Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Renting an apt. abroad. What to bring from home

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting an apt. abroad. What to bring from home

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:52 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
02k--

Remember all those radiators, you'll have crisp smalls in no time.

We're in Rome for a week around New Years, I know our apartment has a washer and those fantastic racks that I keep on threatening to bring back.

lala
Old Dec 4, 2003, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
Original Poster

Update:
Returned 2 days ago from our grand experience on the Grand Canal. Thanks to all for your suggestions. The apartment in the 15th century palazzo was perfect; best of all there was an abundance of very comfortable overstuffed chairs (a rare thing, indeed, in Venice). The closets were filled with hangers and the bathrooms, fortunately did have toilet paper (enough, at least, for about 3 days). The tip about the flexible cutting boards and ziploc bags was right on target, as was the suggestion about spices. I brought along a bottle of Cholula hot sauce and a jar of dried oregano. Our Venetian friends were in awe of the Saran cutting boards and I gave most away (keeping just what I needed). It was strange coming into a bathroom without any little amenities, so thanks for the suggestions about bringing along the cache of hotel soaps and shampoos. I brought along my favorite little teflon-coating frying pan and glad I did as it was the only pan which was non-stick and worked great for fried eggs. The kitchen was surprisingly well-stocked with pots, graters, mixing spoons, bowls and some nice serving dishes. We could have used more glasses but got used to drinking wine from little juice glasses. So glad we brought our warm robes as the heat was timed to go on a couple of times a day. I was also happy I had packed a couple of scented L'occitane candles as we had a blackout one morning. In true diva-fashion, I learned to stop worrying about my manicure and cheerfully lived a dishwasher-free life for 2 weeks Once again, thanks for all of the suggestions. If anyone has any questions about this rental please feel free to e-mail me.
O2K
Old Dec 4, 2003, 6:24 pm

Sounds like a wonderful time, I enjoyed your update, and learned from everyone's tips - as usual all you FT'ers are a great wealth of good and practical info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.