Consolidated "Parking at PHX" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at PHX" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
To think parking at T2 was $5 until 2006, then $8 through 2010 and now we're getting excited when it's $11
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Hotels, Marriott
Unless I'm in extreme hurry T-4 = off airport for me using my (legitimate) corporate rate of $6 for one of the more publicized ones.

T-2 is a different story. Being able to walk to the car is often worth the $3 a day extra and time savings on the front and back end for short trips.

edit::whoops moved thread vanished. Sorry for waking the dead
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Is there parking adjacent to the terminal at PHX where the United flights depart (terminal 2??)? Easily walkable?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is there parking adjacent to the terminal at PHX where the United flights depart (terminal 2??)? Easily walkable?
Yes and yes, it's one of the best parts about using Terminal 2. A mere $11 per day will be the rate.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
park and fly

I have a trip coming up next year where it was significantly cheaper to fly out of Phoenix instead of Tucson (at the time of booking it was around a $300 difference). I have an 8am departure out of Sky Harbor and a return at 10pm. I see my options as either take a shuttle or use a park and fly deal from one of the nearby hotels.

Any suggestions/commentary on park and fly options around Sky Harbor? I leave on April 3rd (a Sunday) and return on on April 8th (a Friday).

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
I'd park in the airport owned, east economy lot, to be honest. They're only $8/day and the light rail serves them making it super easy to access the terminals. There's also garage parking for an extra charge if you don't want to leave your car out in the sun.

I've also used Blue Sky, which usually has some pretty good coupons available.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:16 am

Very long-term parking at PHX

Is there an affordable way to park near PHX during an 8-10 week trip?

Perhaps in a off-site parking with really good long-term rate, or a hotel that offers parking (with or without an overnight), or something with a monthly rate, or even a storage unit lot? Either with a shuttle or maybe a cab if very near. Don't care if it's covered or not (this is for February and March).

By affordable I mean a target of $150 a month or ideally less. I do have some other options involving shuttle buses (not very nearby) and overnights or expensive regional flights (that would still need parking), but it would be handy to just drive and park near one of these airports.

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 23, 2016 at 10:42 am Reason: Editing thread title prior to recommendation to post in each different forum where op has questions
Old Dec 23, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Where are you coming from? For Phoenix there are shuttle services from several parts of the state. I would do that and leave the car at home if possible. Or bum a ride and take the driver to dinner and pay for a hotel room (depending on time of year you could get a good deal in LAS)

Edit: Also price out two one way car rentals to see if that would be cheaper, or a car rental one way and ride the other way. One way car rentals into PHX can sometimes be very cheap in February because the cars are needed for spring training.

7 years... <clapclapclap>

Last edited by Lost; Dec 23, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by robho
Is there an affordable way to park near PHX during an 8-10 week trip?
Good morning!

I've done a couple of things for housekeeping's sake and for the sake of those searching for similar topics or who can answer your questions but who might not read/post in this forum:

1) I've deleted your reference to parking at SAN or LAS.

For the former, please post your question here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california-450/

For the latter, please post your question in this thread (and perusing it may give you some ideas):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/las-v...idated+parking

2) I've merged your thread into the Consolidated PHX parking thread where you might find some good ideas.

cblaisd
Moderator, USA/The West forum
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Lost
Where are you coming from? For Phoenix there are shuttle services from several parts of the state.
Driving in from San Felipe, Mexico (120 miles south of YUM). For this two month trip I do have the option of leaving the car at a place 30 miles from YUM and flying (or a shuttle, or one-way rental) from there, but parking directly near PHX (or another major south west airport - I'm heading to Hawaii/Aus/NZ) would be simpler, if there's a way to do it for this length of time.

(IPL has free parking but a maximum stay of two weeks).

Originally Posted by Lost
7 years... <clapclapclap>
I've been lurking for a long time! Finally getting back to air travel after a gap of a decade or so for family reasons.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Originally Posted by robho
Driving in from San Felipe, Mexico (120 miles south of YUM). For this two month trip I do have the option of leaving the car at a place 30 miles from YUM and flying (or a shuttle, or one-way rental) from there, but parking directly near PHX (or another major south west airport - I'm heading to Hawaii/Aus/NZ) would be simpler, if there's a way to do it for this length of time.

(IPL has free parking but a maximum stay of two weeks).
Did some poking around and many of the self storage places will rent parking spaces on a monthly basis, so that might work. You'll probably need a taxi/uber/etc... to the airport, but I think that'll be your cheapest option. One I found was $95/mo with the 2nd month half off, but it's about 20 miles from the airport. Others I found were in the $100-$150/month range.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
https://www.azfamily.com/2023/07/22/...g-lot-phoenix/

Never used Sundance Parking, maybe primarily contracted for airline employees? Anyway, overnight fire at neighboring propane business damaged about 30 cars and lot is closed.

https://www.sundanceairportparking.com/
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
https://www.azfamily.com/2023/07/22/...g-lot-phoenix/

Never used Sundance Parking, maybe primarily contracted for airline employees? Anyway, overnight fire at neighboring propane business damaged about 30 cars and lot is closed.

https://www.sundanceairportparking.com/
Last week I was looking at this lot through airport parking connection. I was unfamiliar with it, and the rate wasn’t quite low enough, so I booked elsewhere. Usually through that site, we could get the Crowne Plaza at a great rate, but CP has changed that. Checking a few days in August, airport parking connection has no lots available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.