Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: TK *G,
The Platinum status makes the difference.

Edit: wrong statement...

Last edited by kaebo; Nov 21, 2012 at 9:06 am
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:59 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Did you do anything different to get immediate transfer?
Originally Posted by kaebo
The Platinum status makes the difference.
I think there's also some randomness to be factored in. Mrs IMH and I are both Platinum, but we have only ever been able to transfer points in blocks of 2,000 or 3,000 regardless of the settings we've tried.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by sporadic
The points for my Accor Facebook quiz Week #1 (500) posted. I then selected the option to do auto transfers to Iberia. The 500 points have now been removed and I have an email from Accor stating that the points would be transferred within 6 weeks into 1250 Iberia Avios. So I don't think there's a minimum for transferring to Iberia - could be wrong!
Same here, but none of the points have actually posted to Iberia yet. How long does it take?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:46 pm

I think you might need to write to LC customer service and have the first automatic transfer triggered by them. Mr honu had requested automatic transfer with DL for a promo about five months ago. The transfer didn't happen, so he wrote (twice), and it was finally set up correctly. So he got his original transfer and the DL bonus and forgot about it. When the first batch of points from the recent promo posted, they transferred to DL automatically. After seeing that, he changed his FF account to IB, and now that the second batch of points posted to his LC account, they've already been transferred to IB. He's Gold, not Platinum, so that shouldn't make any difference.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:15 pm

wow wish i would have seen this thread sooner. my points have been transferring to DL. two rounds so far. Just changed to IB.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, CC, US, BA
Here's what I've seen so far:

If you don't have automatic transfering turned on, you can only transfer at the given increments (once you reach 3000 for Iberia). But, if you have automatic transfers turned on, as soon as any points come into your account, they get transferred at the correct ratio(500:1250 for Iberia). This usually occurs within a day or two.

FWIW, I had week one transfer to Delta and it transferred in the last couple days. I had week two transfer to Iberia and it appeared today.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:03 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by RamRod
What sucked for me was that I had a number of stays post that took me from around 3k to 6k.... This triggered an Aeroplan transfer, but only transferred 4k.... leaving me with 2k of points sitting there below the transfer threshold.

It would be nice if you transferred ALL the points once you hit the threshold.

Needles to say, I have since switched the auto-transfer option off......
Now that's interesting.... I would have also expected the full amount of points to be transferred once we hit the 3k threshold... this is so useless and stupid.

So let's say you manage to hit 5960 points in one stay, only 3000 will transfer and you end up with 2960 orphan points sitting on your account waiting for your next stay?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:08 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Status has nothing to do with it... I'm Platinum with automatic transfer turned on and nothing happens with my 2195 points. My FFP is with SQ and the transfer is done only at 4000pts...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Air Miles (CA), IHG Priority Club, Best Western Rewards, LeClub Accor
Originally Posted by enelym1978
So let's say you manage to hit 5960 points in one stay, only 3000 will transfer and you end up with 2960 orphan points sitting on your account waiting for your next stay?
Yup!.... That's how it worked for me.... I currently have 3700 orphaned points (4K threshold on AP).... Hopefully my missing facebook places will trigger a badge or two giving me enough to transfer the rest.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Tiki
Same here, but none of the points have actually posted to Iberia yet. How long does it take?
Answering my own question, the first 2 weeks of transferred points are now showing up in Iberia, so it's either a bi-weekly or a monthly sweep.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:54 am

Avios Points from Le Club - Iberia much better?

Hello all

Looking to transfer some of my points on my Le Club Accor account to Avios points so off I go to the 'manage my points' section.

If I transfer to BA Exec Club, I need 4000 points to get 2000 Avios. However, if I select a transfer to Iberia Plus, I only need 3000 points to get 7500 Avios.

Surely some mistake? Or not?

I assume that I can then transfer Iberia Plus Avios to my main BA Exec account at 1:1 using the BA transfer tool.

Any guidance gratefully received!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:06 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMH23
Surely some mistake?
No mistake, although of course it's unlikely to last for ever. No problems transferring Avios between IB and BA, as long as your IB account has been open for 90+ days.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by IMH
No mistake, although of course it's unlikely to last for ever. No problems transferring Avios between IB and BA, as long as your IB account has been open for 90+ days.
Excellent help. Many thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
to clarify, is there a minimum number of points needed for auto-transfer to Delta miles? T&C talk about a "minimum" but don't define what that number is. Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:49 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Superclub17,

Thanks for asking.

The Delta Skymiles loyalty programme requires a minimum of 4,000 points for automatic transfers to work.

The trick is to set an automatic transfer through your profile and see how many points are needed

Cheers,

Nathan

Originally Posted by Supercub17
to clarify, is there a minimum number of points needed for auto-transfer to Delta miles? T&C talk about a "minimum" but don't define what that number is. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.