Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexB
Yes, the new number appears on the statement, as well as on-line when you log on to the wyndhambusinesscard.com account management site.

Thanks, Barclay got my WR numbers correct.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:45 pm

No, mine just has my name and the business name.
Mine's the same. I actually prefer not having the Wyndham # on the card for security.

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Thanks, Barclay got my WR numbers correct.
Glad they got it right. Once my early issues got resolved, I haven't had any complaints.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Have the 5x problems with utilities been resolved?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Have the 5x problems with utilities been resolved?
No. It has been almost 60 days, and they keep telling me they're still looking into it. Meanwhile my card remains frozen until they get around to reading the tax return I mailed them. I'll post here if and when this gets resolved.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
No. It has been almost 60 days, and they keep telling me they're still looking into it. Meanwhile my card remains frozen until they get around to reading the tax return I mailed them. I'll post here if and when this gets resolved.
Thanks What a bunch of clowns.
AlexB likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Did you spend the $1000 to get the bonus points before they froze the card ? I applied as a SP but I'm still spending the $1000 ASAP in case I run into any issues as this was my first ever Barclay Business card.

I haven't had a statement cut yet but my gas purchases at Costco and my local grocery store posted as Costco Gas and Hyvee - Gas so I'm hoping I get 8 x points.

My cell and internet/cable are all through spectrum so I'm hoping those are also 5 X.

01/07/2021 HY-VEE GAS $28.53

01/08/2021 COSTCO GAS $16.53

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 15, 2021 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:45 pm

Did you spend the $1000 to get the bonus points before they froze the card ? I applied as a SP but I'm still spending the $1000 ASAP in case I run into any issues as this was my forst Barclay Business card.

I haven't had a statement cut yet but my gas purchases at Costco and my local grocery store posted as Costco Gas and Hyvee - Gas so I'm hoping I get 8 x points.
Yes, the signup bonus posted. And yes, Costco Gas did get the 8x points.
synergistic and I3CuBeD like this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:08 am

Business Earner -Penalty Fees: Electronic Payment $15 ???

I want to get the Business Earner card . The terms say $15 penalty fee for electronic payment. ??? Would setting up an automatic monthly draft from a banking account trigger the PENALTY FEE. Seems kind of stupid if this is the case.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by anc305
The terms say $15 penalty fee for electronic payment. ??? Would setting up an automatic monthly draft from a banking account trigger the PENALTY FEE.
No, there is no such fee. I have made multiple payments on-line, and no fee has been charged.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by anc305
I want to get the Business Earner card . The terms say $15 penalty fee for electronic payment. ??? Would setting up an automatic monthly draft from a banking account trigger the PENALTY FEE. Seems kind of stupid if this is the case.
You piqued my curiosity, so I went back to the application page and clicked on the Terms and Conditions. I too have made multiple electronic payments from my bank account and have never been charged a fee, but I can see your reason for confusion. I assume the $15 fee for ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS is referring to times where an electronic payment is attempted, but there are insufficient funds in the bank account to cover and the payment bounces.

Depending on who you bank with, the history of your relationship, and the amount of the overdraft, they may allow a small overdraft to go through, in which case, the payment wouldn't bounce. However, it's also possible that one could be assessed a fee from both your bank and Barclays.
I wouldn't let this stop you from applying for the card.

flyer4512 likes this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Jan 17, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the signup bonus posted. And yes, Costco Gas did get the 8x points.

My first statement posted today, I spent $1134 and 1562 ( plus 45k) points were sent to Wyndham

Obviously some charges received bonus points but I don't see what was 5X or 8X listed on my statement, am I missing it or is that info listed someplace else.

Doing some math it looks like all my gas posted at 8x but Spectrum Cell ( separate bill) Internet cable and phone did not post at 5x so I guess those are not considered a utility.

I charged my electric bill today which was after my statement closed so I won't know until next month if that charge received 5X points.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 22, 2021 at 4:03 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:44 pm

Obviously some charges received bonus points but I don't see what was 5X or 8X listed on my statement, am I missing it or is that info listed someplace else.

Doing some math it looks like all my gas posted at 8x but Spectrum Cell ( separate bill) Internet cable and phone did not post at 5x so I guess it's not considered a utility.
No, the statement does not break out the 5x and 8x charges. It really should, but alas.

Don't assume your Spectrum didn't qualify as a utility. You may have the same problem I'm having, that no utilities are receiving the 5x. I spoke with Barclays yesterday...they still haven't resolved the problem, but the rep acknowledged that others have reported the same issue of not receiving the 5x on utilities.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

No, the statement does not break out the 5x and 8x charges. It really should, but alas.

Don't assume your Spectrum didn't qualify as a utility. You may have the same problem I'm having, that no utilities are receiving the 5x. I spoke with Barclays yesterday...they still haven't resolved the problem, but the rep acknowledged that others have reported the same issue of not receiving the 5x on utilities.
The Spectrum mobile bill is on autopay using the Business Earner so if it starts paying 5X I'll see it, as of now I'm only using this card for gas and will add any utilities that give 5X.

If my electric bill posts as 5x I'll put that on autopay also.

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:44 pm

I found the easiest thing to do was to look at my Wyndham Account after the points post. Under Recent Activity, at least in the mobile app, it'll show the points awarded from bonus spend categories as BARCLAYS ACCELERATED EARNING and the points awarded from regular spend as BARCLAYS EARNING. Last month, I had 386 points show up as BARCLAYS ACCELERATED EARNING. 386/8=$48.25 When I looked at my last credit card statement, my gas purchases totaled $48.25, so it was easy, but a little annoying to see what spend was non-bonus.

AlexB is right, Barclays could do a better job at showing the breakdown.

I already said that my cell phone posted as 1X, and not 5X for utilities, but I'll keep charging it to the card to take advantage of the cell phone insurance, up to $600 per year. Is anyone else planning to put their cell bill on the card to qualify for the free insurance? I know there are other cards that also offer protection and have higher multipliers.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I found the easiest thing to do was to look at my Wyndham Account after the points post. Under Recent Activity, at least in the mobile app, it'll show the points awarded from bonus spend categories as BARCLAYS ACCELERATED EARNING and the points awarded from regular spend as BARCLAYS EARNING. Last month, I had 386 points show up as BARCLAYS ACCELERATED EARNING. 386/8=$48.25 When I looked at my last credit card statement, my gas purchases totaled $48.25, so it was easy, but a little annoying to see what spend was non-bonus.

AlexB is right, Barclays could do a better job at showing the breakdown.

I already said that my cell phone posted as 1X, and not 5X for utilities, but I'll keep charging it to the card to take advantage of the cell phone insurance, up to $600 per year. Is anyone else planning to put their cell bill on the card to qualify for the free insurance? I know there are other cards that also offer protection and have higher multipliers.

My cell phone bill is only $42 a month for 3 lines and 3GB..........each extra GB is $14

I have my Cell bill on autopay using the Earner card but this is the first I heard of the cell phone insurance. At $600 per incident unless we damaged or had all 3 pones stolen at once it sees like the card covers them all.

I can't find any real info on the cell phone insurance, do you have a link ? Thanks

Cell Phone Protection

The Earner Business card offers free cell phone insurance with a $50 deductible when you pay your cell phone bill with your the card.

The cell phone insurance covers both theft and damage up to $600 per incident.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 22, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.