FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   10K miles for 3 stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/954577-10k-miles-3-stays.html)

rustyr May 15, 09 7:51 pm

10K miles for 3 stays
 
Received email and is available to all members (click on "Specials" at top of home webpage) fom May 14 through Sept 10. Stays must be at 3 different members of Wyndham group. Be sure to set your profile to miles earning and airline of choice.

bevvy5 May 15, 09 11:10 pm


Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11756838)
Received email and is available to all members (click on "Specials" at top of home webpage) fom May 14 through Sept 10. Stays must be at 3 different members of Wyndham group. Be sure to set your profile to miles earning and airline of choice.

Not bad, but I fly AS, not one of their partners. Drat!!

sdsearch May 17, 09 9:14 am


Originally Posted by bevvy5 (Post 11757411)
Not bad, but I fly AS, not one of their partners. Drat!!

If you fly AS, that's not necessarily a problem (unless you fly exactly just enough to get a particular level of status with AS each year).

AS partners with a very wide number of airlines, and so if you get 10k with one of those airlines, by having some of your AS flights accrue toward the same airline, you can get to an award level with that airline for 15k steered toward that airlinei instead of toward AS.

AsiaTraveler May 17, 09 2:20 pm

Interesting. Could even be worth it if cheap rates are available. But the one part of the fine print that troubles me is the references to "qualifying rates", which are never defined. Anybody know what a "qualifying rate" is?

sdsearch May 17, 09 3:12 pm


Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler (Post 11763268)
Interesting. Could even be worth it if cheap rates are available. But the one part of the fine print that troubles me is the references to "qualifying rates", which are never defined. Anybody know what a "qualifying rate" is?

Are you sure they're never defined?

I mean, of course they're not defined in the promo itself. THat's because with pretty much all promos (unless they say otherwise) a rate that qualifies for the promo is the same as a rate that qualifies for the points/miles in the first place. And if you read the T&C for earning points, there should be something in there about qualifying rates.

zitozac May 20, 09 7:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if you are able to do this promotion for two seperate airlines. (Ex. stay 3 times and credit all to Delta, then stay 3 times and credit to NW) as I could then just transfer them together and essentially get 20,000 miles for 6 stays? Any thoughts?

Thanks

frank3355 May 21, 09 8:13 pm

This seems like a pretty good promo.

rustyr May 23, 09 11:57 am

Already did my 3 last wkend for 10k CO miles. @ have posted already with notation to Continental for miles.^ I don't think you have worry too much about rates if you just click on "best prevailing rate" in the rate box it seems to match or beat internest,AAA,AARP rates. If you sign up for emails they''l send you out last minute specials acround country w/rates. Only way it can be cheaper I think is if property/ies you are thinking about allow 14-day pre-paid advance.

n dakota May 25, 09 11:25 am

Is this capped at a one shot 10,000 mile offer or can you run this promo multi. times?

rustyr May 26, 09 10:19 pm

Well the way it's worded it seems like a one time shot- I'll e-mail them about this. By the way, any reason why this promo is also running in Milesbuzz forum, Moderators? It's a Wyndham promotion and I wasn't the 1st to post about it, just that it seemed appropiate to post it here.

Kohoutek May 27, 09 4:06 pm


Originally Posted by zitozac (Post 11781972)
Can anyone tell me if you are able to do this promotion for two seperate airlines. (Ex. stay 3 times and credit all to Delta, then stay 3 times and credit to NW) as I could then just transfer them together and essentially get 20,000 miles for 6 stays? Any thoughts? Thanks

I've thought about the same thing myself. Right now, I have two future stays booked for hotel points. I could change another brand hotel rez to Wyndham brands to get the third night. Of course, I'd change my profile to airline miles from hotel points.


Originally Posted by frank3355 (Post 11787918)
This seems like a pretty good promo.

Agreed, if the airline miles you receive can do something for you.


Originally Posted by n dakota (Post 11801956)
Is this capped at a one shot 10,000 mile offer or can you run this promo multi. times?


Originally Posted by rustyr (Post 11810417)
Well the way it's worded it seems like a one time shot- I'll e-mail them about this. By the way, any reason why this promo is also running in Milesbuzz forum, Moderators? It's a Wyndham promotion and I wasn't the 1st to post about it, just that it seemed appropiate to post it here.

I've inferred from the T&C that it's a one-shot deal. Hopefully, rustyr will get back to us.

rustyr May 28, 09 10:49 am


Originally Posted by Kohoutek (Post 11814732)
I've thought about the same thing myself. Right now, I have two future stays booked for hotel points. I could change another brand hotel rez to Wyndham brands to get the third night. Of course, I'd change my profile to airline miles from hotel points.



Agreed, if the airline miles you receive can do something for you.





I've inferred from the T&C that it's a one-shot deal. Hopefully, rustyr will get back to us.

No e-mail reponse, but I called and a rep said you there is no limit to times you can earn this bonus! IF that is the case, then the scenerio the zitozac posted about DL/NW would work. I can easily get 40k out of this to top off accounts.^ Is there any FFP that allows pooling of mileage? I wish I had a reponse on this in writing before I go wild on this.

rustyr Jun 4, 09 6:46 am

The email I received was too vague about one-time only or earning again and again so I e-mailed them back specifically about earning 10K from American, then earning 10K from Delta for example. It took over week to respond to my original query so we'll see.

miles_kay Jun 4, 09 10:45 am

I received an email response to my request clarifying that you can earn 10K more than once. Here is the response and I'd be happy to forward to anyone who needs it. PM me with your email address.

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

The Triple Play promotion is valid for stays occurring between
05/14/2009 and 09/10/2009. Members who have elected to earn airline
miles or rail points with Air Canada, American, Continental, United, US
Airways, Spirit, Delta, Midwest, Northwest, Sun Country or Amtrak,
register for the promotion and complete three qualifying stays at three
different hotel brands during the promotional timeframe will receive
10,000 bonus miles. The member will need to check in between 05/14/2009
and 09/10/2009 and complete their stay by 10/10/2009. The stays must be
qualifying in order to be eligible for this promotion.

There is no limit to this promotion, therefore, the member will receive
10,000 bonus miles for every three stays at three different hotel
brands.


A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one of our
participating hotel's regardless of check-ins or check-outs.

I have verified that you are registered for the Triple Play promotion.
You were registered for the promotion on 06/01/2009.

Please allow 10 days from your check-out date for the stays to appear on
your Wyndham Rewards account and 6 to 8 weeks from your check-out date
for the regular airline miles to post to your airline miles account.
Please be advised that the bonus miles will not be applied to the
account until 6 to 8 weeks after the promotion has ended (09/10/2009).

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at
1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our
Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Danielle
Wyndham Rewards

Kohoutek Jun 4, 09 10:54 am

Juicy news, miles_kay.

Let's all make a run on Wyndham brand hotels!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:28 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.