Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham/ caesars status match diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham/ caesars status match diamond

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by RedElmo
dang. Bet Hyatt and mlife is next.
I would like to see them require earned status. As a hyatt globalist I feel I get screwed. The top status I can get with MGM is gold but MGM can globalist
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:42 am

How is that possible ?!

Originally Posted by easy_money
I see several other reports of users losing Diamond. Even ones who earned it and/or have the CC which gives them Platinum at least, but are now all Gold. So it may be a system glitch.
how is this possible , i opened the business card Wyndham and I have been waiting for over a month for status match. Has anyone else here experienced a downgrade even though we have the proper CC to match ??
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I wonder how this effects Diamond status through Founders Club?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
I wonder how this effects Diamond status through Founders Club?
my wife got FC earlier this year... submitted to CET for Diamond match in early Feb and that was approved mid-feb.. as of today she is still Diamond and we have a couple trips booked.
cruisr likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Got the downgrade message today

As a longtime diamond who did the status match for the first time this year, I think it's quite crappy of them to suddenly implement the 'earned' status mandate with Wyndham AFTER granting the status. Next year, sure. But this ensures I will now give all of my business to MGM if CET is going to be this petty.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Air Canada 35K, Hilton HHonors Diamond; Marriot Gold; Hertz Presidents Circle
At least they told me…

WE APOLOGIZE

Dear Paul,

It looks like we tier matched your status through our partnership with Wyndham Rewards. However, we will be downgrading your account because you must have an earned Tier Status with your loyalty program to be successfully matched.

The good news is that there are many ways to reach a higher Tier Status with Caesars Rewards®. Earn Tier Credits when you shop, stay, play, dine and more!

the good news is harrahs laughlin had a 10x tier multiplier event and it only took 2500 tier points to make diamond plus. So once those bonus points kick in it will bring me back to Diamond. And at least I got to use Diamond benefits throughout this weekend at Laughlin. So in essence glad I at least was granted to “mistake” status for a few weeks.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Paupaaa

WE APOLOGIZE

Dear Paul,

It looks like we tier matched your status through our partnership with Wyndham Rewards. However, we will be downgrading your account because you must have an earned Tier Status with your loyalty program to be successfully matched.

The good news is that there are many ways to reach a higher Tier Status with Caesars Rewards®. Earn Tier Credits when you shop, stay, play, dine and more!

the good news is harrahs laughlin had a 10x tier multiplier event and it only took 2500 tier points to make diamond plus. So once those bonus points kick in it will bring me back to Diamond. And at least I got to use Diamond benefits throughout this weekend at Laughlin. So in essence glad I at least was granted to “mistake” status for a few weeks.
did you have status at Wyndham ? Or a Wyndham credit card by chance ??
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, IHG Plat Amb, MC Gold, HH Gold, MLife Platinum, Caesars Diamond
Also got the “We upgraded you by mistake” email today

I am a LV local so after 3 attempts to match over the website, I went to CP to match. No problem, they upgraded it onsite and gave me my new cards. Then I received the downgrade email today. I’m earned Platinum status at MGM, so might try to match this way but it still sucks, considering to qualify for Platinum at MGM it used to be $8,000 hotel/dining spend per year, now with the new MGM Rewards it’s $50,000 hotel/dining spend for basically what amounts to a $200 dining credit once a year. No, thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:29 am

Fun. Boycotting Caesar's now.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:08 pm

We were booked to stay at Caesars next month, but i just cancelled and we're staying at Cosmo now... will most likely cancel my WR acct and Credit Card (that i wasnt using anyway lol)
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
A couple of days after Caesars diamond status expired after January 31, 2022, I submitted a status match using my Wyndham diamond status. I can't remember how long exactly it took but I think it took over a week for the status match to Caesars diamond happened. I just checked my status and I'm still diamond. I even got a congratulations email in mid to late February that explained the benefits of diamond status, including the $100 celebration dinner. Whether it's still available when I'm ready to use it, who knows.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gurukid6729
how is this possible , i opened the business card Wyndham and I have been waiting for over a month for status match. Has anyone else here experienced a downgrade even though we have the proper CC to match ??
The CAESARS credit card gives you platinum status @ CET

The Wyndham business card gives you Diamond status @ Wyndham

You can match, I'm guessing CET's priority right now is downgrades
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by FLDave
I am a LV local so after 3 attempts to match over the website, I went to CP to match. No problem, they upgraded it onsite and gave me my new cards.
Coming back to this, in case anyone else thinks to try this, I attempted this yesterday to regain Diamond and was told they don't handle anything related to Wyndham matches at the desk anymore. On the plus side, the booking I made for the couple short weeks I was Diamond was still resort-fee-free.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by djibouti
Fun. Boycotting Caesar's now.
Same. No reason for me to stay at Caesar’s.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jamar
Coming back to this, in case anyone else thinks to try this, I attempted this yesterday to regain Diamond and was told they don't handle anything related to Wyndham matches at the desk anymore. On the plus side, the booking I made for the couple short weeks I was Diamond was still resort-fee-free.
how did you obtain Wyndham status ? Through a Wyndham credit card ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.