Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by phdtomd
Just to be clear, if I book at salt lake and no show tonight, will my card still get charged or does it have to be a prepaid rate? I don't think the one listed for tonight or tomorrow is prepaid. If I don't get charged am I out of luck?
You will be charged - there is no prepaid rate because you are outside the cancellation window if you book the morning of your stay.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The way it is worded seems like you could book on October 6th morning for a stay where check-in is on October 7th and check-out is on October 8th and still get the promotional points.

But the safe way to play this currently is to book stays with check-in scheduled on or before October 6th where you check-out by October 7/8/9 as desired.
The booking must be processed within 6th Oct, check out by Oct 9. Equal wording as previous promos.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL
My stay on the 22 of sept posted yesterday for the 16k
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by travelkid
The booking must be processed within 6th Oct, check out by Oct 9. Equal wording as previous promos.
The booking date yes, but what about check-in date? Those aren't the same thing. Or are you talking about the booking needing to be processed by the hotel for check-in on October 6th?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Why would the hotel default to not wanting to charge you if you didn't cancel the reservation prior to the cancellation deadline and never cared to contact them? It would seem to be surrendering money that the customer agreed to give the hotel and has no issue with giving.
Believe it or not, when I no-showed at Altamonte Springs last night, they cancelled the reservation and didn't charge my card. I had to call them today and force them to charge my CC; they thought I was crazy to ask to be charged for last night when I never even stayed there. Go figure.
I came clean and told them I need the points.

Also when I no-showed at SLC on 9/30, the hotel charged my card for $69 where the original reservation was made for $54 ($48+tax) -- Something weird seems to be going on at that hotel. When I called to complain, they refunded the ENTIRE amount, leading me to freak out as no points would post -- that was a tough one trying to explain to Wyndham Central Customer Service why I didn't want the refund.

I still don't know what the outcome is as none of the points have posted yet from anywhere.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
PM me -- Not to abuse the system but if you didn't get the email you can still get your share -- there is a way to do it and do it officially.
Thanks ThunderStorm -- your advice worked perfectly
Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:53 pm

Thanks to Thunderstorm00 for helping out^

Great spirit.

You're welcome!! Glad it worked out!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:04 pm

The Prepaid Rate Mystery Finally Resolves Itself

Can someone advise how you got the ~$47 rate after taxes at the Utah hotel? The lowest I could find is the $47.99 AARP rate.

Many Thanks!
Originally Posted by keirnna
Prepaid.
I can't find it!!!
Please can someone help?? This rate doesn't show at all!!

Thanks!!!
The reason I couldn't find this rate earlier is because I didn't know what to look for -- it is a 7-Day Advance Purchase rate called "Book Now, Save 15 Pct." That is the NAME of this rate, which is what I was asking before. This rate does not show up at all if it is less than 7 days till time of reservation.

Example from Omaha:
Book Now, Save 15 Pct. from 50.99 USD
Rate Description: Book Now, Save 15 Pct. Purchase 7 Days in Advance, Save 15 Percent. This Rate Requires Full Pre-Payment..

Wish I'd known before (7 Days earlier)... Sure beats having to call and harangue with the front desk staff to get no-shows posted. So far they all seem to want to cancel my reservation or refund my money...Its just been a hassle. With the exception of one location which checked me in over the phone tonight (PM me if you want this info).

But for future reference for myself I think this prepaid rate "Book Now, Save 15 Pct." will be the way to go...

###

Last edited by ThunderStorm00; Oct 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm Reason: Additional info
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:17 am
Suspended

The booking date yes, but what about check-in date? Those aren't the same thing. Or are you talking about the booking needing to be processed by the hotel for check-in on October 6th?
Do the actual booking process latest 6th, check in (make the reservation for) whenever you want as long as you check out by 9th.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
I have one booked for today, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited by DevilsX; Oct 5, 2012 at 2:51 am
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:43 am

Very oddly my wife's 3 stays in September have not posted any bonus points while mine from the same time period have all posted.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by keirnna
Very oddly my wife's 3 stays in September have not posted any bonus points while mine from the same time period have all posted.
Did you both receive the e-mail, and both of you booked via the link? From same computer? Any cookies maybe.

I found that if my GF was logged into her WR acct in one window, and then opened the link in my mail, the page showed with her name on top.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by murtuza
Yes, $47.99 AARP for 4th/5th in Omaha, Nebraska is still there
Btw, do they post no-shows without interferrence?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:47 am
Suspended

Btw, do they post no-shows without interferrence?
Called them at they claimed they did charge no-shows.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
No showed on Wednesday at SLC, no points posted and my card was charged. Called Wyndham and the said I need to wait 5 days and if the hotel doesn't post the points then they will. Is this consistent with anyone else experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.