Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

AZ Call centers - so unbelievable unprofessional

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ Call centers - so unbelievable unprofessional

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: Alitalia Mille Miglia, KLM/Air France Flying Blue, Aegean Miles&Bonus, Priority Club, HHonors
Originally Posted by christvs
The Dutch call center isn't much better. I tried to reserve seats on my flights since the Alitalia website does not feature seat allocation. The agent not only was incredibly rude, but did obviously not understand the first thing about the type of business they are running. He was confused endlessly when I mentioned my flight to Tokyo and all he could find was Narita... in his mind those two places could not mean the same thing.

Clearly Alitalia chooses to outsource their call centers to the lowest bidder, if it wasn't for the dirt cheap tickets I got I would never fly this airline again just to avoid dealing with their aftersales department.
The website does feature seat allocation. Before you pay for your ticket it asks you if you want to pick your seat before paying or skip to payment. ^
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:00 am

Having same problem as OP... After literally ONE HOUR on hold (without any keep-alive from her).... They can't find my fare! Pathetic!

They give me the number to a supposed Rome Ticket office +390665951, which ends up at some random person's home in Italy (I double checked, this is the actually number she gave me).
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I called the UK yesterday because my seat selections seem to go away every so often!

1. They wouldn't help without the Alitalia PNR
2. When I explained that I thought she could find it by name, flight number and date, she had a revelation and located the booking.
3. She didn't understand why there was no longer a seat assigned, but offered me a few crappy examples at the back of the Business cabin
4. I took the best they had left and just sighed.
5. May be time to look for another carrier.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
After 5 calls to the call center to change a ticket I am just going to linate in a cab. Pathetic. After about 5 minutes on each call suddenly they can't hear me. Every time. Wth!?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Yesterday received a call (of course from random persons home) asking parla italiano after schedule change. Of course she didn't speak any other European language like German, English, Spanish or Portuguese. Even Iberia, Air France etc have understood that calling to people living abroad using Spanish/French won't work...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:57 am

Has anyone been able to reach an actual city/airport ticketing office that spoke reasonable english, over the phone?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Alitalia's customer service is truly horrendous. Not only are they completely incompetent but they are rude and unprofessional as well. And BTW it's the same if you speak Italian- sometimes worse.

But, like most of Italian companies, public and private, they simply don't care.

As an Italian, I am still convinced the only thing that will save Italy is an economic catastrophe. People and companies are still way too comfortable.

I ONLY fly Alitalia if I have NO other option available.

Last edited by bostontraveler; Feb 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by miikkak
Yesterday received a call (of course from random persons home) asking parla italiano after schedule change. Of course she didn't speak any other European language like German, English, Spanish or Portuguese. Even Iberia, Air France etc have understood that calling to people living abroad using Spanish/French won't work...
WOW. You got a phone call for a schedule change??? Go play the lottery IMMEDIATELY! I have had more than 100 schedule changes with them and never once received a call.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by charlesswe
Has anyone been able to reach an actual city/airport ticketing office that spoke reasonable english, over the phone?
The US number does sometimes offer service with a heavy Italian-American New York accent

I sometimes prefer that than listening to the Palermo, gum-chewing attendants... painful....
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by NYTA
After 5 calls to the call center to change a ticket I am just going to linate in a cab. Pathetic. After about 5 minutes on each call suddenly they can't hear me. Every time. Wth!?
Wait till you get to the biglietteria at Linate... Another example of stellar Italian service. NOT!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Actually I made two changes this week to tickets at linate and found them to be fast, efficient and nice.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
WOW. You got a phone call for a schedule change??? Go play the lottery IMMEDIATELY! I have had more than 100 schedule changes with them and never once received a call.
I received 2 calls, an email and an SMS for each single schedule change, so you may wish to check your customer profile and provide them with appropriate contacts. And you'll see you'll receive your calls.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by NYTA
Actually I made two changes this week to tickets at linate and found them to be fast, efficient and nice.
Yes, that's also my experience.

Over the phone, with the caveats that a) I talk in Italian and b) I get to the Freccia Alata Plus people and not to the regular call center, I always get very reasonable and friendly service.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by raistlin

Over the phone, with the caveats that a) I talk in Italian and b) I get to the Freccia Alata Plus people and not to the regular call center, I always get very reasonable and friendly service.
I presume that is because you have Freccia Alata. I have DL GM (ST E+) with an Italian phone number and I NEVER receive any kind of alert when there is a schedule change.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by raistlin

As do I... in fairness, sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not. The more complex, the worse it is. And Milan is MUCH better than FCO.... to not speak of NAP or PMO.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.