Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
First time here, would appreciate advice anyone would have on this.

A long time ago, when I signed up for Le Club I started out as a Platinum right off the bat. Unfortunately, I overestimated their North America and Japan presence and didn't use it nearly enough to maintain my status, which expires at the end of this month. However, I still want to maintain it, and it seems like the Club des Actionnaires is the way to do it in my situation.

Just to make sure: My two options are to buy 50 shares of AC.PA through my usual US-based stockbroker or to buy one share of AC.PA with a French stockbroker to directly register ("au nominatif") it with Accor, correct?

The reason I ask is because if setting up a French brokerage account is doable for an American, then I want to go the registered share route when I go to France in a couple of months (I don't have the 1700-odd Euros on hand necessary to buy 50 shares). I just worry that I might end up hit with hidden fees (say, a monthly fee for maintaining a brokerage account in France- I don't know if that's a thing over there or not). Has anyone here had experience setting that up?
Old May 16, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yeah, it will be them or E*Trade if I go through with it.
I have Fidelity, but I can't pull up AC.PA online. I can only see ACRFF and ACRFY. I'm wondering if I needed to talk to a live agent for AC.PA
Old May 17, 2014, 6:28 am

depending on your account and where you live, sometimes you may not buy foreign shares directly
you have to call your bank or broker to enable this feature, or give orders over the phone only in some cases

the stock is pretty low at the moment because all markets went down, now is the good time to invest
Old May 17, 2014, 5:18 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by imm2b
I have Fidelity, but I can't pull up AC.PA online.
Fidelity has it as AC.FR (link here). Note that you will need to be, in Fidelity's words, "logged in and signed up for international trading to view international stock quotes and research".
Old May 20, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Is anyone holding this status having issues with Platinum recognition during stays?
My status, most of the times, is not seen in advance by the different properties I visit so they cannot prepare amenities in advance.
I already asked the Customer Service of Le Club, but they just told me to give a multiple-digit code to the property so they can recognize my status :s
Do you guys experience the same issues?
Old May 20, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Fidelity has it as AC.FR (link here). Note that you will need to be, in Fidelity's words, "logged in and signed up for international trading to view international stock quotes and research".
Thanks. I saw that message. Looks like I'll have to give them a call.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by olivedel
Is anyone holding this status having issues with Platinum recognition during stays?
My status, most of the times, is not seen in advance by the different properties I visit so they cannot prepare amenities in advance.
I already asked the Customer Service of Le Club, but they just told me to give a multiple-digit code to the property so they can recognize my status :s
Do you guys experience the same issues?
For this reason I typically mention "Le club platinum" in the 'additional comments' box when making my booking online.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
For this reason I typically mention "Le club platinum" in the 'additional comments' box when making my booking online.
Has that trick been working?
Old May 21, 2014, 1:51 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by olivedel
Has that trick been working?
9 times out of ten, Yes. When it doesn't, like in my last stay in Palembang, is due to the hotel not recognising Le club at all.
Old May 21, 2014, 3:35 am

9 times out of ten, Yes. When it doesn't, like in my last stay in Palembang, is due to the hotel not recognising Le club at all.
That is good news, thanks.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AC AP, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive
Originally Posted by jamar
First time here, would appreciate advice anyone would have on this.

A long time ago, when I signed up for Le Club I started out as a Platinum right off the bat. Unfortunately, I overestimated their North America and Japan presence and didn't use it nearly enough to maintain my status, which expires at the end of this month. However, I still want to maintain it, and it seems like the Club des Actionnaires is the way to do it in my situation.

Just to make sure: My two options are to buy 50 shares of AC.PA through my usual US-based stockbroker or to buy one share of AC.PA with a French stockbroker to directly register ("au nominatif") it with Accor, correct?

The reason I ask is because if setting up a French brokerage account is doable for an American, then I want to go the registered share route when I go to France in a couple of months (I don't have the 1700-odd Euros on hand necessary to buy 50 shares). I just worry that I might end up hit with hidden fees (say, a monthly fee for maintaining a brokerage account in France- I don't know if that's a thing over there or not). Has anyone here had experience setting that up?

Any luck with just buying the one share for those in North America? I am Canadian and use Sofitel when I am in Asia, but not enough to obtain any status with Accor. I would like to obtain Platinum and the purchase of the one share would be ideal for me. Otherwise purchasing 50 shares through my Canadian Brokerage account will come in at around $3,000 CDN.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I bought 50 shares of AC through Schwab Global account at the beginning of May, emailed Accor comfi within a few days. However, no reply yet and my account status has not been updated either.

Becoming a bit impatient here...
Old May 27, 2014, 9:09 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vip66
I bought 50 shares [...], emailed Accor comfi [...] However, no reply yet
Did you complete the online application form? If not, completing and submitting it now will improve your chances of getting a response. If you've already submitted it, I suggest waiting until next week to follow up.
Old May 27, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
sent the confirmation from my bank 8 days ago and filled their form...

my account still shows the same: Platinum running out end of june
Old May 27, 2014, 7:19 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by wannagoexplore
Any luck with just buying the one share for those in North America? I am Canadian and use Sofitel when I am in Asia, but not enough to obtain any status with Accor. I would like to obtain Platinum and the purchase of the one share would be ideal for me. Otherwise purchasing 50 shares through my Canadian Brokerage account will come in at around $3,000 CDN.
You probably know this but you can get Accor Plat with the Canadian Amex Platinum card ($699 -$200 travel credit = $499 - whatever you value signup points at...) in case you cannot go the single share route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.