Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet to land at Laguardia!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
To celebrate the launch, WestJet is introducing a new promotional offer for WestJet Rewards members
Is this what the FF program is called now?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Hypnotize
Service starts in May.
Haha! So you were almost right! Off by a few days! Good guess!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Thumbs up WS seat sale to LGA

Today's Toronto Star had more details of WS's re-entry into the YYZ-LGA. A base fare of $49 ($136 with taxes & surcharges) and tickets go on sale this Monday, Jan 30.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Today's Toronto Star had more details of WS's re-entry into the YYZ-LGA. A base fare of $49 ($136 with taxes & surcharges) and tickets go on sale this Monday, Jan 30.
WestJet is going to give AC and Porter real competition with those kind of prices! I wonder how much the prices will be for YYC-YYZ-LGA.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Haha! So you were almost right! Off by a few days! Good guess!
I'm surprised it's launching in June and not May, but I think we take delivery of a new aircraft in June so maybe that's why?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:43 pm

Porter is increasing their frequency to EWR. So there is a sudden, huge increase in capacity between NYC und YTO.

I'm disappointed that Westjet uses all of their LGA-slots just for one route. Furthermore I'm not sure that the demand is big enough for the new, overall capacity (all airlines together).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
They are taking a page out of AC's IT play book ...... Impossible to book!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question reservations to LGA??

The $49 fare is now advertised on the WS WEB site. Have any OP's been able to book it?? (Currently, the site does not seem to recognize LGA as a destination!).
What's up with this??
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The $49 fare is now advertised on the WS WEB site. Have any OP's been able to book it?? (Currently, the site does not seem to recognize LGA as a destination!).
What's up with this??
WestJet said on Twitter or FB they had a technical issue with loading fares into system. It should be up and running now (I checked)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:23 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by neuron
Why would AA give up its slots? They have a good presence at LGA, so even if they gave up TB routes (which is a big if), they can use the slots for other routes.
AA flight to LGA and JFK are also for connecting passengers. I fly them to parts of the US not covered by Canada via LGA. And most times flying on AA is cheaper, and T3 is a nicer experience .
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Having just flown AA YYZ-LGA return I cannot see these AA flights lasting. While the flights were ok, with friendly service and were both 30+ mins early they were only 25% full I have not seen a plane that empty in years! With AC running frequent flights and WS offering "real planes" the competition will be tough!
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Having just flown AA YYZ-LGA return I cannot see these AA flights lasting. While the flights were ok, with friendly service and were both 30+ mins early they were only 25% full I have not seen a plane that empty in years! With AC running frequent flights and WS offering "real planes" the competition will be tough!
People have to learn that the route exists - it will be a few months before the verdict is really known I suspect.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I didn't suggest WS would not succeed, what I am saying is that AA will likely pull out and code share with WS.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:58 pm

I didn't suggest WS would not succeed, what I am saying is that AA will likely pull out and code share with WS.
I don't see how the route could not succeed with BOTH Delta and AA feeding it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.