Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Not sure if I should post this here or on the Wifi thread....I was hesitant to put it on the other thread as it's a one off question pertaining specifically to Rouge.

The Rouge 319 apparently is not in the plans to get Wifi, but under ac.com it says that they are trial testing systems like the inmarsat one.

Are there any Rouge 319s that have any Wifi at all? E.g. Any fins?
All rouge 319s have wifi.

Feel free to come back with a question that more accurately describes the information you wish to acquire
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
All rouge 319s have wifi.

Feel free to come back with a question that more accurately describes the information you wish to acquire
Wifi to connect to the outside world. Clearer?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Wifi to connect to the outside world. Clearer?
There was talk of testing possibly in early 2016.. Upgrading IFE was the first priority.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PlaneWatcherYYC
There was talk of testing possibly in early 2016.. Upgrading IFE was the first priority.
Thanks! Could you please explain re: upgrading IFE on Rouge? I've only been on the 319, but I thought the IFE was going to continue to be the same? (streaming to iPads?)

Clearly I'm missing something. Thanks PlaneWatcherYYC!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC
If I remember correctly it was back in winter 2010/2011, Air Canada launched YUL-PHX twice weekly.

I was kind of hoping after a few years it was ready to come back as a rouge flight. Since it wasn't announced last week, is there a possibility is will come back in the next few years?

Thoughts?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Thanks! Could you please explain re: upgrading IFE on Rouge? I've only been on the 319, but I thought the IFE was going to continue to be the same? (streaming to iPads?)

Clearly I'm missing something. Thanks PlaneWatcherYYC!
They've been working on the IFE hiccups for sometime now, along with the Android app.. Think it was a few months back they introduced the iPad2's on board (Around the same time as the upgrading of the A319 Premium rouge cabin).. So now that all that's rolled out, should possibly see some WiFi testing to go ahead if its still on the planning list. Comes down to the whole Security, What do you charge, filters etc thing..
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I'm taking my first 767 Rouge on December 20th. Wish me luck! (and yes, of course in J)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I'm taking my first 767 Rouge on December 20th. Wish me luck! (and yes, of course in J)
It's not bad. I'm looking FORWARD to my Rouge flight on Thursday. 2x2 on the 319.

Hoping the scenery will make it a difficult flight.

On another note, now that I think about it, UA isn't THAT bad. PDB was nice, no food though on a 1 hour flight, that sorta sucked.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
International or domestic/transborder?

I enjoyed my YVR-LAX J rouge experience. There's little difference over the mainline narrow body product.

If it's an international redeye, well...my thoughts are with you.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
International or domestic/transborder?

I enjoyed my YVR-LAX J rouge experience. There's little difference over the mainline narrow body product.

If it's an international redeye, well...my thoughts are with you.
international red eye on rouge, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh you're funny.

YVR - PHX December 20th rouge J seat 3D AC1840.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...Rt6HUtWGOZO.99

Air Canada announces first Air Canada rouge Service between Toronto and Charlottetown during Summer Travel Season

Canada NewsWire

MONTREAL, Dec. 3, 2015

Over 35 per cent increase in available seats over last summer

MONTREAL, Dec. 3, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today announced that its leisure carrier subsidiary, Air Canada rouge™, is expanding in Eastern Canada by operating twice daily seasonal non-stop service between Toronto and Charlottetown beginning May 2, 2016. Flights and optional Air Canada Vacations packages are available for purchase at aircanada.com and through travel agents. Air Canada Vacations currently has seven-day vacation packages available for sale from Charlottetown to Sun destinations via Toronto from as low as $847 round-trip, all-in.

"With the expansion of our leisure carrier rouge to Charlottetown, Air Canada is pleased to offer over 35 per cent more seats over last summer between Toronto and Charlottetown, just in time for the busy summer travel season," said Benjamin Smith, Air Canada President Passenger Airlines. "By deploying Air Canada rouge on Charlottetown, a popular summer travel destination, Air Canada is reinforcing its commitment to meet the needs of Islanders and the Island's tourism and business community. For over 30 years, Prince Edward Island and visitors have been able to count on Air Canada for year-round and competitive air service connecting the Island with Canada and the world."

"The Charlottetown Airport welcomes Air Canada's decision to bring their Air Canada rouge product to Prince Edward Island", said Airport Authority CEO Doug Newson. "The use of larger Airbus A319 aircraft between Charlottetown and Toronto will provide more capacity for Islanders as well as the thousands of tourists that travel to our beautiful province every year. Air Canada has served Prince Edward Island for several decades and we thank them for continuing to pursue strategic growth options that will have a significant impact on PEI's economy."

Air Canada in Prince Edward Island
In summer 2016, Air Canada rouge and Air Canada Express will operate up to 69 scheduled non-stop flights each week from Charlottetown to four destinations across Canada.
•Air Canada offers twice daily summer service to Toronto between May 2 and October 23, 2016 operated by Air Canada rouge with 136-seat Airbus A319 aircraft featuring premium and economy cabins. All Air Canada rouge Airbus A319 aircraft feature an additional 30 per cent of overhead bin space and an upgraded premium cabin with spacious seats in a 2x2 configuration. For winter 2016/17, service will return to three daily Air Canada Express flights with the 50-seat Bombardier CRJ jet aircraft operated by Air Georgian
•Up to three daily non-stop Air Canada Express flights to Montreal with a mix of 74-seat Bombardier Q400 Next Generation aircraft offering all-leather seating and 50-seat Bombardier CRJ aircraft operated by Jazz Aviation LP
•One daily non-stop flight to Ottawa with Air Canada Express 50-seat Bombardier CRJ jet aircraft operated by Jazz Aviation LP
•Four daily flights to Halifax using Air Canada Express 18-seat Beech 1900D aircraft operated by Exploits Valley Air Services, Ltd. (EVAS)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I flew over the weekend on rouge 767 CUN-YYZ in row 13 and was very pleasantly surprised by the legroom on offer (after being annoyed that they gave away my bulkhead seat). The first few "premium" rows of Y are actually pretty roomy.

The only downside is that they have copied Westjet and used shorter seat cushions to create the illusion of legroom for those further back. This makes the actual seat less comfortable for me than mainline since less of my thing is on the cushion - more weight per square inch.

Off yo BCN for the weekend - flying via MUC on the way there to get some sleep and pretzels but return will be in Premium Rouge.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
Anxious to read your impression of Premium. Good to know that Plus on a 767 is not that bad.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
Anxious to read your impression of Premium. Good to know that Plus on a 767 is not that bad.
I flew Premium before but it was the old Hawaiian configuration of 3 x 6, which was quite good, rather than the slightly more cramped 4 x 24.

Will report back.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by The Lev
The first few "premium" rows of Y are actually pretty roomy.
I've flown YUL-LAS in that section and absolutely agree, nothing wrong with it.

Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
You can dig up my post in here somewhere, but Premium was a let-down for me. Plus is great, but Premium, well, it feels like a waste (and it's generally not that much more expensive than Y in North America).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.