Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

headache with hair in a ponytail?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

headache with hair in a ponytail?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
I've tried them, and in my heavy hair, they last about 5 minutes. If you're trying to glam up thin or lightweight hair, they might work.

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I should stop reading these boards, I keep finding things to buy.
You said it, sister!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:01 pm

Those didn't work for me. It broke after one day. I ordered it through one of those infomercials. It did look great on TV.

Bobette
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Hyatt - Platinum
I have fine hair and those combs wouldnt stay in.... I thought it was for people with thick hair.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnTraveller View Post
My hair too -- had never been able to put it in a bun until I discovered the Goody Spin Pins Now I can finally do a bun that stays!!

Originally Posted by kipper
I may have to try those, although they look a little complicated for me.
They aren't complicated in the least -- I am one of the least co-ordinated people on the planet and I can manage them. You just twist your hair into a bun and screw them in from different directions. They have shorter ones too that come in packs of three (the longer ones are in packs of two). I have straight fine hair past my shoulders, and the pack of three shorter ones works great. Someone with thicker or curlier hair might need 3 of the longer ones.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I've never tried them, because I figured my hair wouldn't stay in it, since combs usually don't work for me.
Originally Posted by CdnTraveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnTraveller View Post
My hair too -- had never been able to put it in a bun until I discovered the Goody Spin Pins Now I can finally do a bun that stays!!

They aren't complicated in the least -- I am one of the least co-ordinated people on the planet and I can manage them. You just twist your hair into a bun and screw them in from different directions. They have shorter ones too that come in packs of three (the longer ones are in packs of two). I have straight fine hair past my shoulders, and the pack of three shorter ones works great. Someone with thicker or curlier hair might need 3 of the longer ones.
I'll try them, and see if they work.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know - I asked because I have a pack of them sitting on the side someone gave me as a gift (yeh... whole other story!) and I was willing to volunteer them to kipper, but if they are rubbish they can go to the charity shop!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Good to know - I asked because I have a pack of them sitting on the side someone gave me as a gift (yeh... whole other story!) and I was willing to volunteer them to kipper, but if they are rubbish they can go to the charity shop!
Thanks for the offer. I'm touched, but I think they can probably go to the charity shop.

Last edited by kipper; Feb 17, 2012 at 6:29 am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by CdnTraveller
Oh thank you - I've been looking for a source of that type of clasp ever since I grew my hair again ^

My hair is very fine and curly so struggles to be held as there is not a lot of it - but these screws always worked very well.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the offer. I'm touched, but I think they can probably go to the charity shop.
LOL - I didn't mean it quite how it came out!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

LOL - I didn't mean it quite how it came out!!!!
LOL, no worries.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Premier, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, HH Gold
For flying I usually put my hair into low pigtails. I've found that it keeps the hair smooth and does not get bothered by the headrest.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patthebunny
For flying I usually put my hair into low pigtails. I've found that it keeps the hair smooth and does not get bothered by the headrest.
I'm not a fan of pigtails, at least at work. To me, it's too "little girl-looking," at least on me.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Premier, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, HH Gold
Pig tails are defiantly a no go for work situations. It did take some practice to make them low profile and not cutesy. My hair is 18-20" long and it must always be pulled back at work. I vary the low ponytail with a low bun. Also the fishtail braid seems to look more professional than a regular braid. I do try to keep my hair down when not at work so I can give my scalp a break. Otherwise I get the headaches.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by patthebunny
Pig tails are defiantly a no go for work situations. It did take some practice to make them low profile and not cutesy. My hair is 18-20" long and it must always be pulled back at work. I vary the low ponytail with a low bun. Also the fishtail braid seems to look more professional than a regular braid. I do try to keep my hair down when not at work so I can give my scalp a break. Otherwise I get the headaches.
Fishtail braid?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:18 am

The fishtail is shown here.
Fishtail braid?
Also, if you google fishtail there's are many YouTube videos showing how to do it.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.