Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

headache with hair in a ponytail?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

headache with hair in a ponytail?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Which style are you using? What thickness of hair do you have, if you don't mind the question? I've found so many things that claim to work for thick hair, but don't.
I'm using the Flexi Clip, and have very thick hair. I tried the small, but was never able to get more than half of it up, so I've jumped to a large.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Have you tried Lilla Rose hair clips? I figured they wouldn't work, but a friend sells them, and allowed me to try one, and it really does seem to work well, without a lot of the headache issues caused by scrunchies and such for me.

I think they use something similar to piano wire for portions of their clips.
Thank you for posting this! My hair is thick enough that regular ponytail holders break after a few uses. I found one type that last longer, but they give me a headache.

I ordered the large and medium sizes of the Lilla Rose flexis and they are great. The medium will hold my hair in a half-up style and the large actually holds all of my hair in a ponytail and is way more comfortable than a scrunchie/ponytail holder.

Thank you!!

Last edited by carole_d; Nov 5, 2013 at 11:52 am
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:38 am

My hair is currently on the shorter side, but I have very thick hair, and the only ponytail elastics and clips that I can use are the Scunci "No Slip Grip" type. The regular Goody or Scunci don't work, but the "no slip grip" kind are perfect. The weight of my hair doesn't drag them down. Now that my hair is in a short/midlength bob, I use the Scunci no slip grip small butterfly clips to pull it back when I run.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:11 am

Nothing

Last edited by carole_d; Dec 11, 2013 at 11:08 am Reason: Deleted because it wasn't true.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:33 am

Hi all. I'm the friend of Kipper's who sells the hair clips. They are hand-strung on music wire like guitar string and piano wire. They do not snag, they are unbreakable, and they won't slide out if you get the right size. Sizing is important. I truly do love them and I wear one everyday. My hair is very curly, but thin. I wear an extra small to do a half up and can usually fit it all in an upside-down twist design. The company, Lilla Rose, is actually having a free shipping sale this weekend. I was trying to get on yesterday to post this, but had to wait quite some time for my activation email. The free shipping ends tomorrow. I don't have the problem of a very heavy ponytail causing headaches, but I did get headaches from scrunchies and other barrettes. These don't give me headaches. They lay flat when I'm driving or sitting up in bed watching tv, which I love. The more I type this, the more it's sounding like a sales pitch. That's not my intent. I really just love them and always have on me. If you are concerned about finding something to fit your thick hair, I have customers with dreadlocks that wear an XL or mega-flexi and have hugged me for finally finding something that fits. The more I type this, the more it's sounding like a sales pitch. That's not my intent. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I just want to help people who have struggled with finding something to keep their hair up. the website is: www.lillarose.biz/ginah
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by gmoney3689
Hi all. I'm the friend of Kipper's....
Nice! Please say hi to kipper for me.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Analise
Nice! Please say hi to kipper for me.
We were neighbors growing up, and she can tell you all sorts of stories about me, I'm sure.

Rumor has it that she could even post a photo of me as a child dressed up in my Halloween costume.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:37 pm

I just put in an order. Thanks!

Hi all. I'm the friend of Kipper's who sells the hair clips. They are hand-strung on music wire like guitar string and piano wire. They do not snag, they are unbreakable, and they won't slide out if you get the right size. Sizing is important. I truly do love them and I wear one everyday. My hair is very curly, but thin. I wear an extra small to do a half up and can usually fit it all in an upside-down twist design. The company, Lilla Rose, is actually having a free shipping sale this weekend. I was trying to get on yesterday to post this, but had to wait quite some time for my activation email. The free shipping ends tomorrow. I don't have the problem of a very heavy ponytail causing headaches, but I did get headaches from scrunchies and other barrettes. These don't give me headaches. They lay flat when I'm driving or sitting up in bed watching tv, which I love. The more I type this, the more it's sounding like a sales pitch. That's not my intent. I really just love them and always have on me. If you are concerned about finding something to fit your thick hair, I have customers with dreadlocks that wear an XL or mega-flexi and have hugged me for finally finding something that fits. The more I type this, the more it's sounding like a sales pitch. That's not my intent. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I just want to help people who have struggled with finding something to keep their hair up. the website is: www.lillarose.biz/ginah
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:11 am

Hi Carole, did your order arrive yet? Do you have any questions that I can answer for you? I hope everything worked out!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 8:49 am

Hi Carole, did your order arrive yet? Do you have any questions that I can answer for you? I hope everything worked out!
I got it last week and I love them. I ordered a large and a couple of mediums. It turns out the mediums will hold my hair in a ponytail and the large will work for updos.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:09 pm

I received my LillaRose hair clips today. They're very pretty, but not quite as big as their website would have you believe. Based on their chart, I ordered an XL for updo's. I had almost 4 inches of hair cut off this past weekend and the XL clip is barely big enough; if I hadn't just had a haircut, there's no way the XL would have been large enough. If your hair is longish as well as thick, consider the mega size for updo's.

The clip does seem to hold the hair up securely, although if I was leaving the house, I think I would add some gel or mousse to keep all the little ends tucked in.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG
I have long thick hair and also don't like to wear my hair tightly pulled back for long periods of time. In the past few seasons, the fashion mags have been showing a single loose braid on one side-- this is actually a cute look, and because you have nothing lumpy on the back of your head, it's a great travel style. Bonus-- it looks better if messy anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.