Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Altitude Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Interesting. I have been in the same position since September also, but I did not get the e-mail. Neither has my wife, who is over the 50k AQD but below the miles.

Perhaps they really look at current reservations? We both have a trip planned in two weeks and already booked, that will take us over the requirement.
I don't think they look at future bookings. I have a couple of flights flown where the AQD hasn't yet posted plus a couple more bookings that take me within a few hundred bucks of $20K (closer to the threshold than some of the people upthread who got the SE requalification e-mail).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adam.smith
I don't think they look at future bookings. I have a couple of flights flown where the AQD hasn't yet posted plus a couple more bookings that take me within a few hundred bucks of $20K (closer to the threshold than some of the people upthread who got the SE requalification e-mail).
Why is it then that you got the 75 k qualification e-mail while I did not?

Random? Mine is in the mail? What else, an act of some god or another?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Why is it then that you got the 75 k qualification e-mail while I did not?

Random? Mine is in the mail? What else, an act of some god or another?
It's AC, who the hell knows. Why did some of us get out IKK counters reset and others didn't?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by adam.smith
It's AC, who the hell knows. Why did some of us get out IKK counters reset and others didn't?
Can't answer "why" but my Priority Rewards counter reset, too. Total amateur hour BS
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I seem to recall it was supposed to be Jan 1 - Dec. 31, no? But I believe last year it reset when you would choose your "privileges."

IT glitches at AC are called policy.
Rather inconsistent with the actual benefit year which runs from March 1st through the end of the following February. Calendar years are only relevant to the actual earning of status. True if one moves up a tier after the end of the automatic status upgrade in mid-October, those benefits will kick in once you're registered your benefit options even before March 1st. And if you drop from say SE to 75K/50K, you're still SE until the end of February and are entitled to all the benefits, upgrade calculations and IKK for flights taken up until then. That's why this must be an IT glitch and those 2016/7 benefits like remaining IKKs should still be usable until February 28th. Any new ones would just be added on but not drawn from until March 1st (unless you've used all your 2016/7 allocation or received them through early qualification/requalification.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ffsim
Can't answer "why" but my Priority Rewards counter reset, too. Total amateur hour BS
EXACTLY!

After using one the other day, I had 8 left.

I took a screen shot.

Should I wish to blow some miles between now and Dec 31 and should they require IKK, I will be relentless in my demand that those IKK be taken from the 8 that were left for 2016.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
EXACTLY!

After using one the other day, I had 8 left.

I took a screen shot.

Should I wish to blow some miles between now and Dec 31 and should they require IKK, I will be relentless in my demand that those IKK be taken from the 8 that were left for 2016.
I still have 9 left.

I guess I better redeem before my counter gets reset too!

Hooray for inconsistency.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I still have 9 left.

I guess I better redeem before my counter gets reset too!

Hooray for inconsistency.

Don't mess with me. I will bury them in screen shots. LOL
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: status-free
Mine reset to ten even though I won't be SE next year! Maybe I can use them all before Feb 28?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by biglinguist
Mine reset to ten even though I won't be SE next year! Maybe I can use them all before Feb 28?
That's the other side of the coin; "amateur hour" isn't necessarily bad for everyone
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by ffsim
That's the other side of the coin; "amateur hour" isn't necessarily bad for everyone
Not exactly a zero sum game either lollolol
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Made a aeroplan booking just now using priority and lost one now only nine left and had 6 before the reset
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
the problem with AC is nobody cares, they assume we have no choice to fly other airlines.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'm not saying I'm happy about it but this is from the altitude site.

Priority Rewards are limited to a combined total of ten (10) reservations in both Economy and Business Class, per Super Elite 100K member, per year. Your counter will be reset when we proceed to our annual requalification activities beginning in December and your status is updated for the following benefit period. Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SearsTower
I'm not saying I'm happy about it but this is from the altitude site.

Priority Rewards are limited to a combined total of ten (10) reservations in both Economy and Business Class, per Super Elite 100K member, per year. Your counter will be reset when we proceed to our annual requalification activities beginning in December and your status is updated for the following benefit period. Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.

Ah, so let's see if I understand this:

Jan 1- Dec 31 is the calendar year for flying and accumulating AQM and AQD to determine status for the following year, but the IKK you receive expire before the year ends.

As well, eUpgrade credits earned prior to approximately the beginning of November each year, expire on Feb 28 of the following year, leaving anyone who earned their credits later in the year, with less time to use them. I know an oft asked question here has been why can't the eUps have a 1-year expiry date from the date they were earned. (One of the things I like about AA is that my SWUs and 500-mile upgrades expire on the exact same date that my annual status does.)

March 1 is the date the "new year" starts in terms of the Altitude priority phone numbers, for example.

Seems to me, the fact that there is a mixed bag of start and end dates for a range of benefits and status adds to the confusion for some and perhaps is annoying for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.