Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham to buy La Quinta

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I started moving some stays over to LQ last summer, and have been very pleased. My first stay was an emergency (IRROPS), the rest have been planned. I now include nicer LQs (e.g. those with 4.0+ on TripAdvisor, and which have decent exterior photos) in with HIX on my low end stays. LQ comped me their elite status which just means more points, but I figure I'll get one free night a year out of them.

I don't care about breakfast, but I do care about having a newer property with less mustiness for my allergies.

My favorite so far is one I just stayed at this weekend, Durham NC University 15/501. The elite status helped, as they gave me top floor next to the elevator, and I think the room might have been slightly upgraded. A comfortable recliner, a large desk, microwave, and a good mini-fridge that even had a thermometer digital display built into it.
Well my 20 night stay in December just became a 12 night stay in January. At that point, the LQ status is going to be gone, Wyndham status is useless, and i am probably better off just burning 60,000 Hyatt points and staying at one of their Cat 1 Hyatt Places. C'est la vie.

There is a LQ across the street from one of my recurring clients. But it's a pretty lousy one, and the client has warned me that I'm probably best off not to stay there.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Wyndham status isn't totally worthless; the top tier (Diamond) does have suite upgrades as a listed benefit (although suites at most Wyndham properties are nothing terribly special) and the top two come with a points bonus each year.

For me, Wyndham is better for points promotions and points redemption - having a program where each stay is a minimum 1,000 points, and 15,000 points is a free night anywhere, leads to some decent redemption properties in larger cities.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:07 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker

Well, the purchase went well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.