Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:42 am
sjv

Does A3 release more award seats to partners close in? I'm looking at a flight from ATH-MUC on 8/29 but there is only 1 seat available and I need 2? Any chance that seat opens up to *A partners for booking?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Not true, what witlesspax wrote is the correct answer. You may have confused it with the fact reported by many (no personal experience here) that you can book a flight before the expiration of the miles, to be flown after that date; but what GoGreen was asking is whether you can use the trick in order to extend the validity your miles beyond the original expiration date. And this actually requires a miles earning flight with a *A partner or OA.
Actually sorry my question wasn't clear. I have 25k total points in my account that will expire Dec 2016. In July 2016 can I make a booking to use them all in April 2017?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:19 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by GoGreen
Actually sorry my question wasn't clear. I have 25k total points in my account that will expire Dec 2016. In July 2016 can I make a booking to use them all in April 2017?
Yes, you can spend the miles now for a booking (for anything - flight, hotel, car etc) in the future.

What you can't do is extend their validity to spend at an unspecified point in the future unless you take a *A (+A3/OA) flight before December 2016.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:51 pm

Hi all,

sorry if this has been answered already. I did a search but didn't find anything. I have just reached M&B Silver and will be travelling to Greece on A3 in the next weeks as a family holiday (wife and 2 kids).... and to gain the 4 A3 flights for gold.

My question is, the lounge coupons allow access to the lounge for me + 1 guest as far as I have read. If I have 3 guests with me, would they accept if I would turn up at the lounge on the flight back with 3 coupons? I don't want to go in the lounge with my eldest and have the wife roaming around duty free with the credit card :-o

Thanks for letting me know your experiences.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I have no experience on this, but I don't see why there should be any problem. You can use your coupons in 3 separate visits or 3 together.
But let us know how it goes.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:52 pm

Thanks, I also don't see any issue in the T&Cs. Will give it a shot and let you guys know.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Not true, what witlesspax wrote is the correct answer. You may have confused it with the fact reported by many (no personal experience here) that you can book a flight before the expiration of the miles, to be flown after that date; but what GoGreen was asking is whether you can use the trick in order to extend the validity your miles beyond the original expiration date. And this actually requires a miles earning flight with a *A partner or OA.
Oh, I thought he was talking about redeeming miles, i.e. booking a reward flight that happens after the miles expire. As in: booking a flight in July that departs in September using miles that would have expired in August.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by sokolov
Oh, I thought he was talking about redeeming miles, i.e. booking a reward flight that happens after the miles expire. As in: booking a flight in July that departs in September using miles that would have expired in August.
Yes, it turns out that you were correct after all KLouis and I interpreted his post in a different way that seems to have been wrong. Sorry about the correction!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:29 am

Help with a rather specific mileage run (please!)

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but the A3 mileage run thread is closed so here goes...

I am looking to maintain my A3*G status this year but as I have been flying with *A less in the last few months I need to find 7,159miles+4A3/OA flights or 19,159 miles.

In addition, frustrating constraints due to work and family commitments mean I can only fit in a mileage run around the weekend of 20th Aug (I really can't miss this opportunity). I could potentially fit in 2 days annual leave before/after/either side but that really is all I can manage.

I am based in Paris and have been looking at flights to places on the A3 network (e.g. Heraklion with a change en-route) but that alone won't get me anywhere near enough miles and also the return ATH-CDG leg is vastly increasing the overall cost.

So...if anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Dan
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:19 pm

Remember that you can buy 2000 status miles. Maybe that helps.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:33 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by sokolov
Remember that you can buy 2000 status miles. Maybe that helps.
Good point, thanks for reminding me

Will have to run the maths on a random hop around Greece I think.

Dan
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
For the best mileage accrual, Id look to fly SAS - 100% mileage earning on all paid fares. So maybe fly to CPH via OSL, then continue to Greece maybe with SAS again, then some cheap flights with A3.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by benberg2013
For the best mileage accrual, Id look to fly SAS - 100% mileage earning on all paid fares. So maybe fly to CPH via OSL, then continue to Greece maybe with SAS again, then some cheap flights with A3.
I totally agree. It would be very difficult togain over 7000 miles otherwise. How about CDG-CPH-ARN (and return) in SAS Plus (200%) then ARN-ATH-xxx-ATH-ARN on A3? The SAS legs will get you 4800 points and ARN-ATH return is a little over 3000.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Booked two months ago [via an OTA, just to complicate things further] LHR-ATH-BEG and back for December. Now, A3 has decided to make some changes in their schedule and cancelled ATH-BEG-ATH on my dates.

They are offering me to fly day early/later - as this is a weekend trip, it's not really feasible.

If I stay on the LHR-ATH flight, there are other options between ATH and BEG, either on JU [direct] or various Star Alliance airlines [getting me only couple of hours late].

Other than re-booking, they are offering me a full refund - but now, two months later, everything else is much more expensive.

Any suggestions how to 'twist A3/OTAs arm' to get rebooked on a different airline?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
...Any suggestions how to 'twist A3/OTAs arm' to get rebooked on a different airline?
I'm afraid you'll have to accept your fate. They don't have to do more that what they're doing (free re-schedule or cancel) and I doubt that they'll ever agree to loose money by letting you fly on a different airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.