Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Wyndham Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by AlexB
Have had a comedy of errors with Barclay on the Earner Business card:

1. They created a new Wyndham Rewards account instead of using my existing account.

2. They only awarded 1x points for utility charges, not 5x as advertised. After numerous calls over the course of a month, the back points have still not been awarded.

3. I returned two calls over the past few days - 30 minutes hold time each - only to hear that my card has been suspended after two months of usage because they initially forgot to verify the existence of my LLC, and the only way to unlock the card is to fax (!) or mail a tax return to them. When I asked for the mailing address, it took the agent several minutes just to look up the address.

Amazingly unprofessional, to say the least.
When I applied for the card, and was later approved, they also gave me a new Wyndham account, instead of using the old one. It was annoying, but when I called customer service she was able to see the duplication and merge the accounts so my old account was canceled and all points were transferred. However, I did have a pending transfer from Caesars to the old account that Caesars was unable to reverse.

I emailed Wyndham, explained the situation, and they credited the points manually within 5-7 days

What utility charges have you been putting on the card? I thought about putting electric on the card, but the utility company charges a fee for credit cards that outweighs the value of the points. I thought cell phone charges would count, especially since the card offers cell phone insurance, but I was only awarded 1X

All of my charges for GAS STATIONS have posted at the correct 8X

I have an LLC, but accidentally applied for the card as a sole prop using my SSN. I was prepared to wait until I was denied and then call them. However, they approved me anyway, so I let it go. Given your experience, I am glad I haven't had any LLC/suspension issues. Hopefully, they will resolve things in a timely manner.

The one thing that annoys me is Wyndham's android app doesn't support business cards and only offers a website www.wyndhambusinesscard to manage my account and make payments and the card is also not eligible to be added to Google Pay/Android Wallet, so I always need to physically have the card. Still, the benefits outweigh the headaches. Good Luck.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
What utility charges have you been putting on the card?
I put the local electric utility on the card. On the old Wyndham Rewards (personal) Visa, those got 3x, successfully, but the very same charges on the Earner Business only get 1x, so something is wrong in Barclays' software.

Latest update: Got a form response to the message sent on their account management web site saying this can only be resolved via phone. I'll stay on this; it's worth the hassle given the number of utility charges I can send their way. Hopefully it will eventually be fixed so you can use it, too!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Have had a comedy of errors with Barclay on the Earner Business card:

1. They created a new Wyndham Rewards account instead of using my existing account.

2. They only awarded 1x points for utility charges, not 5x as advertised. After numerous calls over the course of a month, the back points have still not been awarded.

3. I returned two calls over the past few days - 30 minutes hold time each - only to hear that my card has been suspended after two months of usage because they initially forgot to verify the existence of my LLC, and the only way to unlock the card is to fax (!) or mail a tax return to them. When I asked for the mailing address, it took the agent several minutes just to look up the address.

Amazingly unprofessional, to say the least.

If you haven't merged the points from your new Wyndham account to your old Wyndham account don't.

This happened to me years ago and more recently my wife, merge the points to the NEW account Wyndham created and ALL of your points should have a 4 year expiration date.

For my wife's new EARNER card they also created a new Wyndham account and I know I put her Wyndham number on the application.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:37 pm

The 8% back on gas is pretty attractive to me, I'm a medical courier and drive about 75k miles a year. I've never applied for a business card but I think maybe it's time to give it a go...
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

When I applied for the card, and was later approved, they also gave me a new Wyndham account, instead of using the old one. It was annoying, but when I called customer service she was able to see the duplication and merge the accounts so my old account was canceled and all points were transferred. However, I did have a pending transfer from Caesars to the old account that Caesars was unable to reverse.

I emailed Wyndham, explained the situation, and they credited the points manually within 5-7 days

What utility charges have you been putting on the card? I thought about putting electric on the card, but the utility company charges a fee for credit cards that outweighs the value of the points. I thought cell phone charges would count, especially since the card offers cell phone insurance, but I was only awarded 1X

All of my charges for GAS STATIONS have posted at the correct 8X

I have an LLC, but accidentally applied for the card as a sole prop using my SSN. I was prepared to wait until I was denied and then call them. However, they approved me anyway, so I let it go. Given your experience, I am glad I haven't had any LLC/suspension issues.
Did all of your points reset to 4 years when transferred to the new Wyndham account ?

I just applied with instant approval for the Business card as a Sole Proprietor.............wasn't sure if that would work , thanks
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by synergistic
The 8% back on gas is pretty attractive to me, I'm a medical courier and drive about 75k miles a year. I've never applied for a business card but I think maybe it's time to give it a go...

I just applied for the Earner Business with instant approval, zero Barclays cards open. I used a Sole Proprietorship, 2 years in business, 56K business income
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I just applied for the Earner Business with instant approval, zero Barclays cards open. I used a Sole Proprietorship, 2 years in business, 56K business income
Also Barclays` Business cards do not count for Chase 5/24 status if you are concerned about that.
flyer4512 likes this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Dec 29, 2020 at 9:28 am
Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:45 am

Did all of your points reset to 4 years when transferred to the new Wyndham account ?

I just applied with instant approval for the Business card as a Sole Proprietor.............wasn't sure if that would work , thanks
Hi. Congrats on getting approved. I only had 7300 points from the old account and those reset to 4 years from the date they were transferred, so I assume all points that are transferred from an old Wyndham account to a new one would reset. Still, it's irritating to know that creating duplicate accounts is common. I know I put my old Wyndham account # on the credit card app. Good Luck,
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Also Barclays` Business cards do not count for Chase 5/24 status if you are concerned about that.

Yes that is why I applied for this card now as I'm at 3/24 and Chase won't give a startup sole proprietor business cards anymore...........hopefully that changes at some point.

I transfer all ( 30k per year each) of our Wyndham points to Caesars, my wife has the old personal card that gives her 15K per year for a $75 ( I think) annual fee, this card gives15K for $95 so still a winner.

This business card also gives Diamond status which is no big deal now as Wyndham and CET have staggered status expiration dates but if Eldorado ( new owners of CET) decide to make both statuses expire 12/31/20xx this will allow us to keep CET Diamond.

We use CET points all over but have found that during normal times the best use is 1K points ( Plus regular Diamond status ) for CET Laurel Lounge entry.

I wonder if the 8x gas works at Costco. I plan on paying all of our utilities with the new card and see which ones give 8 x, my cell company is Spectrum , same as my cable so if one works I'm guessing the other will

Last edited by flyer4512; Dec 29, 2020 at 12:36 pm
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:57 pm

Yes that is why I applied for this card now as I'm at 3/24 and Chase won't give a startup sole proprietor business cards anymore...........hopefully that changes at some point.

I transfer all ( 30k per year each) of our Wyndham points to Caesars, my wife has the old personal card that gives her 15K per year for a $75 ( I think) annual fee, this card gives15K for $95 so still a winner.

This business card also gives Diamond status which is no big deal now as Wyndham and CET have staggered status expiration dates but if Eldorado ( new owners of CET) decide to make both statuses expire 12/31/20xx this will allow us to keep CET Diamond.

We use CET points all over but have found that during normal times the best use is 1K points ( Plus regular Diamond status ) for CET Laurel Lounge entry.

I wonder if the 8x gas works at Costco. I plan on paying all of our utilities with the new card and see which ones give 8 x, my cell company is Spectrum , same as my cable so if one works I'm guessing the other will
Thanks for the information. I know Chase has cracked down on Sole Props. When I applied for this card initially, I was surprised they approved a SOLE PROP. I actually went ahead and setup an LLC through www.incfile.com It was around $200, but I am hoping having an LLC may make it easier to get an approval from Chase, if and when I decide to apply.

It's cool that your wife has the $75 card for 15,000 points. I thought that was just a unicorn, and when I missed it, I never gave the previous Wyndham cards much thought, since the value wasn't there.

In contrast, the Business Earner card is clearly the best and justifies the annual fee to where I will plan to keep long term. In my opinion, the extra $20, compared to what your wife already has, is justified, but, she already has all the benefits through you and has no need to "upgrade."

When I charged AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, I just got 1x, but you have a better chance since, as you mentioned, Spectrum covers cable and cell.

I've heard good things about the Laurel Lounges and will probably use some points for those when I go back to Vegas. Hopefully, Eldorado will keep their partnership with Wyndham long-term and also maintain benefits. I have read some speculation that Eldorado may look to increasing revenue and canceling status matching/perks with some of their partners. Still, I think Wyndham may give them some benefit as well.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I know Chase has cracked down on Sole Props. When I applied for this card initially, I was surprised they approved a SOLE PROP. I actually went ahead and setup an LLC through www.incfile.com It was around $200, but I am hoping having an LLC may make it easier to get an approval from Chase, if and when I decide to apply.

It's cool that your wife has the $75 card for 15,000 points. I thought that was just a unicorn, and when I missed it, I never gave the previous Wyndham cards much thought, since the value wasn't there.

In contrast, the Business Earner card is clearly the best and justifies the annual fee to where I will plan to keep long term. In my opinion, the extra $20, compared to what your wife already has, is justified, but, she already has all the benefits through you and has no need to "upgrade."

When I charged AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, I just got 1x, but you have a better chance since, as you mentioned, Spectrum covers cable and cell.

I've heard good things about the Laurel Lounges and will probably use some points for those when I go back to Vegas. Hopefully, Eldorado will keep their partnership with Wyndham long-term and also maintain benefits. I have read some speculation that Eldorado may look to increasing revenue and canceling status matching/perks with some of their partners. Still, I think Wyndham may give them some benefit as well.
I'm not worried about the Wyndham and CET partnership, as you know Wyndham status expires 12/31/202x but CET expires 1/31/202x so come the first of the year one can match CET Diamond to Wyndham and then on 2/1/20xx match Wyndham Diamond back to CET so you keep Diamond...........should CET change and status expires 12/31/20xx that match would no longer be possible and the Wyndham Diamond status via the credit card would come into play

It's also possible to have the old 15K Wyndham card and the new earner 30K card as I got the new earner 30K for my wife a few months ago.

My wife and I are both diamond via the status match from IHG we did years ago, having 2 diamond statuses is nice, 4 show tickets per month, an extra $100 celebration dinner and another room ( normally comped) with no resort fees should we bring our kids or friends with us.

We were supposed to go to Vegas in March 2020, cancelled days before we were scheduled to leave, if we had not cancelled we would have been there when Vegas shut down.......we have rescheduled numerous times, our next Vegas trip is now booked for late June 2021 ...........do we go, who knows.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Does your ( or anyone reading this) Wyndham Earner Business card show your Wyndham Rewards number ?

My card just has my business name and my name, I figured I might get ahead of this and haven them merge my Wyndham accounts now if need be. Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:17 pm

Does your ( or anyone reading this) Wyndham Earner Business card show your Wyndham Rewards number ?
No, mine just has my name and the business name.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

No, mine just has my name and the business name.
How did you find out the new number Wyndham created for you, was it on your statement ? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:44 pm

How did you find out the new number Wyndham created for you, was it on your statement ? Thanks
Yes, the new number appears on the statement, as well as on-line when you log on to the wyndhambusinesscard.com account management site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.