Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to fare structure from May 11, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to fare structure from May 11, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by tcook052
Well worth noting is that for bookings made 7 days or less prior to departure there is no longer a 24-hour grace period in which to cancel for a full refund.

Also the change fees are different depending upon when changes are made.
Are they allowed to place such crooky restriction ? Wouldn't it be against the upcoming bill of rights ?

Last edited by MasterGeek; May 27, 2017 at 8:18 am Reason: Per FT Rule 16.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:31 pm

It is likely the upcoming Bill of Rights will follow the equivalent US rules. The US DOT rules specify free 24hr change or cancel for tickets purchased more than 7 days before the flight. The new WestJet rules align with this requirement, but also introduce a lower change & cancel fee for tickets altered more than 60 days from flight time.

Last edited by aerobod; May 26, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Old May 27, 2017, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yul36
This is a deal breaker for me. I was liking Westjet, have had some very good flights and interactions with them over the past few years. But I tend to book and travel on short notice usually within a week. If they can't give the same grace period of 24 hours like other airlines, well I guess i will see the inside of many more AC flights than I anticipated. Like Sunday for instance, a flight that would have been WS no questions asked. I see this bipolar airline syndrome coming back. Are we a low cost mom and pop carrier, or with our Gold program a serious business contender. Now we know which side won.
With the pressure on airlines regarding over bookings, I see AC following Westjet on this. It is my understanding a lot of over booking are caused by free cancellations within 24 hours on flights within 7 days of flying. To many people book flights and cancel last min.
Old May 27, 2017, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by dodgy
Just another step towards being like everyone else. WestJet of yesteryear would have shunned this stuff - in fact made fun of it.

$665 for a Plus flexible ticket YWG-YYC. Get lost
This is a normal fare out of YWG last min. YWG is very under served, which causes high prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.