Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Old Aug 8, 17, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Earn a Free Night in Two Stays w/Masterpass

Just saw the news about a new promo: pay for you stay with masterpass and get 7,500 bonus points; this is presumably on top of the base points you would earn for your stay (the terms and conditions do not say anything to the contrary).

Link: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/hotel-...pass-promotion

Wyndham has some super cheap properties, so this may be good for a mattress run? I myself will likely be using it to make an $90 stay I was going to make anyway; with my Gold status, I'd net 11600 points for $90, which sounds like a great deal to me.
Old Aug 8, 17, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
No shows used to count for Wyndham. I wonder if this is still the case...
Old Aug 9, 17, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Hit or miss in my experience - and I wasn't able to make a determination as to why it works sometimes. Might be property based, I don't think it was prepaid vs. not, but my recollection is fuzzy.

Regardless, great promo! I wonder if new members qualify. Maxing out this promo yields five goFast nights, which can be crazy valuable in the right situation. I have a booking coming up that ends up being $45 + 3k points, when the cheapest hotel with an airport shuttle is ~$170. The property itself is going for $270, so that's 4c-7c a point.
Old Aug 9, 17, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic View Post
Hit or miss in my experience - and I wasn't able to make a determination as to why it works sometimes. Might be property based, I don't think it was prepaid vs. not, but my recollection is fuzzy.

Regardless, great promo! I wonder if new members qualify. Maxing out this promo yields five goFast nights, which can be crazy valuable in the right situation. I have a booking coming up that ends up being $45 + 3k points, when the cheapest hotel with an airport shuttle is ~$170. The property itself is going for $270, so that's 4c-7c a point.

If anyone is looking, there are some properties in Vegas for $25/night (8/14).

Last edited by bsegreto; Aug 9, 17 at 12:40 pm Reason: Misunderstood gofast/gofree
Old Aug 9, 17, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by bsegreto View Post
If anyone is looking, there are some properties in Vegas for $25/night (8/14).

They are cheap, but not $25.

The Days Inn Wild Wild West has:
"Hotel Service Fee 15.86"

The Super 8 Ellis Island has:
"A daily 20.40 USD Resort Fee plus Tax applies."
Old Aug 9, 17, 10:07 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Is Masterpass just a Citi thing? I just enrolled and it only found my Hilton Honors Visa. Per the terms, it appears you can use a different credit card at check-in except for prepaid rates.
Old Aug 9, 17, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Originally Posted by sleuth View Post
Is Masterpass just a Citi thing? I just enrolled and it only found my Hilton Honors Visa. Per the terms, it appears you can use a different credit card at check-in except for prepaid rates.
Masterpass is a mastercard thing, so I"m not sure why your Visa would be showing up.
Old Aug 9, 17, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay View Post
Masterpass is a mastercard thing, so I"m not sure why your Visa would be showing up.
Strangely enough that's what Masterpass found when I signed up. It already had my Citi Visa pre-populated. Just booked a room for September 7, so we shall see if it works. I only have one MasterCard, the IHG card, and it wasn't an option.

Ah well what do you know, Visa is supported via Masterpass.

https://wallet.masterpass.com/Wallet...s/support.html
Old Aug 9, 17, 10:35 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by sleuth View Post
No Mastercard program. It easily found my non-Citi MC.

Strange that the Wyndham Rewards card from Barclays is a Visa and they not doing this with Visa Checkout.

I wonder if my 2 night stay at the Wyndham Grand Riverfront, Chicago will count-it's a timeshare presentation stay for $199 withe $75 AMEX prepaid card and stay 2 on us cert. We'll see.
Old Aug 9, 17, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
No Mastercard program. It easily found my non-Citi MC.

Strange that the Wyndham Rewards card from Barclays is a Visa and they not doing this with Visa Checkout.

I wonder if my 2 night stay at the Wyndham Grand Riverfront, Chicago will count-it's a timeshare presentation stay for $199 withe $75 AMEX prepaid card and stay 2 on us cert. We'll see.
Rate I booked is non-ref but doesn't appear to be pre-paid, so I might try to use my Wyndham Visa at check-in. If I can't, a few Hilton points before 12/31 can't hurt.
Old Aug 10, 17, 7:22 am

What about a phantom check-out? In-person check-in, but phoning or emailing to say you've checked out. Don't know if phantom check-out is the correct term, but I've used this strategy a number of times for low and high end IHG property mattress runs.
Old Aug 10, 17, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy View Post
What about a phantom check-out? In-person check-in, but phoning or emailing to say you've checked out. Don't know if phantom check-out is the correct term, but I've used this strategy a number of times for low and high end IHG property mattress runs.
checking out is not the issue, a lot of times I never officially check out of hotels unless I want to confirm mini bar charges or something - it is getting checked in ... Lol
Old Aug 10, 17, 7:28 am

checking out is not the issue, a lot of times I never officially check out of hotels unless I want to confirm mini bar charges or something - it is getting checked in ... Lol
Thanks Mauibaby. Just checking, so to say.
Old Aug 10, 17, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
This may be a stupid question, but is this promo also for Europe? I couldn't find anything specific regarding the countries, but if it counts that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 10, 17, 1:25 pm

Programs: Krisflyer silver
I would like to know if my stay in Thailand works too. I didn't see any country limitation just a vague description of participating properties. Can anyone confirm?

Search this Thread