Search

www.flylady.net

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
www.flylady.net

I don't know if any of you have ever seen this site www.flylady.com or www.flylady.net before, but I just found it and it is pretty funny. (Funny for me, especially, because we have lived in this big old house for almost 30 years and have soooooooooooo much stuff we could really live very nicely without.)

I need to make a commitment to organization and getting rid of clothes. I have way too many clothes. My problem has always been that I find these "to die for clothes" (usually size 8) at St. Vincent for almost nothing and can't resist buying them, hoping that someday........... Well, the good news is that someday is just around the corner.

Yesterday I dug through these amazing finds and I tried on a bright red Bicci suit that makes me look way sexier than any almost 60 year old has a right to look, along with a Candace Fraiberger, Nordstrom Couture navy blue suit (with a belted jacket), and 3 Louis Feraud dresses that are just scrumptious--all of which will be perfect in another 5 pounds. I just can't wait for winter conferences so I can wear all these lovely lovelies.

So now I can start sorting through and parting company with the old 12P and 14P clothes that have covered my fat in recent years. If anybody can wear a 12 or 14P and has any interest, I will be happy to ship them on to you.

OK, time to go work out, throw a few things away and get ready to go down to Olympia to take the kids to lunch. Today is my little baby's 27th birthday. How did that happen???
Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
lalala posted a link to this site a couple of months ago and I got hooked on it.

VERY cool for those of us who have multiple priorities and like to orchestrate our lives by to-do lists. No wonder my home was always a wreck... somehow "clean house" was too daunting when I came to it on my list!

I like the way she does this... as a project manager, it appeals to that sensibility... break everything into small managable tasks, document processes, and send out tiny reminders to stay on track.

Old Sep 28, 2003, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA 2MM+; China Southern Gold VIP, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador
Funny. I've never seen this link. Read her 11 commandments.. how do you do # 4 (don't get sidetracked by the computer)?? Especially when you are stuck in Flyertalk forums?
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:38 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have to say that I love the flylady, but she is abit well, over religious for me.

My friend (not a flyertalker) and I have our dearest spouses convinced that if they left home for longer than a week, they would come home to a zen bhuddist retreat with just a simple futon, an orchid in a glass and a copy of the latest nora roberts on the floor.

We would have removed the stacks of their collections and thrown them to the curb.

Honestly, what are they thinking?

lala
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Punki:
Well, the good news is that someday is just around the corner.

</font>
Congratulations Punki!!!

Old Oct 5, 2003, 9:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
... My friend (not a flyertalker) and I have our dearest spouses convinced that if they left home for longer than a week, they would come home to a zen bhuddist retreat with just a simple futon, an orchid in a glass and a copy of the latest nora roberts on the floor.</font>
Is this possible? It's been my dream forever, but I'm more guilty of collecting than my DH. Think that's why I love staying in very nice hotels.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Lili---

oh sure, you just need to call st. vincent de paul and get rid of everything, make sure you make all these phone calls at work so your husband doesn't suspect anything.

Seriously, we had our living room painted last November, we have a plate rail that goes around our living room and dining room. I removed all the gack that was sitting on the plate rail during the painting and put back approximately 15% of it. No one has complained that they are missing their chevron oil tanker collection from 1980 or the globe from the trade show. Its a nice thing and its sooo much easier to dust.

Who was it who said, look at your accessories and then take something off before you leave the house?

That is the direction I'm going.

However, my closets could use a refurbishment.

lala
Old Nov 4, 2003, 7:15 pm

Just an update :

The flylady has posted her holiday control journal. It may be too basic for some and just what others need.

Me, I am hoping all holiday shopping for my dear family will be done by this weekend. Hope everyone likes grapefruit!

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.