Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

How Come Nobody Talks About Hawthorn Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Come Nobody Talks About Hawthorn Suites

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
165 nights this year between two Hawthorns near Hartford CT. Most stays in Meriden, but both (East Hartford is the other) were fine. Clean, quiet, relatively recent updates.

I can't vouch for breakfast at either, having never had it. Meriden could invest in repairing/replacing their coin-op laundry
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Cyberian
(East Hartford is the other)
Manchester! same difference, a slight bit farther east. You're still dealing with I-84...
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:54 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

For the record, I don't live in New England, so I cannot speak for y'all.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 9:57 pm

An interesting observation I've noticed recently: There seems to be a fair number of (now former) Hawthorn Suites switching to MainStay Suites over the past year or so. A couple of locations that I've seen in searching:
  • Omaha (Mill Road), NE
  • Denver Tech Center area, CO
  • Schaumburg, IL
  • Wheeling, IL
The Wyndham website states there's only 85 left currently. I haven't been monitoring super-closely, but all of them have minimal reviews on the MainStay side, suggesting that the change was within the past year or so. Seems a bit more common than I'd expect, even in COVID-19 times and the changes coming through that. Not sure if Wyndham's trying to enforce a brand standard that MainStay doesn't, change in fee structure, or something else entirely.
Will Stonehocker likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: BW, Choice, Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Interesting. I stayed in the Denver Tech Center Area one in Colorado a few years ago, and I think at that time it had recently been converted from a Candlewood Suites. I feel like some extended stay hotels just play musical chairs with the brands without anything really changing
Will Stonehocker likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM Charter Reserve 2MM, MAR PLAT, Choice DIA
most of them have left the system to join Mainstay or Sonesta, and as is true of 90% of all wyndham hotels, they are not good, it's throwing darts at a board when booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.