FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   10K miles for 3 stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/954577-10k-miles-3-stays.html)

rustyr May 15, 2009 7:51 pm

10K miles for 3 stays

Received email and is available to all members (click on "Specials" at top of home webpage) fom May 14 through Sept 10. Stays must be at 3 different members of Wyndham group. Be sure to set your profile to miles earning and airline of choice.

bevvy5 May 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11756838)
Received email and is available to all members (click on "Specials" at top of home webpage) fom May 14 through Sept 10. Stays must be at 3 different members of Wyndham group. Be sure to set your profile to miles earning and airline of choice.

Not bad, but I fly AS, not one of their partners. Drat!!

sdsearch May 17, 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bevvy5 (Post 11757411)
Not bad, but I fly AS, not one of their partners. Drat!!

If you fly AS, that's not necessarily a problem (unless you fly exactly just enough to get a particular level of status with AS each year).

AS partners with a very wide number of airlines, and so if you get 10k with one of those airlines, by having some of your AS flights accrue toward the same airline, you can get to an award level with that airline for 15k steered toward that airlinei instead of toward AS.

AsiaTraveler May 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Interesting. Could even be worth it if cheap rates are available. But the one part of the fine print that troubles me is the references to "qualifying rates", which are never defined. Anybody know what a "qualifying rate" is?

sdsearch May 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler (Post 11763268)
Interesting. Could even be worth it if cheap rates are available. But the one part of the fine print that troubles me is the references to "qualifying rates", which are never defined. Anybody know what a "qualifying rate" is?

Are you sure they're never defined?

I mean, of course they're not defined in the promo itself. THat's because with pretty much all promos (unless they say otherwise) a rate that qualifies for the promo is the same as a rate that qualifies for the points/miles in the first place. And if you read the T&C for earning points, there should be something in there about qualifying rates.

zitozac May 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if you are able to do this promotion for two seperate airlines. (Ex. stay 3 times and credit all to Delta, then stay 3 times and credit to NW) as I could then just transfer them together and essentially get 20,000 miles for 6 stays? Any thoughts?

Thanks

frank3355 May 21, 2009 8:13 pm

This seems like a pretty good promo.

rustyr May 23, 2009 11:57 am

Already did my 3 last wkend for 10k CO miles. @ have posted already with notation to Continental for miles.^ I don't think you have worry too much about rates if you just click on "best prevailing rate" in the rate box it seems to match or beat internest,AAA,AARP rates. If you sign up for emails they''l send you out last minute specials acround country w/rates. Only way it can be cheaper I think is if property/ies you are thinking about allow 14-day pre-paid advance.

n dakota May 25, 2009 11:25 am

Is this capped at a one shot 10,000 mile offer or can you run this promo multi. times?

rustyr May 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Well the way it's worded it seems like a one time shot- I'll e-mail them about this. By the way, any reason why this promo is also running in Milesbuzz forum, Moderators? It's a Wyndham promotion and I wasn't the 1st to post about it, just that it seemed appropiate to post it here.

Kohoutek May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by zitozac (Post 11781972)
Can anyone tell me if you are able to do this promotion for two seperate airlines. (Ex. stay 3 times and credit all to Delta, then stay 3 times and credit to NW) as I could then just transfer them together and essentially get 20,000 miles for 6 stays? Any thoughts? Thanks

I've thought about the same thing myself. Right now, I have two future stays booked for hotel points. I could change another brand hotel rez to Wyndham brands to get the third night. Of course, I'd change my profile to airline miles from hotel points.

Originally Posted by frank3355 (Post 11787918)
This seems like a pretty good promo.

Agreed, if the airline miles you receive can do something for you.

Originally Posted by n dakota (Post 11801956)
Is this capped at a one shot 10,000 mile offer or can you run this promo multi. times?

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11810417)
Well the way it's worded it seems like a one time shot- I'll e-mail them about this. By the way, any reason why this promo is also running in Milesbuzz forum, Moderators? It's a Wyndham promotion and I wasn't the 1st to post about it, just that it seemed appropiate to post it here.

I've inferred from the T&C that it's a one-shot deal. Hopefully, rustyr will get back to us.

rustyr May 28, 2009 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Kohoutek (Post 11814732)
I've thought about the same thing myself. Right now, I have two future stays booked for hotel points. I could change another brand hotel rez to Wyndham brands to get the third night. Of course, I'd change my profile to airline miles from hotel points.

Agreed, if the airline miles you receive can do something for you.

I've inferred from the T&C that it's a one-shot deal. Hopefully, rustyr will get back to us.

No e-mail reponse, but I called and a rep said you there is no limit to times you can earn this bonus! IF that is the case, then the scenerio the zitozac posted about DL/NW would work. I can easily get 40k out of this to top off accounts.^ Is there any FFP that allows pooling of mileage? I wish I had a reponse on this in writing before I go wild on this.

rustyr Jun 4, 2009 6:46 am

The email I received was too vague about one-time only or earning again and again so I e-mailed them back specifically about earning 10K from American, then earning 10K from Delta for example. It took over week to respond to my original query so we'll see.

miles_kay Jun 4, 2009 10:45 am

I received an email response to my request clarifying that you can earn 10K more than once. Here is the response and I'd be happy to forward to anyone who needs it. PM me with your email address.

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

The Triple Play promotion is valid for stays occurring between
05/14/2009 and 09/10/2009. Members who have elected to earn airline
miles or rail points with Air Canada, American, Continental, United, US
Airways, Spirit, Delta, Midwest, Northwest, Sun Country or Amtrak,
register for the promotion and complete three qualifying stays at three
different hotel brands during the promotional timeframe will receive
10,000 bonus miles. The member will need to check in between 05/14/2009
and 09/10/2009 and complete their stay by 10/10/2009. The stays must be
qualifying in order to be eligible for this promotion.

There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive
10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel
brands.

A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one of our
participating hotel's regardless of check-ins or check-outs.

I have verified that you are registered for the Triple Play promotion.
You were registered for the promotion on 06/01/2009.

Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on
your Wyndham Rewards account and 6 to 8 weeks from your check-out date
for the regular airline miles to post to your airline miles account.
Please be advised that the bonus miles will not be applied to the
account until 6 to 8 weeks after the promotion has ended (09/10/2009).

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at
1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our
Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Danielle
Wyndham Rewards

Kohoutek Jun 4, 2009 10:54 am

Juicy news, miles_kay.

Let's all make a run on Wyndham brand hotels!

Beckles Jun 4, 2009 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by miles_kay (Post 11855392)
There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive 10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel brands.

Thanks for the information!

This is still not crystal clear, does this mean if you have a stay at a Wyndham, Days Inn, and Hawthorn, you get 10,000 miles, so can your next three stays be at the same brands, or would they then have to be other brands?

I'm not sure I can trust this promotion unfortunately, I think I'll be happy with doing it once unless we can get more concrete confirmation.

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I don't expect miles_kay to have these answers, I'm just pointing out the challenges I see with this promotion! :)

Kohoutek Jun 4, 2009 12:46 pm

I would think you would change your profile from earning miles on A airline to earning miles on B, C, D, etc. airline AFTER every qualifying third stay. No?

redreeper Jun 4, 2009 8:12 pm

I just spoke with a CS rep about the 10k issue and switching airlines mid-promotion; he said to call in and have a CS rep do it on your profile. I too was concerned if I just switch it without "registering" under that airline if it would go through.

rustyr Jun 5, 2009 7:54 am

Originally Posted by redreeper (Post 11858155)
I just spoke with a CS rep about the 10k issue and switching airlines mid-promotion; he said to call in and have a CS rep do it on your profile. I too was concerned if I just switch it without "registering" under that airline if it would go through.

Once you rgister for one airline on Wynham's website you don't have to re-register-at least that's what I have experienced when re-rgstring for Delta after my 3 stays w/Continental, as i got a mssge stated "you have already rgstrd for this promotion". I just went in and edited my profile to earn Delta miles. A 2nd phone coversation had the same response similiar to mileskay: unlimited earning potential. I won't say for sure as the wording is too ambigious, but the phone rep said it could be even earned w/same airline- just have 3 different stays every time. Oh how I wish they would have worded it in an email I received from Virgin about bonus w/Hyatt: earn this bonus "AGAIN AND AGAIN"!

redreeper Jun 5, 2009 8:42 am

Yes - my CS guy said it could be earned over and over on the same airline as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

fredpeckville Jun 5, 2009 10:58 am

Has anyone confirmed by either CS or empirical evidence that the same hotels can be used over and over? IE Holiday Inn twice, knights inn twice, Travelodge twice will yield 20k?

Thanks

Edited: I guess empirical isn't likely since these won't post at all until the fall.

N965VJ Jun 5, 2009 12:42 pm

Wirelessly posted (Motorola DynaTAC 8000X / NCSA Mosaic v 1.0)

Originally Posted by fredpeckville (Post 11860836)
<SNIP> IE Holiday Inn twice,

You might be waiting a long time for those Holiday Inn miles to post...

rustyr Jun 6, 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by redreeper (Post 11860160)
Yes - my CS guy said it could be earned over and over on the same airline as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

As long as you have 3 different brands per 3 stays then you can pile on the miles to one airline; the CS agent said you could stay at a Super 8 every time as one of your 3 stays for example. These guys must be desperate for bookings cause if this right, I can EASILY get 100K for a max of $1800, and I can write off 25% of it for sure for business.

aussieinsf Jun 8, 2009 11:39 am

Do the stays need to occur after registration, or do stays before registration count? (just registered recently - don't normally stay in these hotels but had a couple of recent stays).

redreeper Jun 9, 2009 10:09 am

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11864512)
As long as you have 3 different brands per 3 stays then you can pile on the miles to one airline; the CS agent said you could stay at a Super 8 every time as one of your 3 stays for example. These guys must be desperate for bookings cause if this right, I can EASILY get 100K for a max of $1800, and I can write off 25% of it for sure for business.

OK, lets see if I have this correct:

Register for promo changing my earning preference from Wyndham points to AA miles.

Stay at 3 different brands: Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8 (for example)

Get 10k AA miles...eventually.

Checked it out, all 3 posted to the Wyndham account as airline miles (AA) points.

Now, for round 2..... do I need to stay at 3 completely different brands to earn another 10k bonus on AA? (For example now I can only choose Knights, Hojo, or Ramada since I already stayed at Baymont, 8, and Days)
If I stay at another Baymont will it not count? Do I need to change my airline preference if I want to stay at another Baymont AND get the promo points?? Your post brought up some points I did not consider.

rustyr Jun 10, 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by redreeper (Post 11879180)
OK, lets see if I have this correct:

Register for promo changing my earning preference from Wyndham points to AA miles.

Stay at 3 different brands: Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8 (for example)

Get 10k AA miles...eventually.

Checked it out, all 3 posted to the Wyndham account as airline miles (AA) points.

Now, for round 2..... do I need to stay at 3 completely different brands to earn another 10k bonus on AA? (For example now I can only choose Knights, Hojo, or Ramada since I already stayed at Baymont, 8, and Days)
If I stay at another Baymont will it not count? Do I need to change my airline preference if I want to stay at another Baymont AND get the promo points?? Your post brought up some points I did not consider.

According to a phone rep u could stay at the same Super 8 again and again as long as it's shared w/2 other different brands for each 10K bonus for example. I dunno about this one- I still haven't heard back in email reply whether you can accumilate more than 10K miles in one airline just by staying at 3 diff brands per "segment". Also Super 8 is advertising 15% off advance purchase rates with ,I think, 8-day advance rez.

docr775 Jun 11, 2009 5:53 am

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the stays to post? Last week I had three stays - Days Inn, Microtel and Super 8 in order. The Super 8 stay posted within 24 hours while I am still waiting for the other 2. Any feedback?

zitozac Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am

Originally Posted by docr775 (Post 11889828)
Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the stays to post? Last week I had three stays - Days Inn, Microtel and Super 8 in order. The Super 8 stay posted within 24 hours while I am still waiting for the other 2. Any feedback?

There is a link to request missing credit on the website. I have had to do this probably 4 or 5 times in the last couple of months and in EVERY instance, my miles were credited to my account within 1 day.

gumflyer Jun 14, 2009 12:52 am

participating locations?

Does anyone know for sure which hotels are participating? I live in Guam and I plan to do two of my stays here. If I travel to Manila and to Cairns, there are locations there. My worry is that these locations are not participating and there is no indication online if they are or not. I tried to contact them, but I'm still waiting for a response from them. Thanks for any help.

Evan! Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am

Originally Posted by miles_kay (Post 11855392)
There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive 10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel brands.

Sweet! ^

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11864512)

I will easily get 30K miles from this promo just for the biz trips I currently have scheduled. I will most likely be able to get 30K more as my schedule fills in between now and Sept 10. :D

A special thanks to all those that did the footwork with the various CSRs. Your efforts are appreciated.

wegottago Jun 19, 2009 8:55 am

me pay but relative stay

With this promo can I reserve and pay for a hotel but have a relative stay there OR must I be present at the hotel?

Have a brother traveling soon up my way and thought maybe he could stay in the hotels while I pay for them and earn the miles.

Thanks.

Stephanie2378 Jun 19, 2009 10:50 am

There is no limit to the amount of times you can earn the bonus miles. For instance, if you are planning a trip across country and stay at a Days Inn, Knights Inn, and Baymont, then stay at those exact same locations coming back, then you'd qualify for the bonus miles twice.

The miles are posted within 6-8 weeks AFTER the promotion ends, where WR will go back and view all your stays to see how many sets of bonus points you are to receive. Because of this, you cannot get 10,000 miles to American Airlines, and another 10,000 miles to Delta Skymiles. You can only select one airline...even if you call to change your earning preference, it will go to the airline that you are currently earning thru.

Only the member can earn credit for hotel stays. The member must be the one staying in the room and the reservation must match the name on the membership.

Hope this information helps.

rustyr Jun 19, 2009 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Stephanie2378 (Post 11935520)
There is no limit to the amount of times you can earn the bonus miles. For instance, if you are planning a trip across country and stay at a Days Inn, Knights Inn, and Baymont, then stay at those exact same locations coming back, then you'd qualify for the bonus miles twice.

The miles are posted within 6-8 weeks AFTER the promotion ends, where WR will go back and view all your stays to see how many sets of bonus points you are to receive. Because of this, you cannot get 10,000 miles to American Airlines, and another 10,000 miles to Delta Skymiles. You can only select one airline...even if you call to change your earning preference, it will go to the airline that you are currently earning thru.

Only the member can earn credit for hotel stays. The member must be the one staying in the room and the reservation must match the name on the membership. Hope this information helps.

Exactly how do u know this as the cr's I called and others who have also called on this thread feel that you can switch airline earning preference per 3 stays if we want to as the rep told me that. I can't believe that Wynham doesn't keep track of when I switch earning preference- they send me emails noting whne I change and if i didn't, go in and change it or contact them.

rustyr Jun 19, 2009 11:40 am

Originally Posted by wegottago (Post 11934810)
With this promo can I reserve and pay for a hotel but have a relative stay there OR must I be present at the hotel?

Have a brother traveling soon up my way and thought maybe he could stay in the hotels while I pay for them and earn the miles.

Thanks.

All correspondence I have received says a completed stay,i.e. actually staying there. And that means id even w/pre-paid c-card pyments. Some properties will want to swipe your card anyway in case for log-distance phone charges, room service charges, etc. in which case I don't see you being able to do this.

BigLar Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm

OK - I'm new to Wyndham Rewards, but I spotted this thread last Friday and immediately joined. I have three stays booked already this coming week. (KI,S8, and Baymont). Some newby questions:

1. I got the rates from their website - it seems AARP, AAA, etc. give the best deals and they all say "qualified". I'm assuming this means they will count for the promo. Correct?

2. Any 'gotchas' I should be aware of? For instance, for most of the Choice Privileges promos, you have to book on the website or via their phone number. Any similar restrictions here?

3. This is really a juicy promo - wish I'd seen it earlier. I figure I can get 40-50K miles by sloughing off the remainder of the CP promo, but if I decide to also bypass Marriott's promo, I can probably pick up 100K AA miles. Not too shabby, especially since the rates I'm getting will wind up saving me 40-50 bucks a week. Sweet. But ...

Has Wyndham ever run any promo like this before? Are they likely to run one again? If this is unique, I'll be more likely to pound it for all it's worth, rather than exercise moderation (ed note: is this a Flyertalker talking? :)) and fill in the other promos.

Anyhow, thinks to all who spotted this and did the legwork. I'm looking forward already to my next European trip on AA. :D

rustyr Jun 21, 2009 9:53 am

Originally Posted by BigLar (Post 11940497)
OK - I'm new to Wyndham Rewards, but I spotted this thread last Friday and immediately joined. I have three stays booked already this coming week. (KI,S8, and Baymont). Some newby questions:

1. I got the rates from their website - it seems AARP, AAA, etc. give the best deals and they all say "qualified". I'm assuming this means they will count for the promo. Correct?

2. Any 'gotchas' I should be aware of? For instance, for most of the Choice Privileges promos, you have to book on the website or via their phone number. Any similar restrictions here?

3. This is really a juicy promo - wish I'd seen it earlier. I figure I can get 40-50K miles by sloughing off the remainder of the CP promo, but if I decide to also bypass Marriott's promo, I can probably pick up 100K AA miles. Not too shabby, especially since the rates I'm getting will wind up saving me 40-50 bucks a week. Sweet. But ...

Has Wyndham ever run any promo like this before? Are they likely to run one again? If this is unique, I'll be more likely to pound it for all it's worth, rather than exercise moderation (ed note: is this a Flyertalker talking? :)) and fill in the other promos.

Anyhow, thinks to all who spotted this and did the legwork. I'm looking forward already to my next European trip on AA. :D

If u have signed up, make sure you change your earning preference to airline miles and choose AA for the partner adding in the # on their website. I still don't
feel 100% confident that u will get the miles repeatedly if u read through the posts on this post. The offer's wording is too vague- I wish it would say "There is no limit to the amount of times you can earn this bonus" or something like that. As far as AAA/AARP rates, yes they qualify. I would stay away from Orbitz/Travelocity on booking these. Other gotcha is you have to actually check in in person. I think they have run double points promos b from time to time. Also the Super 8 brand offers a discount if you do a pre-paid minimum 8 day advance rez- I think it's 15%.

sdsearch Jun 21, 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by BigLar (Post 11940497)

First of all, no, they have not run anything like this before. (Keep in mind that the program is even way newer than Choice Priviliges, it has been running under this name for less than a year, but before that as TripRewards it was slow to pick up partners and so only has had most of those airlines as partners a couple years at best.)

So, next point is, we don't have much to go on regarding what qualifies. (Most of the previous attention was on Best Rate Guarantees, because most previous non-targeted earning promos were pretty meager, like capped-at-4-stays double miles/points.)

Next point is, we still don't have anything in writing from anyone at WynhamRewards that this promo is repeatable. In this thread, we have no nay-sayers, but there's a parlallel thread in MilesBuzz, and in there someone says a CSR told them they cannot repeat for more 10K bonus miles! (If you call back and get different answers, is the one you like necessarily the correct one? Is the one you get more often necessarily the correct one?)

Next point is, at all hotel families I've stayed at, posting time occasionally varies (and maybe at this one it could vary more?). Thus with back-to-back stays, posting order can vary. In a Choice promo, unless you were alternating 5 point/$ and 10 point/$ properties in the spring bonus, it didn't matter if your stays got out of order. But since you need 3 different properites in each group of 3 stays, unless you're going to be alternating between way more than 3 properties, then out-of-order stay posting could possibly wreck this promo if stays made like this:

brand A
brand B
brand C
brand A
brand B
brand C

post in this order:

brand B
brand A
brand A
brand C
brand B
branc C

and if Wynham counts the "three different brands" in posting order (rather than stay order).

Finally, keep in mind that the only way they could count them in stay order is by waiting a long time before posting the bonus. And the claim is that they won't post any bonus until the bonus period is over. Meaning (given they've never run anything close to this before), we have no way of telling much of anything about how this promo will end up working from past experience, until after it's too late...

Oh, one more thing. Few people have much experience with earning miles directly before this, because outside this promo, you earn more miles by earning points and then converting (because of their unusual 8000 points to 3200 miles conversion rate). It certinaly has worked (I earned for NWA Pile on the Miles a couple months ago), but there've been no other miles promos within this program other than double miles/points before.

Evan! Jun 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11943844)
If u have signed up, make sure you change your earning preference to airline miles and choose AA for the partner adding in the # on their website.

The promotion is not just for AA. It's the same 10K miles promo for almost all their airline partners:

Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11943844)
I still don't feel 100% confident that u will get the miles repeatedly if u read through the posts on this post. The offer's wording is too vague- I wish it would say "There is no limit to the amount of times you can earn this bonus" or something like that. As far as AAA/AARP rates, yes they qualify. I would stay away from Orbitz/Travelocity on booking these. Other gotcha is you have to actually check in in person. I think they have run double points promos b from time to time. Also the Super 8 brand offers a discount if you do a pre-paid minimum 8 day advance rez- I think it's 15%.

See post #14. miles_kay got email confirmation that one can repeat the rewards.

rustyr Jun 22, 2009 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Evan! (Post 11945100)
The promotion is not just for AA. It's the same 10K miles promo for almost all their airline partners:
I just quoted AA since thats what BigLar mentioned for his/her miles credit.

See post #14. miles_kay got email confirmation that one can repeat the rewards.

And I have received email reponese also that have NOT specifically said that- the response was too vague. I WISH ALL the phone reps/email reponders were on the same page for this promo-and blame the original wording offer for that/ people in orginization for not making it clear down to the rsvrtn agents.

BigLar Jun 22, 2009 8:32 am

Damn!

I wish they had BA in the list.

See post #14. miles_kay got email confirmation that one can repeat the rewards

Here's hoping! :)