Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary upgrades fare class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Complimentary upgrades fare class

I know when using EUpgrades with Air Canada you need R spaces for the upgrade to clear at the window.

Is there a fare class and window for Westjet's complimentary upgrades to clear?

Just wondering,

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: WestJet Gold
If you are Platinum, any fare except basic and member exclusive will work. If you are Gold, then you need to have Econo Flex which is B, M or Y.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I believe the order of upgrades (like most airlines) is a matrix of status + fare class. i.e. a Platinum with an Econo Flex fare will get upgraded before a Plat with an Econo, and a Plat will get upgraded before a Gold.

Also ... the T&C specify that complimentary upgrades are only available for the member (not people travelling with them) and only on single-person reservations. If you're on a 2 (or more) person reservation, no free upgrade ... even if both people have status. (In my experience, though, they've deviated from that on rare occasion this summer ... probably a 'during covid' deviation from the rule.)
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
I believe the OP may be asking what inventory is required for the system to automatically upgrade people into those spaces on the flight. For Westjet, this would be either R, O or W (Premium), or D, C or I (Business).

I've been upgraded prior to check-in, and at boarding, but I didn't look at the fare classes prior to these occurring.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
U space. That's what you're looking for, that's the fare class used for both paid and comps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.