Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Taming thin fly-away airline air hair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2003, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Ladies, I have very thin hair that comes down flat over my ears and which on the ground generally behaves just fine with my usual daily use of brandname shampoo/conditioner. But when I fly for long periods of time, especially when wearing BOSE headphones, or when I wear a motorcycle helmet, the hair becomes full of static and sticks up and out like Frankenstein (especially when I take the headphones/helmet off). When I'm flying to a business meeting, it looks particularly stupid getting off the plane, so I just land up putting water on it before landing.

Any ideas for a non-sticky, non-goo product or spray I could use while traveling to reshape/settle down the strands?
Old Nov 2, 2003, 10:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist
Old Nov 6, 2003, 7:08 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
My hair is the same way, and now that it's winter it's full of static all the time. Yuck! I carry a small size can of Static Guard (Target) to spray on my brush. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution--I'm planning to try Missy's--but it works.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I second the StaticGuard solution. Just spray very lightly on your brush!

------------------
http://www.benjaminwagner.com
Great music!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.