Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

Happy New Year's everyone. Best wishes for safe and fun travels in 2015

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 1, 2015 at 8:40 am Reason: Posting while drinking...
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Happy New Year's everyone. Best wishes for a safe and fun travel in 2015
+1

Happy vapour trails!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Happy New Year from OGG FT gang!

Health and Happiness
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
LHR MLL - All urinals out of order

Exciting news out of LHR MLL - all urinals are out of order - no ETA.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hello from the YYZ int'l MLL. I am happy to report that all urinals are working here.

Now off to HND.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hello from the YYZ int'l MLL. I am happy to report that all urinals are working here.

Now off to HND.

I'm betting at ANA lounge HND, all will be working and sparkling.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left
Probably with chocolate sprinkles on top as well.

Edit: With a box of this next to the sink.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Next September, I am traveling CDG > YUL > LAX. I am a Citi Prestige / PP Select card holder. With that itinerary, will I be able to enter the lounge? First time going international since I actually knew of these things!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Japan... what a joke that Canada is when it comes to being clean and functioning all the time.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by roki
Next September, I am traveling CDG > YUL > LAX. I am a Citi Prestige / PP Select card holder. With that itinerary, will I be able to enter the lounge? First time going international since I actually knew of these things!
Looks like you can access "Salon ICare" at CDG with your PP membership. Sadly there's no lounge accessible to you at YUL.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reminder to those who don't fly far away often or just don't fly too often:

Just because you are taking off from airport X does not mean that everyone's body clock is of or near X's time zone. In fact, some of your fellow pax may be on time zone X+/-6,8,10,14,etc hours, so their sleeping/eating/nature break habits will most likely be completely other-side-of-the-world from yours.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will be at the HND NH lounge tomorrow (Monday Japan time) for AC006.
If any fellow FTer is going to be there would be nice to say hi, have some sake, and then get back to work on my iPad

I will be the guy wolfing down the noodles, chicken nuggets, and kakiage udon, whilst washing 'em down with Japanese Whisky.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:21 am
Suspended

Will be at the HND NH lounge tomorrow (Monday Japan time) for AC006.
If any fellow FTer is going to be there would be nice to say hi, have some sake, and then get back to work on my iPad

I will be the guy wolfing down the noodles, chicken nuggets, and kakiage udon, whilst washing 'em down with Japanese Whisky.

Yes, I washed down the sake with the chicken nuggets.
As I was leaving the lounge I thought too bad they don't do take-out
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I washed down the sake with the chicken nuggets.
As I was leaving the lounge I thought too bad they don't do take-out
I know!

I always (with remorse) stuff myself to the hilt in that lounge... then I ask for the Flex meal 6 hours into the flight... then end up getting the hot noodle soup and dim sum instead!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:30 am
Suspended

I know!

I always (with remorse) stuff myself to the hilt in that lounge... then I ask for the Flex meal 6 hours into the flight... then end up getting the hot noodle soup and dim sum instead!

I was thrilled to beat the "breakfast rush" at the Sake tasting station, and even had time to buy some treats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.