Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I just priced out YYZ-ATH July 14-21.

AC Rouge both ways - $1626 AI in T+ = 1600 status miles
AC/LH via FRA both ways - $1687 AI in T+ = 9034 status miles.

Wow... Big difference in status miles.

So their version of an LCC means saving you $61, a connection and a few hours while taking away 7000+ AE points.

I don't think they know what LCC means.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
24 months from now, these will be Air Canada's fare names since rouge will be gone:

rouge
Zip
Tango
Tango Plus
Latitude
Executive/Executive First
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This on entertainment:

Entertainment Wireless streaming of movies and more, direct to your personal electronic device.
Final program details and pricing will be communicated prior to first flight in July 2013.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The name will not do well in English Canada. 29" pitch vs. Westjet - the choice is clear.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/rouge.html
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/index.html (bottom of page)

Can anyone confirm that it's in fact 2 of the Amigos and the 2 all-Y 319s are are the planes that are moving to Rouge?

The status miles for Tango+ and Latitude are insulting. 400 miles for Sun and 800 miles for Europe on Tango+ is less than 25%. Latitude works out to around 75% status miles for Sun destinations (1400 miles) and 50% for Europe (2800 miles). That pretty much makes me avoid this altogether.

Premium cabin for the 767s to be announced, but it looks like you can't even book Exec for the AC mainline portion of the fare:
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by yvr76

The status miles for Tango+ and Latitude are insulting. 400 miles for Sun and 800 miles for Europe on Tango+ is less than 25%. Latitude works out to around 75% status miles for Sun destinations (1400 miles) and 50% for Europe (2800 miles). That pretty much makes me avoid this altogether.
This airline is aimed at family/vacation travellers so I dont see what the big deal is.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by newcdn
Actually, the 763 will have 282 seats. The A319s only have Rogue and Rouge Plus seats, no premium economy.

230 Rogue (Economy) seats - 30" pitch.
28 Rouge Plus seats - 35" pitch.
24 Rouge Premium seats - 37" pitch. This is a separate 2-2-2 Premium economy cabin.

New slimline seats will be installed.
Any details slimline seats? Do these recline into themselves?

Doing the math how did you get 28 R+ and 24 R-P seats?

319 - First four rows are Rouge Plus (3x3 x 4 = 24 seats):
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

767 - First three rows are Rouge Premium which is essentially a NA Executive class (2x2x2 x3 = 24 seats)
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-300rouge.html

Looks like Rouge Plus may be bookable as a preferred seat.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I just priced out YYZ-ATH July 14-21.

AC Rouge both ways - $1626 AI in T+ = 1600 status miles
AC/LH via FRA both ways - $1687 AI in T+ = 9034 status miles.

Wow... Big difference in status miles.
Exactly....
Why would you ever fly red. Fly 9000 miles and settle for 1600sm. Crazy, and sit with your feet in your nose for hours on end. Some flights are bad enough these days on the mainline imagine what rouge is going to be like, when the company takes on a low cost sunwing mentality
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
I like the livery.

I thought one of their models in developing this was Jetstar, a very effective compliment to the Qantas brand. However, looking at the structure, it is a pure Transat model. Space in the market for both while this is nascent and their routes are mainly complimentary.

I would not have kept the AC on the plane. One of the reasons Jetstar has worked is that it has not devalued the Qantas brand. I think the average passenger who takes the cheapest shorthaul connection onwards with Jetstar from a longhaul Quantas flight sees it more as an interline operation than bad quality Qantas.

And the EQMs, especially for Latitude - which effectively serves no purpose if there is scope for upgrades - are insulting, again would have been better to distance the new entity entirely from AC/AP rather than these floor rate flat numbers.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:38 am

This airline is aimed at family/vacation travellers so I dont see what the big deal is.
Almost same fares as the mainline.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Seat map for the 763s indicate fins 691/692 (the photo(shop) shows 691 C-GHPE). Funny, the tweeted image shows reg C-FXCA or fin 639. Minor details, eh?

And aren't the three amigos fins 687/689/690?

Another note, AC rouge bookable with AE: YUL-ATH 75,000 miles and $576.55 in fees. Don't yet see any J-like product available, though.

Oh yeah, and 29" pitch on the 319s. It'll be intersting to see if the slimline seats make up for anything.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
The big deal is that transit and WS are already in the market and they do it very well. AC is making assumptions that may prove costly in the long run. May be time to buy more WS stock.
One other thing, do you think if there is an irrop, they will protect you on a star carrier or even one of their own main line flights.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by yvr76
Any details slimline seats? Do these recline into themselves?

Doing the math how did you get 28 R+ and 24 R-P seats?

319 - First four rows are Rouge Plus (3x3 x 4 = 24 seats):
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

767 - First three rows are Rouge Premium which is essentially a NA Executive class (2x2x2 x3 = 24 seats)
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-300rouge.html

Looks like Rouge Plus may be bookable as a preferred seat.
Scroll down to Cabin details.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/media/rouge/meet.html

The total number of seats in the 763 is kind of a mystery still. The seat map says 246 seats, on that link above it says 282 seats and Airlineroute says 264 seats.

Airlineroute says 18 Premium seats and 246 Economy seats = 264 total seats.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Dorian
Almost same fares as the mainline.
Doesn't LCC mean Low Cost Carrier (i.e. the carrier itself has low costs)? That doesn't mean Low Price Carrier (i.e. consumer price). AC is often cheaper than WS on many of the routes I fly, but WS is the LCC.

I really like the livery and dislike the low number of status miles.

I wonder what kinds of charges will apply for use of the wireless IFE, etc. Hopefully it won't be too much.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Spokesperson?:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.