FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   10K miles for 3 stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/954577-10k-miles-3-stays.html)

Evan! Jul 7, 2009 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 12029737)
Looks like Wyndham just enhanced their offer.
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/1000/?...rid=1102703308

Looks stackable to me:

To qualify for the Wyndham Rewards® 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion and earn 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points per qualified stay, the member must (i) stay at a qualifying rate at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion (ii) check-in between July 1, 2009 and August 31, 2009 and, (iii) check-out no later than September 30, 2009. Stays with a check-out date after September 30, 2009 will not receive any bonus points. If a member does not elect to receive Wyndham Rewards points in their member profile, they will receive their regular airline miles or rail points for the qualified stays and 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points in the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account. Hotels participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Ramada® and Super 8® branded hotels located in the U.S., Canada or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and Travelodge® branded hotels in the United States.
:)

Different offer than the subject of this thread. Perhaps you might want to start a new thread or, since you say they have "upped" the offer, find an existing thread about Wyndham point bonuses rather than Wyndham bonuses for FF miles. :)

Kohoutek Jul 7, 2009 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 12029737)
Looks like Wyndham just enhanced their offer.
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/1000/?...rid=1102703308

Looks stackable to me:

To qualify for the Wyndham Rewards® 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion and earn 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points per qualified stay, the member must (i) stay at a qualifying rate at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion (ii) check-in between July 1, 2009 and August 31, 2009 and, (iii) check-out no later than September 30, 2009. Stays with a check-out date after September 30, 2009 will not receive any bonus points. If a member does not elect to receive Wyndham Rewards points in their member profile, they will receive their regular airline miles or rail points for the qualified stays and 1,000 bonus Wyndham Rewards points in the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account. Hotels participating in the Wyndham Rewards 1,000 Bonus Point Promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Ramada® and Super 8® branded hotels located in the U.S., Canada or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and Travelodge® branded hotels in the United States.
:)

Sure does look stackable.

Caution to all to check if your rez at a particular property qualifies.

MileTex Jul 8, 2009 9:13 am

Cheapest Rates

Was wondering what hotel/cities have the lowest rates to qualify for this promo. I found a $30.59 rate in Tucson. Can anyone find anything better?

craz Jul 8, 2009 12:09 pm

OK Im THICK please explain why mattress run

I take it that with tax etc it will cost me say $150 for 3 nights that will give me 10,000 miles so for 25k that would cost me $375 heck for $375 I can buy almost any transcon tkt and earn 5000 EQMs and fly when I want to and not when or if the Carrier has a Saver seat available for the dates I want to go

that same $150 can get me 2 nights at certain *W Hotels that will yield me 2 more stay credits toward Plat as well as a free weekend night up to a Cat6 anywhere which can be worth a few $100

So right now I wont be doing this promo at least not before 8/1 when *Ws promo ends. But cant see doing a MR just for the Miles as for me it doesnt add up. Now if I needed a place to sack out and dont mind Basic Motels thats someting else

Upstate Jul 8, 2009 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 12032866)
I take it that with tax etc it will cost me say $150 for 3 nights that will give me 10,000 miles so for 25k that would cost me $375 heck for $375 I can buy almost any transcon tkt and earn 5000 EQMs and fly when I want to and not when or if the Carrier has a Saver seat available for the dates I want to go

that same $150 can get me 2 nights at certain *W Hotels that will yield me 2 more stay credits toward Plat as well as a free weekend night up to a Cat6 anywhere which can be worth a few $100

So right now I wont be doing this promo at least not before 8/1 when *Ws promo ends. But cant see doing a MR just for the Miles as for me it doesnt add up. Now if I needed a place to sack out and dont mind Basic Motels thats someting else

That is why you don't redeem miles for a domestic coach reward ticket. Save up for int'l F or something good like that.

craz Jul 8, 2009 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Upstate (Post 12034063)
That is why you don't redeem miles for a domestic coach reward ticket. Save up for int'l F or something good like that.

still @ 1.5 CPM its not a Great deal IMO, and with the way Intl fares are so way down I probably would fly Coach on an ElCheapo rather then go for Free in Biz or FC or use the miles for an Upgrade and earn the EQMs if still needed.

I understand if it can be had a FC to Europe would mean paying $1500 but since its only good 1 time per Carrier then all 1 can earn is 1/10 of a free FC to Europe, but on paper its $1500 for a FC even thou you cant actually earn 100k on 1 carrier thru the promo

again not a bad thing , but not something Id do a mattress run for. heck 2 orders of coins can get me that same 10k w/o a dime out of my pocket:cool:

wanaflyforless Jul 9, 2009 1:19 pm

Can anyone tell me if I will earn points if I book on Expedia?

Or do I at least have a good chance of earning points if I book on Expedia?

Evan! Jul 10, 2009 8:19 am

7 nights and 7 brands and 36,548 Div Miles

Wyndham accomplished what they set out to do. They got me to try brands I have either never used or haven't used in over 20 years. Because they have confirmed that I can repeat brands and still get the bonus for every three brands I use until Sept 10 I calculate that each night is worth: base miles from Wyndham + 3,333 bonus miles from Wyndham + 50% bonus on both base & bonus miles from the US Airways 50% summer promo. Here's my report ranked best experience to worst:
  • Ramada Plaza, Northglenn, CO - $84.60 - Great value for the money. Bar/restaurant in the hotel. Free BIG breakfast bar. Very nice room. Hotel setup (indoor room access as opposed to motel setup with exterior doors to rooms)
  • Baymont Inn & Suites, Fife, WA - $98.10 - Motel setup. Best experience of the Tacoma, WA area for Wyndham hotels but the most expensive. Go figure.
  • Howard Johnson, Fife, WA - $89.99 - Motel setup.
  • Days Inn Tacoma Mall, Tacoma WA - $60.00 - Both indoor and outdoor access to rooms. Pool.
  • Super 8, Federal Way, WA - $62.89 - Hotel setup. Expected the absolute least but was pleasantly surprised.
  • Microtel Denver Airport, $59.40 - Hotel setup. Great front desk people. Soon to be re-modeled.
  • Travelodge, Fife, WA - $59.99 - Motel setup. Even with the very nice front desk receptionist (owner?) this place ranks last because it is a real dump. Couldn't leave fast enough.
I'll be returning in a few weeks to the Tacoma area. I will repeat all the hotels in this area except for the Travelodge. All the room rates are cheaper than what I would have spent with my normal travel habits. So I save quite a bit of money doing this 1-star-mattress-run. I have 5 more nights reserved so I am looking at a total of 12 nights before the end of July. I predict the total I'll get from this promo (w/o counting cc miles for the room charges) will be 62,448 US Div Miles. :) I don't know yet my travel plans for Aug through Sep 10 so maybe I'll get even more :D

rustyr Jul 10, 2009 9:05 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 12035152)
still @ 1.5 CPM its not a Great deal IMO, and with the way Intl fares are so way down I probably would fly Coach on an ElCheapo rather then go for Free in Biz or FC or use the miles for an Upgrade and earn the EQMs if still needed.

I understand if it can be had a FC to Europe would mean paying $1500 but since its only good 1 time per Carrier then all 1 can earn is 1/10 of a free FC to Europe, but on paper its $1500 for a FC even thou you cant actually earn 100k on 1 carrier thru the promo

again not a bad thing , but not something Id do a mattress run for. heck 2 orders of coins can get me that same 10k w/o a dime out of my pocket:cool:

Various replys from customer service reps say this offer IS repeatedable which have been posted here if u took time enough to read this thread. I guess we will have to see when the promotion ends. If that IS the case, then 100K on one carrier is feasible and with a lot less time involved flying. You could do three different brands in one nite if possible. Or at least one a day spend no more than 5mins @ each property checking in. Where else are you going to spend 30 minutes to an hr going to 3 props each and get 10K, of which some of these I can use for biz travel? Surely not flying. And for award travel I'd rather burn 25K miles for a saver award MLI-SLC in February to go skiing than pay over $450. Half the trip is on a RJ anyways.

Sweet Willie Jul 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 12032866)

normally I'm with you and have been *W plat for many years but the promo you mention for me personally is no good as I don't have time to use the free nights before they expire.

I've been enjoying some very cheap stays and buiding back up the account of an airline I've actually never flown but just burned two biz class tickets to Europe on.

So $$$ saved (lots of personal stays) and 10k to boot for every 3 stays, this one makes a lot of sense in my world.

I don't think I would have done this promo from a pure mattress run angle unless I needed 10k to top off an account for international tickets as Upstate mentions.

As always YMMV so do what makes sense for oneself, gotta love FT^

Evan! Jul 15, 2009 2:46 pm

DARN!! Stays 3,4,5,6 & 7 posted today. Okay that's the good news. But my first 2 stays did not. Three through seven were Days Inn, HoJo, Travelodge, Baymont, and Super 8. They all posted today the 15th. The stays were for 7/5 through 7/9, one night each. Pretty fast posting. The first two were Ramada and Microtel on 6/26 and 6/27. I verified when checking in at both hotels that my WR # was in the reservation. I verified again when checking out the following morning.

Does anyone have experience with different brands posting with different lag times? I contacted WR via their web site. Last time I did this the response was fairly quick. However the first time I used their web site to contact them I did not hear back for 3 weeks.

craz Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 12061119)
normally I'm with you and have been *W plat for many years but the promo you mention for me personally is no good as I don't have time to use the free nights before they expire.

I've been enjoying some very cheap stays and buiding back up the account of an airline I've actually never flown but just burned two biz class tickets to Europe on.

So $$$ saved (lots of personal stays) and 10k to boot for every 3 stays, this one makes a lot of sense in my world.

I don't think I would have done this promo from a pure mattress run angle unless I needed 10k to top off an account for international tickets as Upstate mentions.

As always YMMV so do what makes sense for oneself, gotta love FT^

Yep definitely a YMMV issue

I earned 5 1/2 free weekend nights will end with 6. more important even if I dont use them is the 12 Stay credits it earned me as I had only 4 before that and need 25 by 12/31 to Maintain my Plat status. So with what will be 9 Stays to go I should have any problems getting it done by 12/31 which would have been alot harder w/o these 12 Stays

radioinsomnia Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am

Still a little unclear as to what a "qualifying rate" is. From the T&Cs:

Qualifying Rates include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, group, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points.
That's all well and good, but I always use a discount code from my auto club which gets me about 15% off. My rate for an upcoming Baymont stay is listed as "Volume Disc Rate -wr" when I book. Does that "-wr" mean "no Wyndham Rewards," or does it simply indicate that I'm a WR member and booked through the WR site?

I'm just confused, because I book Choice properties with a legitimate SOS code all the time and they're always eligible for points/miles.

N965VJ Jul 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 12071848)
<SNIP> The first two were Ramada and Microtel on 6/26 and 6/27.

Microtel had only been a part of Wyndham for ~2 weeks at the time of your stay, not that I think that’s a valid excuse.

kdis Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm

I had the same problem with a Microtel stay in June. Just fill out the missing credit form. My points posted within a week after doing that.