Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
I like fluffyCat's DP format so here's mine.

15,000 pts (7,500 x2) for MP promotion posted on 9/18

9/1 Stay #1
- Non-Refundable rate paid with MP on desktop
- At check-in I paid with the same credit card used with MP
- 100 pts for Advanced Purchase Bonus
- 1,000 pts for stay
- 7,500 MP posted 9/18

9/3 Stay #2
- Non-Refundable rate paid with MP on desktop
- At check-in I paid with the same credit card used with MP
- 100 pts for Advanced Purchase Bonus
- 1,000 pts for stay
--A week after my stay, my 1,100 points hadn't posted so I messaged Wyndham and they posted them the following day.
- 7,500 MP posted 9/18

*Couple other notes
I paid with my Ink Plus which is registered for Visa SavingsEdge so I got 5% refunded to my Ink on both stays.
I also clicked thru the Mr. Rebates portal, but no cash back is pending. My clicks tracked, but not sure if the using MasterPass and/or VSE means my stay didn't qualify for cb. Not sure I should pursue it further.

I think including the price you paid for the stays would help other people make a better decisions, if you don't mind...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I think including the price you paid for the stays would help other people make a better decisions, if you don't mind...
My total for the 2 stays was around $85, after the VSE discount.

Not sure why that matters because everybody has their own threshold of what's acceptable. I could have gotten it a little cheaper, but these were mattress runs and I didn't want to spend much time/gas going too far from my house to check in.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
My total for the 2 stays was around $85, after the VSE discount.

Not sure why that matters because everybody has their own threshold of what's acceptable. I could have gotten it a little cheaper, but these were mattress runs and I didn't want to spend much time/gas going too far from my house to check in.

$85 for 2 stays is good!
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:42 pm

I'd had two stays for ~$140 figured out, and thought that was pretty good considering I needed both the stays and would have spent ~$125 for similar Choice properties (with only 8k Choice points, or ~$60 rebated)

Whoever it was that was considering a mattress run in Hawaii, unless you're going to make a local vacation of it or your family is coming in at an incredibly expensive time, I wouldn't even consider it! That's the curse of points chasers, sometimes we see a promotion and take advantage of it even when it doesn't result in any actual added value. Don't fall into the trap!
jackal and lincoln boy like this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by synergistic

Whoever it was that was considering a mattress run in Hawaii, unless you're going to make a local vacation of it or your family is coming in at an incredibly expensive time, I wouldn't even consider it! That's the curse of points chasers, sometimes we see a promotion and take advantage of it even when it doesn't result in any actual added value. Don't fall into the trap!
If a person is gonna need a hotel anyways and if its either cheaper,same price or very slightly more money, why not do 2 Wyndhams and get 15K back which is a free night.

I think the cheapest is the Ramada in Honolulu, I know it was $125+ the night I was thinking of staying in HNL on my way to another Island and the $125 was by far the cheapest rate from all the hotels
GrjApp likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
So, there is in fact a batch process that ran on 9/8. All, or most, of the recent DPs concur.
seems it applys to 9/18 as well, as thats when mine hit my acct and several others posted it hit their accts as well.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by craz
If a person is gonna need a hotel anyways and if its either cheaper,same price or very slightly more money, why not do 2 Wyndhams and get 15K back which is a free night.

I think the cheapest is the Ramada in Honolulu, I know it was $125+ the night I was thinking of staying in HNL on my way to another Island and the $125 was by far the cheapest rate from all the hotels
I agree, except that the way they described it was that they need a hotel for family outside the promotion period, and that it wouldn't save them any money:

"Properties available to me are only the Ramada Plaza Waikiki and Days Inn Maui, do not plan to travel out of state before next year.

Problem is, after all this, I basically get 2 nights free after paying for 2 nights. The cash price of the two nights the 30,000 would go toward is basically the same as what I would spend, I'm also out the 3000 points I started with. Am I just wasting my time? Have Marriott and Hilton Amex offers as alternatives..."

...and in that particular case, I just don't think I'd do it unless the time frame they had in mind was significantly more expensive than it will be these next several weeks.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Stayed 9-17 when I first booked I had a 1k message for booking but I don't see it.

I have the 10K for staying 1 night
go get em 456pts
and for staying 544 which totals 1k

Is that how it's figured out?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Stayed 9-17 when I first booked I had a 1k message for booking but I don't see it.

I have the 10K for staying 1 night
go get em 456pts
and for staying 544 which totals 1k

Is that how it's figured out?
If you booked under the rate that is supposed to include an extra 1k points, then no, something went wrong. That additional 1k should have posted with the stay. Do you still have the confirmation that shows you booked at the +1k rate? If so, you should have had 12k points added, with the other 7.5k due to post whenever the next batch runs. I'd give them a call - unfortunately I don't know if this was an error at the property or with WR - I'd probably start with WR. If your confirmation doesn't show the +1k rate, you're probably out of luck =/
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:40 pm

If you booked under the rate that is supposed to include an extra 1k points, then no, something went wrong. That additional 1k should have posted with the stay. Do you still have the confirmation that shows you booked at the +1k rate? If so, you should have had 12k points added, with the other 7.5k due to post whenever the next batch runs. I'd give them a call - unfortunately I don't know if this was an error at the property or with WR - I'd probably start with WR. If your confirmation doesn't show the +1k rate, you're probably out of luck =/
Yes , I have the confirmation for booking then at the bottom this
You have earned 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Points on this stay

I will contact WR. thanks
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Yes , I have the confirmation for booking then at the bottom this
You have earned 1,000 Wyndham Rewards Points on this stay

I will contact WR. thanks
I don't think you booked the promotional rate that includes an extra 1,000 points, then. In my experience, it will say 1,000 there if you have a 'normal' rate that will be 'rounded up' to 1,000 points - that is to say, if your stay was less than $100. If you had booked the +1k rate, it would have said 1,544 there, though you would have earned 2,000 total.

Regardless, 18.5k for ~$65 or so all in is pretty darned good!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:28 pm

I don't think you booked the promotional rate that includes an extra 1,000 points, then. In my experience, it will say 1,000 there if you have a 'normal' rate that will be 'rounded up' to 1,000 points - that is to say, if your stay was less than $100. If you had booked the +1k rate, it would have said 1,544 there, though you would have earned 2,000 total.

Not sure where to see the 1k promotional rate but this is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards Gold.

Go get 'em awards are our way of simplifying how to earn Wyndham Rewards points. For every qualified stay, you will now earn a minimum of 1,000 points.

You'll get 10 points for every dollar you spend or 1,000 points on every qualified stay, whichever is more.

A stay is defined as any number of consecutive nights at one of our participating hotel's regardless of check-ins or check-outs.

I reviewed your account and have found that you earned 544 points based on your room rate. The go get 'em points will top you up to 1,000 points in total so 456 extra points were added.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:38 am

My MasterPass bonus finally posted after over three weeks...

9/18/17 Adjustment Masterpass Promotion Bonus Adj 7,500
8/26/17 Hotel Stay JAKARTA 257
8/26/17 go get 'em! award 743
8/26/17 Promotion Stay 1 Night, Get 3,000 Points 3,000
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:47 pm

Followed up with WR and forwarded my email confirmation page and according to them I only booked the 15% + 100 pts bonus so that was adjusted and added but not the 1k everyone else booked.
For $60 with tax I am getting around 18k pts which I have already used 15k for a stay in Ramada Plaza Waikiki in January saving me around $150 , not bad.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:28 pm

I can confirm this works ...

Booked the $10 off rate at Travelodge in LV through WR iOS app using MP for the night of 9/12 and the 7500 MP pts posted on 9/18.

Still waiting for the 7500 pts for a second stay in Flagstaff, also a $10 off rate paid for with MP.

Originally Posted by Frugal Doctors
I've seen a few people ask this, but no DPs as of yet...

Has anyone successfully stacked the $10 off app discount and the Masterpass promo? The terms make it sound like it will work, but I don't want to lose a free night over ten bucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.