Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
No, you can book with masterpass on the site;you don't need the app. I believe wyndham makes a distinction between wyndhamrewards.com and wyndhamhotels.com, and you need to book using the latter. If you just make a regular booking and show up at the hotel with you cc it will not work - when I used masterpass, my info was already in the system when I checked in and I didn't need to present my cc.
when I try to book on wyndhamhotels.com, it shows a list of hotels including tryps and when I click tryp it goes to tryp website and you have to fill in dates and location again. Then in the option there is no masterpass. In the app, it cannot show any results; either buggy or app doesn't show tryp hotels...any help on this?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:16 am

Just made a booking on the desktop site via the promotion's page. Was finally able to use Masterpass and used my Citi HH Visa (my only Citi card). This is for a non-prepaid property in Asia... we'll see. The promotion I did last summer with Visa Checkout never worked, and points never posted.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
i cannot figure out how to use masterpass on the website.

i click masterpass button, it goes to masterpass i sign in but after that it brings me back to wyndham website

?????????????????
This was my first time using MasterPass and this was my experience as well. Once at the hotel they asked for a credit card. I presented the same one on my MasterPass account. I used the phone app to book the room and took screen prints in case I didn't the bonus points.

I just logged in to my Wyndham account and 7500 points have posted for my first stay! Hopefully the next 7500 will post for a stay this past weekend.

8/17/17 Adjustment Masterpass Promotion Bonus Adj 7,500
8/13/17 go get 'em! award 469
8/13/17 Hotel Stay [+] 531
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by iris30
This was my first time using MasterPass and this was my experience as well. Once at the hotel they asked for a credit card. I presented the same one on my MasterPass account. I used the phone app to book the room and took screen prints in case I didn't the bonus points.

I just logged in to my Wyndham account and 7500 points have posted for my first stay! Hopefully the next 7500 will post for a stay this past weekend.

8/17/17 Adjustment Masterpass Promotion Bonus Adj 7,500
8/13/17 go get 'em! award 469
8/13/17 Hotel Stay [+] 531

Thanks for DP. It is good to know that the points posted as promised. All I need is to find a cheap motel nearby.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
While I activated and used the 10K offer, I also paid with Masterpass. However, I don't see the Masterpass points yet. Will they post later? Anyone else experience this?

8/11/17 Stay 1 Night, Get 10,000 Points 10,000
8/11/17 go get 'em! award 480
8/11/17 <filthy hotel name> 520
Just checked and the 7,500 Masterpass points posted on 8/17.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:01 pm

Just checked and the 7,500 Masterpass points posted on 8/17.

Wonderful! Thank you for providing DP!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I get to the masterpass checkout screen in the Wyndhamhotels.com website.

However, after I click the "continue back to Wyndham" button in dialog box, I get an hourglass for a moment, and then get simply get the same dialog again, in an endless loop.

This problem is occurring in both Firefox and Edge under windows 10. Any help much obliged!

(And I still am curious whether anyone got 5x for their Wyndham card using masterpass.)
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
I get to the masterpass checkout screen in the Wyndhamhotels.com website.

However, after I click the "continue back to Wyndham" button in dialog box, I get an hourglass for a moment, and then get simply get the same dialog again, in an endless loop.

This problem is occurring in both Firefox and Edge under windows 10. Any help much obliged!

(And I still am curious whether anyone got 5x for their Wyndham card using masterpass.)
I used Chrome under Win7 again last night to do the mattress run for my wife. No issues. Went to regular Wyndham Hotels site (*not* Wyndham rewards). Filled out booking details. Asked me to logon to my Wydham Rewards account if I had one. Did so, then was able to choose Masterpass for payment.

I recall the "continue to Wyndham" box, but never had any issues checking out and completing the booking. Wish I'd screen shotted everything.

The only thing left for me to do would be to book a 7,500 MasterPass for me or my wife. But wife should be getting around 18,500 for the ~$65 booking. And so I don't think a second Masterpass bonus of 7,500 for a ~$65 all-in-with-taxes booking would make financial sense; unless it gets us up to another 15K threshold.

Good luck, and sorry people are having trouble.

Hope things post for my wife. They seemed confused about credit card payment at check-in. Someone new was at the desk, and they seemed to think they might be charging me twice with the credit card. An assistant mgr was there.

All they and we saw was a $1 hold on the Masterpass-linked card she used until they swiped and/or entered the info. Then when we checked wife's Amex online account, we then saw the pending transaction of ~$65. The Masterpass really puts the value sky high. Because we should be getting the 10K promo, the 7,500 Masterpass promo, then 1K for the stay itself, bringing the ultimate take to 18,500 WR points for $65--a great deal.

If I see a *really* cheap rate, I may do the 7,500 masterpass if for nothing else to screen shot and share here.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:41 am
cnn

Can anyone tell me when the base points would post? 1 or 2 or more days after your stay? I checked out on Mon 28 and still don't see any change on my reward account. Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:09 pm

I recall the "continue to Wyndham" box, but never had any issues checking out and completing the booking. Wish I'd screen shotted everything.

The only thing left for me to do would be to book a 7,500 MasterPass... If I see a *really* cheap rate, I may do the 7,500 masterpass if for nothing else to screen shot and share here.
Well, happened to be near a crap Wyndham with a rate of $60 including taxes + 2K bonus points. If I'm read things correctly, I may earn around 10,000 total for this one:

7,500 masterpass
2,000 rate bonus (I paid around $5 extra for this)
500 what the stay should earn in and of itself
====

Sorry, have to eat my words. Couldn't screenshot (at least I didn't know how) on my Android phone, and so couldn't document it.

Wife's points haven't posted yet. Don't know when mine will. Wondering if posting is on a fixed monthly or a rotating schedule.

All I know is that Wyndham Rewards has been good to my wife when we messed up. Her points once expired--no activity after 18 months. I thought I had donated 500 points to a charity to keep the points alive; as I'd done to keep my own points alive. They re-instated her points just for mentioning it and asking. Don't know whose fault it was ultimately, but they happily seemed to fix the issue.

Another gross property. Ah, the things we do for points. :-)
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Another gross property. Ah, the things we do for points. :-)
Indeed! I earn points for reward stays at the Ramada West Hollywood, which is in dire need of being torn down and rebuilt, but i'll be damned if I pay $200+/night to stay here. It's the location!!!

Doing two mattress runs at an airport Ramada next week and the week after. This properties charm? The corridors are out in the open, and the keycards will fail when the humidity level gets to a certain %. Maintenance has to open the doors for you.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
So I made a non-refundable "Plan and Save" booking at a Days Inn using MasterPass connected to my Citi AA MC card. The card/account wasn't charged in advance and when I got to the property and checked out, they said the card on file was "declined" -- I'm assuming it was a virtual number since the last 4 didn't match my card's last 4. Ended up having to pay with the Citi AA MC card it was connected to.

Any ideas if this will work? Or would I have to chase down Wyndham for this to post if it doesn't.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
So I made a non-refundable "Plan and Save" booking at a Days Inn using MasterPass connected to my Citi AA MC card. The card/account wasn't charged in advance and when I got to the property and checked out, they said the card on file was "declined" -- I'm assuming it was a virtual number since the last 4 didn't match my card's last 4. Ended up having to pay with the Citi AA MC card it was connected to.

Any ideas if this will work? Or would I have to chase down Wyndham for this to post if it doesn't.
You described my same scenario almost exactly (only difference was I stayed at a Super 8). I used the same MasterPass with my AA Citi MC. And I also paid at the hotel with my AA Citi MC since the virtual card would not process. This was a local mattress run (bulletproof vest and AR-15 suggested attire for this Super 8 near Ferganistan, MO) where I arrived in person to check-in though I never even went into the room or even took room keys.

Checkout was Sunday Aug 27th and stay just posted within the past few hours this afternoon Tue Aug 29th:

8/28/17 Hotel Stay ARPT/ST LOUIS AREA [+] 442
8/28/17 Promotion Advanced Purchase Bonus 100
8/28/17 go get 'em! award 558
8/28/17 Promotion Stay 1 Night, Get 10,000 Points 10,000

So it looks like the 7500 MasterPass points havent posted yet though a prior poster reported the 7500 posted after an additional 4 day wait.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cnn
Can anyone tell me when the base points would post? 1 or 2 or more days after your stay? I checked out on Mon 28 and still don't see any change on my reward account. Thanks!
It depends on the hotel. Some hotels post within about 2 days, but other hotels take longer. (And even when it's two days, it may be later in the day, I'm not sure.)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:35 pm

Please definitely report back on whether those actually yield the Masterpass 7500 points - I'm quite certain I'll be in exactly the same boat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.