Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hand lotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Now that I live in the Midwest I've noticed my hands are drier, so this thread is timely.

On the road I usually travel w/ what's in the airline amenity kit in purse/tote/laptop case or something small/travel-size in same for quick replenishes in day/transit.

Cheers.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I like the hand cream from Bath & Body Works for every day wear.

And on the aloe allergy mentioned above, I have the same issue. Aloe products make my skin turn red. I've got several other plant-based allergies too though so it doesn't surprise me.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm with Calcifer - I love kiehl's extra strength hand lotion and happy to get the deluxe sample size tubes from the store.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Bath and Body Works has a line called True Blue Spa, and their hand cremes are good- nice and thick but don't leave your hands feeling oily.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:08 pm

For really dry skin, I swear by Bag Balm in the green tin, available in almost any drug store. It's petroleum-based, inexpensive, and works wonders. A little goes a long way, too.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:14 pm

I've tried a variety of products in varous price ranges for my super dry hands. The most effective used to be vaseline with the cotton gloves worn every single night, but then I found Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream - recommended by a friend who works in a lab and washes her hands endlessly. This stuff claims to moisturize for 24 hours - it doesn't last that long for me, but it lasts longer than anything else I've found and lasts through at least a few handwashings. I'm pretty happy with it.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Starwood Preferred Guest + lots of other hotel programs
I swear by Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant or Eight Hour Hand Lotion. The cream version is thick and I usually use that at night or just around my cuticles before using the hand lotion. But in the dead of winter, when my hands are painfully dry, the cream version works almost immediately to soothe.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: SWA rapid rewards, AAdvantage
I usually apply Eucerin original lotion after washing my hands. There are several versions of Eucerin, and the others irritate my skin.

In the evening, while reading or watching tv, I apply cuticle cream to my nails and cuticles (Burt's Bees, which sadly has almond oil) and follow with Aquaphor on my hands and wrists. Aquaphor is primarily petrolatum, but has other ingredients. It works better for me than Vaseline, which I dislike. I do try to rub my hands for a couple of minutes, and add more to the rough areas.

These two habits have made it unnecessary for me to resort to slathering my hands with either Eucerin cream or Aquaphor and putting on gloves when I go to bed, but that works really well, too.

On long flights, I use Eucerin lotion repeatedly, and my daughter who has eczema uses Aquaphor.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:18 am

Straight coconut oil. Seriously. I do best to smother it on at night, but it rubs in easily enough during the daytime as well - especially if you're super dry.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
For really dry skin, I swear by Bag Balm in the green tin, available in almost any drug store. It's petroleum-based, inexpensive, and works wonders. A little goes a long way, too.
+1 on the Bag Balm! Love that stuff!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I like the L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream - the small tubes are great for travel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.