Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need this travel tote in my life

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 4:11 pm

Can anyone recommend a feminine, roomy bag that actually meets United's absurd 9" deep x 10" wide x 17" tall requirements for a personal item?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:45 am

I have just received this --not perfect but roomy enough and is 19 x 14 x 6. 16" wide at top, flares to 19 at base.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Somewhere United also mentions 36 " for the personal bag requirement -I created a chart for the multitude of airlines we are using this year and have that noted as well. The Hadaki bag is slightly larger but is squishable.

Last edited by NZOZ; Jul 9, 2014 at 10:51 am
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:33 pm
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by whitearrow
Can anyone recommend a feminine, roomy bag that actually meets United's absurd 9" deep x 10" wide x 17" tall requirements for a personal item?
http://www.ogorgeous.com/product/bev...-in-dusty-rose
I use this gym bag as my carry on. Super roomy
The dimensions of this bag are: 17" L x 12" H x 8" W
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
really cute

Originally Posted by ltabi
http://www.ogorgeous.com/product/bev...-in-dusty-rose
I use this gym bag as my carry on. Super roomy
The dimensions of this bag are: 17" L x 12" H x 8" W
That was is really cute--thanks for sharing
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
After reading this thread I'm seriously considering purchasing the medium Lo & Sons bag. I've had a Hartmann tweed tote on my wish list but it's just too pricey. The medium is running $229 and that I can do.

Off to do more research but thanks to this thread I might have found my bag.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:49 am

Don't like the Lo

I bought the medium Lo and I do not really like it. Have actually only used it once because it is just not a convenient travel bag. It doesn't open wide enough so you need to stuff things in and then dig them all out to get something at the bottom. Beautiful to look at but just not practical for my needs.
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: QFF, HH
Oh dear ... I haven't been around for a while, but every time I come back and visit this forum section I end up poorer ... and obviously this time won't be any different - just love the tote links, might have to order myself an early Christmas present!! Thanks ladies for the links!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA, Lufthansa, Virgin, Southwest, Marriot, Accorhotels, Hilton
I have four of Lo&Son bags: OG, PMG, TT and the new Pearl. I use them each at different times: i travel internationally with OG, within US with OG and take to work my TT. My Pearl goes into each of them with my phone, wallet, keys, glasses and few items. I find all of the bags easy to access, they are well organized and are true workhorses. If you travel a lot your stuff gets filthy. I just chuck them in the washer and I am done. Because they have similar organization pattern, I seem to pack them alike. I have them typically pre-packed for my trips and easy to grab and go, but that just may be my borderline OCD. One time I picked up some really heavy stuff at the airport and the OG got hefty. I just picked up cheap rolling cart and slipped the bag over it as designed. Worked great. I know they can be pricy but they often have coupons 20-25% off. Greetings to all lady travellers and good luck with your decisions.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Checking out Lo & Sons as I've seen it recommended quite a bit - they're 20% off for Mother's Day on their website now...
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by lavender1365
I have four of Lo&Son bags: OG, PMG, TT and the new Pearl. I use them each at different times: i travel internationally with OG, within US with OG and take to work my TT.
How do you like the TT? I like that it looks a bit more purse-like than the OG, but still seems to have some luggage-like functionality (like slipping over a suitcase handle). It does look smaller than the OG, so I'm wondering if I'm sacrificing some space there.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Lipault

I am a Lipault fan--and I love this tote (with wheels). Very light. Great colors.

http://www.lipault-us.com/satchels-a...0-satchel.html

If it had an exterior pocket for cell phone and boarding passes, it would be perfect. Also, the zipper can be a little awkward--but overall it's a great bag.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:05 am

I have the Lipault weekend bag and I love it. http://www.lipault-us.com/carry-on-l...ulder-bag.html

It would be perfect (for me) if it had wheels. I used it on a work trip to the UK last month and it was so easy to organize and to find what I needed. Unfortunately even with just the basics it got really heavy when lugging it through JFK and LHR.

The only thing I'd add to it would be a little mesh pouch on the side for my thermos. I had to leave the bag slightly unzipped so that I could prop my full thermos upright. I bring an empty, small thermos in my carry on and fill it with some good coffee post security...this way I can have coffee on the plane with breakfast prior to landing. I'm a coffee sissy and I just can't choke down the stuff that they serve on planes.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
Does anyone with a Lo & Sons OMG have any experience with it as a personal item on United? It's about 3 inches taller than the max height...

(Thinking I may have to stick with my Tom Bihn Night Flight, even though I'd love the Lo & Sons bag...)
Old May 4, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Add me to the list of Lipault fans. The 19" Weekend bag is my usual carry on, although I agree that it gets heavy if overstuffed.

I also have the Wheeled 18" Briefcase and I'm thinking I'll use that one on my next trip, combined with the 15" Weekend tote - I can put the briefcase in the overhead bin and put the stuff I need to have close to me in the tote. I'll have long walks to transfer from 2E to 2F at CDG and the last few times I did that, it was not fun with a heavy shoulder bag.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:31 pm

Kipling is carrying the popular "Defea" model in the States
http://www.kipling-usa.com/defea-handbag/HB3170.html

There are a few YouTube videos showing it packed up for Mom and Baby travel which I feel showcases the many pockets. I've been using more totes (similar in shape to the Longchamp Pliage) or foldable messenger bag but really felt the need for more pockets. It just fits a Macbook Air 11" in neoprene slip case along the interior. Very snug but it goes in.

I'm petite and can carry it as an underarm bag, rather than a crook of elbow bag. It isn't a very formal but it is very lightweight, with light grey interior, and a friend commented that it looked perfectly sized to go under the seat and leave some foot space. I think it'd even fit under long haul Y seats with entertainment boxes.

Is there a good UA personal item sized wheeled bag which is also lightweight? It seems to be so elusive. Most wheeled totes are at least 14" by 14" which exceeds the ~ 18x11x9. Electronics, water bottle, and a mug of tea make my bag pretty heavy. It isn't so bad if I'm moving along but when at a standstill, especially at inefficient lines, makes the bag seem so heavy. I'd love to be able to switch to the "middle path" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20046873-post9.html with a personal sized rolling bag and larger carry-on no-wheel bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.