hello all,

I bought several things at ebay through AAdvantage eshopping mall roughly at 9/17, but until now, I also cannot see the transactions. what's wrong with it? do someone has the experiene about it?

thank you all.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:57 pm

hm... bought $500 physical gift card for saks.com to take advantage of 12 miles/$1 and 6000 MR points for AMEX.
Almost 8 days passed, and nothing posting. Has anyone gotten miles for saks.com's GC recently?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:01 pm

In my experience it takes a while - several months sometimes - for points to post. I purchased a Saks GC last week with 12 miles bonus (and the Amex 6,000 bonus) but won't even start looking for the posting until mid-October. I've had a few things posted within a couple weeks, but not the norm in my limited experience.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by nemme99
In my experience it takes a while - several months sometimes - for points to post. I purchased a Saks GC last week with 12 miles bonus (and the Amex 6,000 bonus) but won't even start looking for the posting until mid-October. I've had a few things posted within a couple weeks, but not the norm in my limited experience.
Thanks for the reply.
I guess Saks.com is fairly slow to report. I got NM points pretty quickly (in a few days actually), so I was wondering what's taking so long for Saks
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
I bought ink cartridges for my business and the points went right on my account. A week later they took them off. I've been dealing with them since the beginning of August. That's over 5800 points. All they keep saying is that the merchant needs time to look into it.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: american airlines
Unhappy Larger Miles Not Posting

I just bought some ink cartridges from the portal and still do not see anything posted or even pending.

Last Dec I bought a purse through Nordstrom and didn't get any miles for that, I had emailed them about it and even sent in the receipt. After a month of investigating they told me that the miles were paid out and it could of went to someone else?

That was about 3k miles.

A few months ago I bought toner and same thing no miles posted, I didn't even bother contacting them because it seems like "they can't do anything about it"

Another 4k miles gone.

With my recent purchase of ink (5k miles) I have a feeling I am not going to get any miles. With all the purchases I've tried different computers and browsers just in case there was something on my computer that was resulting in my miles getting high jacked.

At this point I am starting to think that anything that pays over 1000 miles just does not really get paid. Has anyone had this type of experience and what did you do?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by amandanguyen00
I just bought some ink cartridges from the portal and still do not see anything posted or even pending.

Last Dec I bought a purse through Nordstrom and didn't get any miles for that, I had emailed them about it and even sent in the receipt. After a month of investigating they told me that the miles were paid out and it could of went to someone else?

That was about 3k miles.

A few months ago I bought toner and same thing no miles posted, I didn't even bother contacting them because it seems like "they can't do anything about it"

Another 4k miles gone.

With my recent purchase of ink (5k miles) I have a feeling I am not going to get any miles. With all the purchases I've tried different computers and browsers just in case there was something on my computer that was resulting in my miles getting high jacked.

At this point I am starting to think that anything that pays over 1000 miles just does not really get paid. Has anyone had this type of experience and what did you do?

Thanks!!
I just kept emailing them. After nearly 3 months they finally posted my 5800 points for purchasing the ink cartridges. From the responses I received from Aadvantage it seems the vendor has all the power to either fund the points or not. I was continually told by Aadvantage that the vendor is still looking into it. And this was after they initially put the points into my account and then withdrew them.
I'm not sure I'm going to continue buying through this program.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:38 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
The AA shopping portal has been so sketchy that I’ve mostly given up, but I hijacked Mrs. Jailer on Saturday when she was ordering sheets from Lands’ End, thinking, “what’s the harm?”

It is but Tuesday and the miles posted to my account. One event is a blip, not a trend, but maybe it is time to reevaluate?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
So, are the problems a function of the site or certain retailers? I can honestly say I have never had an issue getting the miles posted on any purchase I've ever made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.