Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KLouis
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar gh!

After so may months with so many intelligent FTers, posting the code on the letter, has finally anybody understood what this means? No! and has anybody understood why this is being reported? No!

Basta! Φτάνει! Enough! Assez! Reicht!

PS
I think you perhaps need to relax a little: the world is built on diversity. The code on renewals surely means something even though that meaning may not easily be discernible from empirically analysing a limited number of postings. Maybe the best way to end your torment would be for someone with personal contacts to talk to the head of the A3 M&B Program and directly ask him about the meaning of the code.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Maybe the best way to end your torment would be for someone with personal contacts to talk to the head of the A3 M&B Program and directly ask him about the meaning of the code.
Or even better: give us the number of A3*G! This is what started the letter code frenzy anyway. Personally I'd love to see a graph with the decline (?) of Golds since the new rules applied.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar gh!

After so may months with so many intelligent FTers, posting the code on the letter, has finally anybody understood what this means? No! and has anybody understood why this is being reported? No!

Basta! Φτάνει! Enough! Assez! Reicht!

PS

Well, I also happen to think it's a useless thing to do... but it took me five seconds to type it (and now a further 15 for this post) and I know there are people out there who are interested so...
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:47 am

I think you perhaps need to relax a little: the world is built on diversity. The code on renewals surely means something even though that meaning may not easily be discernible from empirically analysing a limited number of postings. Maybe the best way to end your torment would be for someone with personal contacts to talk to the head of the A3 M&B Program and directly ask him about the meaning of the code.
Perhaps we should add "The Requalification Letter Number" to the list containing, among others, The Moai of Easter Island, The Voynich Manuscript and the Georgia Guidestones, all excellent examples of (yet) unexplainable written/carved/sculptured messages to mankind!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:25 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Or even better: give us the number of A3*G! This is what started the letter code frenzy anyway. Personally I'd love to see a graph with the decline (?) of Golds since the new rules applied.
Absolutely zero chance of this happening - that is hugely commercially sensitive, and you won't find a single airline that would release that to the public domain. They will always talk about overall members because a large number (such as BA has in BAEC) is a draw to potential partners. I doubt you'd even get them to release how many of the total would be considered "active", i.e. making a credit at least once a year, although I'd wager to suggest with most FFPs even that's a pretty low percentage.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Absolutely zero chance of this happening
Of course I don't expect Aegean–or any other airline for that matter–to give out it's FF numbers but I would still love to see the data and I guess so do all these people posting their letter codes. So, while I'm waiting for an A3-leaks incident, I wouldn't mind reading an occasional letter code post.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by MrArkadin
...So, while I'm waiting for an A3-leaks incident, I wouldn't mind reading an occasional letter code post.
Here you go:

001 GRE
002 GRE
998 GRE
999 GRE
GRE 001
GRE 002
GRE 998
GRE 999

Makes a total of 1998 0r 2000 is 000 is also used. Now what? Of course, one could write them non-sequentially (as is the case when reading occasional posts). Question remains, now what?

PS No smiley used today for the upper part!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
so just to add to the fun with the codes !!!!

Wife received today up dated new card through to 11/18 after re-qualfy with 4 PE flgts & feeders on LH since Dec 16 ( last flgt mid-Jan

code no: 000057-GRE

posted to Sofia , Bulgaria from Netherlands

so its clear not waiting till November to issue new cards like last year which is a great step forward.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by europeanflyer
so just to add to the fun with the codes !!!!

Wife received today up dated new card through to 11/18 after re-qualfy with 4 PE flgts & feeders on LH since Dec 16 ( last flgt mid-Jan

code no: 000057-GRE

posted to Sofia , Bulgaria from Netherlands

so its clear not waiting till November to issue new cards like last year which is a great step forward.
Requalified also until November 2018 - accompanying letter has number

000076-GRE

Mystery solved: the number of Gold REnewals starts every year afresh.

One remains though: why KLouis gets so upset whenever this topic is mentioned. My guess is because he, despite being a scientist (he mentioned "the lab" in one of his close to 5000 posts), and rather prolific on this forum, didn't think of this himself first...
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by CesarFrancq
Requalified also until November 2018 - accompanying letter has number

000076-GRE

Mystery solved: the number of Gold REnewals starts every year afresh.

One remains though: why KLouis gets so upset whenever this topic is mentioned. My guess is because he, despite being a scientist (he mentioned "the lab" in one of his close to 5000 posts), and rather prolific on this forum, didn't think of this himself first...
Thank you very much for your absolutely brilliant idea, I really wonder why I had not thought of that myself (but read my post from Feb. 17). Now, are there only 999 (or 1998) Gold members? What purpose is served with the number?And most importantly, why do we care?

At any rate, beware of mad scientists, they'll always find ways of getting at you! Think of Dr. Mabuse...
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:05 am

Thank you very much for your absolutely brilliant idea, I really wonder why I had not thought of that myself (but read my post from Feb. 17). Now, are there only 999 (or 1998) Gold members? What purpose is served with the number?And most importantly, why do we care?

At any rate, beware of mad scientists, they'll always find ways of getting at you! Think of Dr. Mabuse...
You see, KLouis, that there is a function/meaning of our requalification discussion: we've all had a good laugh from the most recent posts. Surely this fun outweighs your minor personal discomfort? Long may the posts continue!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Renewal date: 24 Nov 2017
Requalification flight: 5 Mar 2017
New card arrived: 31 Mar 2017
Code on letter: 000177 - GRE

It's good that they send them out early now - a welcome change.

But I miss the old 3 year expiry!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:54 pm

Mad scientists are sometimes ultimately proven right when they overturn long-held conventional wisdom - for example, Copernicus. Perhaps it is therefore time to apply a 'scientific approach' to the GRE number conundrum. The hypothesis has been put forward that the numbering starts anew each year. If so, future renewal numbers this year must all be greater than the last reported figure of GRE 177.

It so happens that I have achieved the requalification mileage today. Let us see what my GRE number turns out to be. My prediction is that the number will be 178 or higher and will probably be in the range 250-300. If so, surely even the sceptical KLOUIS would have to admit that predictive success is the hallmark of good empirical science? Conversely, a GRE figure under 177 would demonstrate that his scepticism is well founded. I will report on the renewal number in due course.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:29 pm

Mad scientists are sometimes ultimately proven right when they overturn long-held conventional wisdom - for example, Copernicus. Perhaps it is therefore time to apply a 'scientific approach' to the GRE number conundrum. The hypothesis has been put forward that the numbering starts anew each year. If so, future renewal numbers this year must all be greater than the last reported figure of GRE 177.

It so happens that I have achieved the requalification mileage today. Let us see what my GRE number turns out to be. My prediction is that the number will be 178 or higher and will probably be in the range 250-300. If so, surely even the sceptical KLOUIS would have to admit that predictive success is the hallmark of good empirical science? Conversely, a GRE figure under 177 would demonstrate that his scepticism is well founded. I will report on the renewal number in due course.
I love a scientific approach to solving problems, even if it doesn't always work. In this case, it will not provide a definite answer. For example, if your number is under 177 there are two possibilities: Either nobody has had a good explanation on how these numbers are awarded to letters (!) or they go from 1-999 and then start again at 1. You won't know which of the two is true. A slightly different argument can be said about a number >177: it will mean nothing, i.e. neither prove nor disprove any theory outlined earlier by anybody.

Finally, and slightly OT, having only been paid by the public sector in my career (both salary and, most importantly, research funding) I must admit that I'm not used to the military-industrial complex's schemes to impose itself in all aspects of life. Could this be an effort by a new Ernst Stavro Blofeld to gain access to people's minds? Look at how many people spend hours to solve a mystery that, if ever solved, will have no effect on mankind other than solving it. Satanical isn't it?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:59 am
Suspended

I will easily qualify for Gold again this June. But I am debating should I continue my Gold requalification next year with Aegean or not. So as a curious note, I would like to ask follow A3 flyers, what is your plan? Will you continue with A3 in Gold provided no big changes to the programme? And what will make you abandon the ship of A3? Thank you for sharing your thoughts to help my self-debating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.