Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Go Free Penthouse Condo Stay Gulf Shores AL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham

I just completed a very nice go-free stay in a Wyndham Vacation property in Gulf Shores, Alabama. I wanted to post the receipt so that interested people can see exactly how Wyndham Rewards handles the charges on the condo properties it made available. I made these reservations in August. I started with the Diamond Concierge Line but was transferred to Wyndham Vacation Rental who made all the necessary reservations. The entire process was painless and fast and i never paid a cent. This 3 night stay in the Penthouse #4 (a one bedroom condo on the 16th top floor of the Doral Beach Club complex) cost me 45,000 points. Worth every point. When searching for somewhere to use those free nights try to remember Wyndham Vacation Properties - tons of great spots on the Gulf in awesome locations. Good luck and I hope all of you get an opportunity to take a few days off and relax someplace warm. Heres the paperwork I received when I stoped by the property management building to pick up my parking passes.

Receipt Example
italdesign likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:35 pm

Well done!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:02 am

I have a relative with a condo at the Beach Club and that's an awesome value to snag on points!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: WR
i know this is a year old, but does that mean you paid $0 out of pocket, and only 45k points for 3 nights?

thx
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:16 am

I've had similar experiences with the vacation properties. Sometimes hard to find availability but very nice when it happens.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham
Sorry for the late reply but the answer is yes. Wyndham has tons of vacation condos all over the place and those are the same as hotel nights. Just go t one of the wyndham vacation sites and do a search in a location you want to go to. The trick is to set your filter for one bedroom condos that way it counts as only one room hotel stays ex. 15,000. I put the bill in the original post so our flyertalk friends could see the value in such a stay. I think it works out to like .015 per point. That particular property was very nice because it was located in a resort however I have found tons of others located in beachfront condos perfect for quick getaways.

Best

Kevin

Last edited by Emskevin; Dec 13, 2019 at 12:52 pm Reason: I'm not sure after the devaluation if condos are still 15000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.