FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   10K miles for 3 stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/954577-10k-miles-3-stays.html)

rustyr Aug 8, 2009 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 12190965)
I realize FTs may have been told this by CS, but I'd like it in writing, in an email. Some of these places are rat holes where I check-in, go to the room, mess up the bed and leave. I don't mind buying the <$40 room and leaving if this is going to get me the bonus. I just don't want to be doing this only to give Wyndham a economic stimulus.

I have emailed 2 different persons on their executive board on this issue and no response. As you say a customer rep saying it's repeateable even to the point of the same 3 properties time after time is one thing. It's another to have someone up the ladder to confirm it in writing. It would be curious to know how much of a bounce their rsvrtns are due to thios promo. And speaking of rat holes, a Knights Inn in Orlando; I wouldn't even mess up the bed with my hands it looked so bad. I stood on it, kicked the sheets around, threw towels in the shower for 30 seconds then left.

n dakota Aug 10, 2009 6:02 pm

OK, I just thought I'd clear up a question that I called a Wyndham rewards CSR about. I ask what if I ended up staying at brands in this order:

Travelodge
Super 8
Super 8
Ramada
Days Inn
Howard Johnson

She said that the 2nd stay at Super 8 ends up moving down the list until its able to be used as one of the 3 stays for the promo. So then the groups would be:

Travelodge
Super 8
Ramada

Super 8
Days Inn
Howard Johnson

I was afraid it would throw a wrench in the whole line up if you got an extra one in there.

On a side note, I have to say that after staying at Choice Hotels, Wyndham properties are a hard pill to swallow.

westlaker Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Anyone got the 10k miles after the 3rd stay?

Evan! Aug 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by westlaker (Post 12210908)
Anyone got the 10k miles after the 3rd stay?

per the T&C
Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and stay for the standard airline miles to be credited to their account, and six to eight weeks after the completion of promotion for the bonus 10,000 airline miles to be credited to their account
Since the promotion ends Sept 10 I would guess that the bonus miles won't be "due" until around October 24 at the earliest.

Evan! Aug 13, 2009 11:27 am

Response from Super 8 for on line survey.

Super 8 sent me a survey on line about my recent stay. It took a few minutes. I just received this reply via email from Super 8:
Dear Evan!:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 40% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Sincerely,
Jane Doe
Manager
Super 8 Motel
I hate to tell them that since the US Airways 50% summer bonus promotion has expired I no longer feel a need to stay at Wyndham properties. :p

236Dakota Aug 15, 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by 236Dakota (Post 12181165)
I've submitted the following question to Wyndham, twice, by email:

"I am still waiting for the answer to the question I sumitted last week: RE: The 10,000 mile/3 Stay Promotion. Can you stay at the same three brands, and even the same 3 hotels/different brands, over and over again and repeatedly get the 10,000 miles over and over again?

Please email me an answer. Thank you"

Still waiting

I finally called CS and they confirmed that "you can stay at the same three brands, and even the same 3 hotels/different brands, over and over again and repeatedly get the 10,000 miles over and over again", but they refused to put that in an email, but said they would enter the statement in my record.

Then someone finally answered my email and said they saw my question was answered in my record, so they didn't answer my question.

So they don't want to clarify this in writing.:(

I guess having it in my record may help, if needed down the road.

n dakota Aug 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Wyndham isn't my normal hotel program and I'm wondering if anyone else here is concerned like I am that after staying in some of these dives, that on some technicality, I'm not going to get all my bonus miles posted?

Evan! Aug 18, 2009 4:47 am

Originally Posted by n dakota (Post 12241088)
Wyndham isn't my normal hotel program and I'm wondering if anyone else here is concerned like I am that after staying in some of these dives, that on some technicality, I'm not going to get all my bonus miles posted?

Actually I have two concernts. Same as n dakota but also with whether or not US will honor the 50% Summer Bonus promo when the 10K bonuses from Wyndham finally post. Wyndham promoted the two offers together - here.
Join the Triple Stay Promotion and earn more than 10,000 miles
Plus, earn 50% more Dividend Miles* with US Airways Summer Blockbuster with every stay through July 31, 2009. That means you could earn over 15,000 miles.

Hopefully Wyndham will back date the 10K bonuses when they post to the date of the 3rd stay. If not, I suspect it will be difficult for one to get US to honor the 5K bonus miles per bonus. I had 12 stays all ending before July 31 so I am expecting (read "hoping") to get a total of 60K miles.

236Dakota Aug 18, 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by n dakota (Post 12241088)

Yep, that's why I got my question answered and entered into my account record. We'll see if that is of any value down the road.

Bigshaker Aug 18, 2009 12:00 pm

I did my 3 stays Aug 3-5th and have only had 1 stay post (the Aug 5th stay).
I called Customer Service and they said I need to wait 6-8 weeks for them to credit a missing stay?
I filled out the on line missing stay request and didn't hear back from them in the 3-5 days it tells you that you will hear back.
I called the 2 hotels that haven't posted and they both confirmed my Wyndam # was on the record.

I sure hope this works out as these hotels were real dumps. The Knights Inn in Abilene TX had cockroaches jumping all over the place (meaning inside the room). Luckily it was so late that the kids thought it was just a dead bug. First time ever I actually put a chair up against the room door just in case....

Was considering doing 3 stays for my wife's account just close by in Austin so we wouldn't have to actually stay in the room but am a bit skeptical on getting stay credit.

Bigshaker

Ispolkom Aug 20, 2009 12:26 pm

We did a 3-day minor league baseball trip staying at Wyndham Rewards motels to get 10k points for my wife's account. One stay posted in a few days, the other in 2 weeks, and the 3rd only after almost 4 weeks. Each posted to her airline account on a Wednesday.

My two stays each posted to my account in less than 2 weeks.

I haven't had the bad experiences many have mentioned, perhaps because my standards are so low to begin with. There, now I've really jinxed myself for the up-coming final stay at a Days Inn in Wisconsin.

I have noticed that Microtel rooms are *really* small, and was amused that the back of the desk chair at the Wyndham Hotel I stayed in seemed to have been stabbed 4 times. No blood stains, though.

yyliu88 Sep 4, 2009 8:19 am

Do I have to complete my stay before Sep 10th or Oct 10th?

(iii) book a reservation for, and complete a total of three (3) stays at three (3) different hotel brands participating in the Wyndham Rewards program at a qualifying rate between May 14, 2009 and September 10, 2009, and (iv) complete his/her hotel stay by October 10, 2009. Members who check-out after October 10, 2009 will not receive the 10,000 bonus miles

Does this mean I have to complete my reservation by Sep 10th and Stay by Oct 10th?

Thanks

236Dakota Sep 4, 2009 8:32 am

Originally Posted by yyliu88 (Post 12331368)
Do I have to complete my stay before Sep 10th or Oct 10th?

(iii) book a reservation for, and complete a total of three (3) stays at three (3) different hotel brands participating in the Wyndham Rewards program at a qualifying rate between May 14, 2009 and September 10, 2009, and (iv) complete his/her hotel stay by October 10, 2009. Members who check-out after October 10, 2009 will not receive the 10,000 bonus miles

Does this mean I have to complete my reservation by Sep 10th and Stay by Oct 10th?

Thanks

I would interpret the the T&Cs as meaning you need to check-in by September 10th and check-out by October 10th.

NYSpeedRacer Sep 5, 2009 9:27 pm

I managed to get a response from the CSR about the promotion....

-------

Hello RJ,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards(r).

Please accept my apology for the delayed reply to your email. We have
been experiencing higher than expected email volume.

I received your e-mail regarding the "Triple Play Promotion".

In order to qualify for this promotion a member must register for the
promotion and be earning airline miles. You were registered for this
promotion on 07/17/2009. Members will need to check in between 5/14/09
and 9/10/09 and complete their stay by 10/10/09.

Members who have elected to earn airline miles or rail points with our
domestic airlines and rail partner, Aero Plan, American, Continental,
United, US Airways, Spirit, Delta, Midwest, Northwest, Sun Country and
Amtrak, must complete three qualifying stays at three different brands
between 5/14/09 and 9/10/09 to receive 10,000 airline miles or rail
points.

There is no limit to this promotion, for every three stays at three
different bands the member will receive 10,000 miles.

*The bonus for Sun Country will be 100 UFLY Points.

**Please note also, the bonus miles with this promotion are not added to
a member's airline miles account until the completion of the promotion.
These miles will be added as miles with the Earning Partner on the
member's account at the time the bonus miles are added to the member's
account.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at
1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our
Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Theresa
Wyndham Rewards
PO Box 4888
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4888
PHONE: 1-866-WYN-RWDS (1-866-996-7937)
FAX: 1-800-306-0671
# 75531

---------

Evan! Sep 6, 2009 10:33 am

Hope I am jumping the gun but I am now looking at a potential future fight. Previously at the following two URLs...

http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/usairways/

and

http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/usairw...ode=Summer09UN

... the following was part of the copy and unique to the US Airways promotional material from Wyndham.
Plus, earn 50% more Dividend Miles* with US Airways Summer Blockbuster with every stay through July 31, 2009. That means you could earn over 15,000 miles.
You have to register for both promotions to get the Triple Stay bonus plus the 50% more miles from US Airways.
It is now gone... yet the promotion is still ongoing as it expires on Sept 10. I fear the following scenario: When the 10K miles finally post to my US account I will not see the 50% summer blockbuster bonus. I will wait an appropriate time for the bonus to post. After nothing posts I will contact US. US will tell me the bonus only applies to the posting through July 31 or something to that affect. I will contact Wyndham and they will say "contact US".

I hope I am wrong.