FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   10K miles for 3 stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/954577-10k-miles-3-stays.html)

Evan! Jul 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by kdis (Post 12082827)
I had the same problem with a Microtel stay in June. Just fill out the missing credit form. My points posted within a week after doing that.

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes out. Haven't heard back from Wyndham either way but it has been less than a week so I am not worried.

zceuxbhjutf Jul 22, 2009 3:49 pm

I registered for a WR number earlier this month cuz I was about to book a room. I guess I never logged in at the website, though, so when I was looking at my airline website today it had a link to this thread's promotion. I clicked.

I was presented with an additional offer -- "Reward yourself even faster. Book your next stay and earn 10,000 bonus miles." -- probably due to my first-timer login. Sounded good so I booked a room I don't even need. 10,000 miles for about $50 seemed too good to pass up.

Am I crazy?

P.S. That hotel turns out also to be a participant in the 1000-point bonus, hmmm (I probably won't ever use those points).

radioinsomnia Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by kdis (Post 12082827)
I had the same problem with a Microtel stay in June. Just fill out the missing credit form. My points posted within a week after doing that.

I stayed at a Microtel on Sunday night. (First-ever Microtel stay for me - very pleased, especially for $43.) I asked during check-in if my WR number was on the reservation, and it was not, even though I booked with it. The manager said "the Wyndham site doesn't send them through anymore." I had the number handy, the desk clerk wrote it down in a binder, and my miles posted today. (No 1,000-point bonus for that property.)

I have done four stays in the last 10 days, and the points/miles have all posted very quickly. I'm quite surprised given some of the comments. Wyndham properties are definitely not my first choice, and this program sucks outside of promos like this, but I'm glad my experience has been decent.

dmodemd Jul 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I laugh because the cost to them of this promotion is more than the total revenue of the properties on the 3 night stays. But more so because the purpose of the promo is to try and get people to try the different brands to see .... presumably... how GOOD they are?!? When its having the opposite affect, at least on me, of reminding me how bad some of them are!

Im at the Wingate tonight and Hawthorne tomorrow which are nice but the Ramada last night was a little scary... my only other choices are Super 8, Days Inn, and Knights Inn which all have scary reviews too. I just need one more decent one but can't find it in this town (Allentown, PA)

Evan! Jul 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 12144629)
I laugh because the cost to them of this promotion is more than the total revenue of the properties on the 3 night stays. But more so because the purpose of the promo is to try and get people to try the different brands to see .... presumably... how GOOD they are?!? When its having the opposite affect, at least on me, of reminding me how bad some of them are!

Im at the Wingate tonight and Hawthorne tomorrow which are nice but the Ramada last night was a little scary... my only other choices are Super 8, Days Inn, and Knights Inn which all have scary reviews too. I just need one more decent one but can't find it in this town (Allentown, PA)

Except for Wyndham mainline and Wingate I expect no consistency with WR hotels. Travelodge is the worst in my experience. I pulled up to a Knights Inn once in Atlanta and didn't even get out of the car. It was WAY too scary and I am pretty sure there was a prostitute soliciting from the second floor.

FYI, the Baymont in Fife, WA was not quite as good as the Wingates I have known but was just fine and I would stay there again. I don't know if Baymonts are consistent since this was my first time at one.

xanthuos Jul 30, 2009 10:00 pm

I loved the WR BRG, so I stayed in more WR properties than most on this board...here's the perception I have of most of the brands...

Wyndham Resorts - Always nice, but sometimes overpriced for what they offer.
Wingate - My favorite. Clean, very nice rooms, great breakfast, great amenities.
Ramada - Most of the Ramadas that I have stayed in have been the nicer of Wyndham's "lesser" brands.
Travelodge - Relatively the same as Ramada, though more hit & miss. I've seen a few Travelodges that left a bit to be desired, but for example, where I am now (Saskatoon, SK Canada), the Travelodge is one of the nicest (non-luxury) hotels and where NW puts up its crews.
Baymont - All the ones I stayed in had a great morning breakfast (like Wingates) but the rooms weren't as nice as Wingates. Generally all positive experiences though.
Super 8 - Pretty basic accomodations and sparse continental breakfast. More consistent in cleanliness and quality than Days Inn.
Days Inn - Just about the lowest tier of WR properties. Consistency varies GREATLY. Either they can be very nice or VERY bad & shady.
Amerihost (Now Baymont) - The only I've stayed in was in WV. No problems at all, but I didn't have a lot of experience with the brand (before it was absorbed).
Howard Johnson - More likely to be crappy than quality. Stayed in one in upstate NY that was pretty decent, but otherwise, rather low-end.
Knights Inn - Hooker motels. Enough said.

Sweet Willie Aug 2, 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 12144629)
I laugh because the cost to them of this promotion is more than the total revenue of the properties on the 3 night stays.

doubt that, you know the cost per mile to them?

Evan! Aug 2, 2009 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 12161369)

I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to ask. Thanks for running point for me. :p

CMK10 Aug 2, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm done!

I just wrapped up my third stay.

July 2-3 - Howard Johnson KCI, MO. Decent hotel, room was old, staff was good, breakfast decent (but started at 4 AM). $65.

July 18-19 - Ramada DFW Airport North, TX. Decent hotel, room was better than Howard Johnson though the TV didn't work. Staff was mixed, breakfast was cold pastries. $39.

July 31-August 1 - Days Inn PHX, AZ. Decent hotel. Room was tolerable. As I live here I checked in then drove back the next day to check out. $39.

Now let's see if the miles post.

dmodemd Aug 5, 2009 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 12161369)

2-3c a mile I guess...
$200-300 thereabouts
How much does Wyndham profit on 3 nights? $60?

That's advertising, costs you way more than one purchase to bring them in the door... you hope to make an impression that sticks in the long run. Better have a product that will impress the buyer!

236Dakota Aug 5, 2009 4:46 pm

I've submitted the following question to Wyndham, twice, by email:

"I am still waiting for the answer to the question I sumitted last week: RE: The 10,000 mile/3 Stay Promotion. Can you stay at the same three brands, and even the same 3 hotels/different brands, over and over again and repeatedly get the 10,000 miles over and over again?

Please email me an answer. Thank you"

Still waiting

radioinsomnia Aug 7, 2009 9:58 am

A few posters in this thread have confirmed with Wyndham Rewards CS that this promo is supposed to be repeatable. You can stay at the same three brands twice and get the bonus twice... or at least, that's what some of us have been told.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11855392-post14.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11884930-post26.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11935520-post32.html

travelingmore Aug 7, 2009 12:04 pm

We have done 2 series of 3 stays, for the promotion - a WR operator told us you can do as many as you like and get 10,000 miles for each set of 3 different hotels, but if anyone also gets an email confirmation on this, we would be interested in seeing it too. Wow - hadn't stayed at Wyndhams before, and, as others have noted, not likely to do so again.... i

Funny thing - only the stays at the Knights Inn hotels did not post, and we had to call WR each time to get them posted - a glitch for that chain only?

Like others, looking forward to the miles posting after the promo is over.

dmodemd Aug 7, 2009 12:08 pm

I too am concerned we don't have this in writing. Once they realize how much they need to pony up they may back off the responses we got. After next week I will have done it 3 times and think I will hedge my bet and stop there although I think I can work in 2 or 3 more times. I also have to balance this with a Hilton Diamond VIP challenge I am on that I need to make sure I complete!

The Ramada Allentown has been a bitter pill to swallow :rolleyes:

236Dakota Aug 7, 2009 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by radioinsomnia (Post 12189839)
A few posters in this thread have confirmed with Wyndham Rewards CS that this promo is supposed to be repeatable. You can stay at the same three brands twice and get the bonus twice... or at least, that's what some of us have been told.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11855392-post14.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11884930-post26.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11935520-post32.html

I realize FTs may have been told this by CS, but I'd like it in writing, in an email. Some of these places are rat holes where I check-in, go to the room, mess up the bed and leave. I don't mind buying the <$40 room and leaving if this is going to get me the bonus. I just don't want to be doing this only to give Wyndham a economic stimulus.