Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Wyndham honor their price?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Will Wyndham honor their price?

Does anyone have any experience with whether or not Wyndham will honor a price that was advertised, booked, and confirmed at a much lower rate than what they're trying to change it to?

I booked some rooms at Wyndham Viva Dominicus Palace for next March at the rate of $43.40 per night (total 7 nights = $303.80). That is an all inclusive price for 2 adults per room (not pp). I knew the rate sounded too good to be true so I called Wyndham directly and spoke with not 1, but 2 separate people that said, "yes, that's the rate we are showing, it's a special for Wyndham Rewards members and they're only so many rooms available at that price".

I have the confirmations showing that rate and told a friend to call and book also. She was able to get the same rates. A 3rd friend called to book and was able to confirm that same rate too, but when she inquired about adding children the rep placed her on hold so she could speak with a supervisor. She came back on the line and said the price was an error and would be corrected soon.

Sure enough, I just received an email saying "unfortunately your reservations do not proceed as per the rates not be correct" (yes, that's quoted). I know airlines will honor mistaken on-line prices, and this wasn't even booked on-line. There were 4 DIFFERENT Wyndham reps who booked this same rate. Even after it was pointed out that the price was astounding.

Anyone out there have any experience with this type of situation?

Thanks,
MissTins
Old May 29, 2013, 11:37 am

I've heard of many hotels honoring "mistake rates", though they're usually very firm about honoring them only to the letter. (No changes to names, dates, etc.)

I don't have "mistake rate" experience with Wyndham, but my experience with them when a hotel refused to check me into a room (see the power outage thread) gives me little hope for you in this situation. In summary, Wyndham's corporate-level support was basically unhelpful -- they kept deferring to the property-level management, which was not doing the right thing.

In the US, I suspect that a state attorney general would be interested -- many states have retail pricing laws that would be implicated. I'm not sure if the local authorities at this location would care.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Just an update about the status of this booking. After several phone calls, Wyndham is supposedly honoring the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.