Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > All Nippon Airways | ANA Mileage Club
Reload this Page >

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
For customers flying on a United Airlines codeshare flight operated by ANA

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/local.../notice170504/

Print Wikipost

Booked on United codeshare ANA, can't pick seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ainternational
Yes, simply get the NH PNR from UA or the UA mobile app and call NH. Problem solved.
Got the NH PNR from the UA site and was actually able to select seats on the NH website with that information.

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by aoumd
Got the NH PNR from the UA site and was actually able to select seats on the NH website with that information.

Thanks!
I got the PNR from united on the ANA site, but my first code-shared leg still doesnt pop up, the rest of my ANA coded itin was okay tho!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
How did you do it? What am I missing?

Originally Posted by aoumd

Thanks!
HOW?!?
I've got my NH PNR from UA.com, but ana's website consistently says "We're unable to retrieve your reservation at this time," or some such nonsense.

What gives?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Legend717
HOW?!?
I've got my NH PNR from UA.com, but ana's website consistently says "We're unable to retrieve your reservation at this time," or some such nonsense.

What gives?
Are you inputting your name correctly?

FIRSTMIDDLE (together with no spaces, as the first name)
LAST (as your last name)

Meaning if your name was Tom Ryan Smith, you would enter:

TOMRYAN
SMITH

Plus your NH PNR gathered from the UA website (not the UA PNR) - or call UA and ask for the NH PNR - or find it via the "Additional Info" link on the mobile app when viewing a reservation.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
Originally Posted by Legend717
HOW?!?

What gives?
I have the exact same problem and for the life of me couldn't input the information to get a seat assignment. Had to call ANA's call centre and they assigned the seats to me. The helpful person on the phone said that I couldn't sign in to the ANA website even with the ANA confirmation number that UA gave me because of the two systems don't talk to each other.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
UA Codeshare

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:30 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by JamboAddick
I have the exact same problem and for the life of me couldn't input the information to get a seat assignment. Had to call ANA's call centre and they assigned the seats to me. The helpful person on the phone said that I couldn't sign in to the ANA website even with the ANA confirmation number that UA gave me because of the two systems don't talk to each other.
This is bizarre. I've logged into the ANA site umpteen times with the NH PNR that I got from UA with no issues - to assign seats or process upgrades with NH miles. Confusing that they would suggest to you that this wasn't possible.

If the two systems "don't talk to each other", how does one book an NH flight via UA? Obviously this is untrue. Then again, given language constraints, I am less than surprised at what they told you...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Same here re: no problem. I easily logged into the ANA website with the PNR I got from the UA site and selected our seats. With one caveat. I couldn't get in under my name (I have first, middle, last names, i.e. MARY JANE FINK) trying both FINK MARY JANE and even trying firstmiddle as above, i.e. FINK MARYJANE. However Mr. Fink has only first and last names and I can easily pull up our res using his name, FINK JOE. So it is definitely something to do with the name order/name input with the first and middle names.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Finkface
Same here re: no problem. I easily logged into the ANA website with the PNR I got from the UA site and selected our seats. With one caveat. I couldn't get in under my name (I have first, middle, last names, i.e. MARY JANE FINK) trying both FINK MARY JANE and even trying firstmiddle as above, i.e. FINK MARYJANE. However Mr. Fink has only first and last names and I can easily pull up our res using his name, FINK JOE. So it is definitely something to do with the name order/name input with the first and middle names.
When there's an issue, it's usually just Middle Initial not middle name. Try appending to the first or last name.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
I also only have first and last name. No middle name. Have never been
able to enter the ANA confirmation # that United.com gives me and look
up the record on ANA's own website. Always had to call ANA directly
and have them assign me the seats.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
aaaarrggh. I used to be able to book a UA trip to BKK as a multi segment and force the NH flight numbers in -- no more. It has to be booked as a 4-digit United code share flight now and I can't access my seats on the ANA site.
Has anyone had any luck doing this with UA code share flight numbers?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: Status? What's that? :)
Earlier tonight, I bought tickets on a UA/ANA codeshare (UA7941, operated by ANA for IAD-NRT) and called UA CS and got the ANA reservation #. When I tried to assign my seats on ANA's website, it said:

*We cannot display the selected reservation. Please contact your travel agency, or contact ANA International Flight Reservation and Information Center.(Error Code: W_H26)"

Is there a time window that I need to wait before it shows up on ANA's system, such as 24-48 hours? ANA's reservation line is currently closed. I still have plenty of time (flight isn't until mid March of 2015 ) so it's not urgent but am curious if the ticketed reservation isn't immediate between the two carriers.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by tayd
Earlier tonight, I bought tickets on a UA/ANA codeshare (UA7941, operated by ANA for IAD-NRT) and called UA CS and got the ANA reservation #. When I tried to assign my seats on ANA's website, it said:

*We cannot display the selected reservation. Please contact your travel agency, or contact ANA International Flight Reservation and Information Center.(Error Code: W_H26)"

Is there a time window that I need to wait before it shows up on ANA's system, such as 24-48 hours? ANA's reservation line is currently closed. I still have plenty of time (flight isn't until mid March of 2015 ) so it's not urgent but am curious if the ticketed reservation isn't immediate between the two carriers.
sometimes it will NEVER show up on ANA's website and you'll have to call ANA to get seat assignment.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:39 pm

It's no use using the ANA website. I bought a codeshare flight on STA travel marketed by UA and operated by ANA. You can only reserve seats by calling ANA.

I just reserved my seats by calling ANA this morning, and it worked. The rep told me that I could not view my bookings on the ANA web, simply because the system does not allow it. However, you can only view your seats online 24hrs prior to departure. But you can always call them to check your seats.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yan99
It's no use using the ANA website. I bought a codeshare flight on STA travel marketed by UA and operated by ANA. You can only reserve seats by calling ANA.

I just reserved my seats by calling ANA this morning, and it worked. The rep told me that I could not view my bookings on the ANA web, simply because the system does not allow it. However, you can only view your seats online 24hrs prior to departure. But you can always call them to check your seats.
Damn. I assume this means we won't be able to check-in with the ANA app either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.