Community
Wiki Posts
Search

age restrictions for kids in Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

age restrictions for kids in Business

I would have to hit the bottle , and heavily do comatose myself. Should there be screaming kids in Biz.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I bet you do not have any kids... If you had and could afford travelling with them in business, you would not post this BS...
I disagree. When I had infants, I measured the appropriateness of bringing them based on the particular environment at hand. Some were appropriate, some not.

Last night, we attended a classical piano concert. As the pianist took the stage, a crying baby wailed above the applause. The pianist asked that the baby hear the concert from outside the hall so as not to disturb everyone else. When no one moved, the pianist was more direct, asking that the infant be removed now. He/she was taken outside and the concert began. What sort of inconsiderate moron brings a young infant to a classical piano recital? What sort books infants into luxury plane accommodations where they are virtually assured to severely disturb others?

I'm mad too-why do you think that just because you can afford to bring crying infants into luxury accomodations, you should be allowed to do so?

And moreover, by what calculation do you believe VA makes money permitting this? Seems to me there are a lot more business and luxury vacation travelers buying C tickets than there are young infants. Should the majority go elsewhere to avoid the risk of hearing screaming kids on a 13 hour flight?

I have not received an answer or acknowledgement of my letter to VA on this subject. I'll be sending another copy this weekend to be sure my letter was received.

You can count on my follow-up.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:11 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up Try This...

Originally Posted by pentae
I recently flew SYD->LAX with VA in Business and someone had two infants with the baby bassinets in row 5, everybody was horrified as they screamed the entire flight. I was in a rage as I had paid for comfort and sleep. Children under 12 should be banned. At the very least, If you want to fly with kids you should be put at the back of the plane.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ones/index.jsp
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, USDM, PC, HH, SPG,
Originally Posted by pentae
I recently flew SYD->LAX with VA in Business and someone had two infants with the baby bassinets in row 5, everybody was horrified as they screamed the entire flight. I was in a rage as I had paid for comfort and sleep. Children under 12 should be banned. At the very least, If you want to fly with kids you should be put at the back of the plane.
So somehow your money is better than theirs? People with intelligence this low should be banned from flying!!!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I disagree. When I had infants, I measured the appropriateness of bringing them based on the particular environment at hand. Some were appropriate, some not.

Last night, we attended a classical piano concert. As the pianist took the stage, a crying baby wailed above the applause. The pianist asked that the baby hear the concert from outside the hall so as not to disturb everyone else. When no one moved, the pianist was more direct, asking that the infant be removed now. He/she was taken outside and the concert began. What sort of inconsiderate moron brings a young infant to a classical piano recital? What sort books infants into luxury plane accommodations where they are virtually assured to severely disturb others?

I'm mad too-why do you think that just because you can afford to bring crying infants into luxury accomodations, you should be allowed to do so?

And moreover, by what calculation do you believe VA makes money permitting this? Seems to me there are a lot more business and luxury vacation travelers buying C tickets than there are young infants. Should the majority go elsewhere to avoid the risk of hearing screaming kids on a 13 hour flight?

I have not received an answer or acknowledgement of my letter to VA on this subject. I'll be sending another copy this weekend to be sure my letter was received.

You can count on my follow-up.
Are you serious? How long does the concert last? How long is flight from Australia to Europe? Do you seriously suggest that I should sit in whY just because I have infant with me even though I can afford first or business? Come on!!! Seriously, I would not take infant to piano concert, but for sure, I would take infant (if I was blessed to have any, sadly not) to first or business class every time I flew... And believe me, it is often! And believe me, I am sometimes pissed off by screaming infants, but I realise, that it is democratic right of their parents to take them with...

Last edited by l etoile; Jan 30, 2014 at 7:03 am Reason: Inappropriate content removed by moderator
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:09 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This thread quickly degraded from a simple question to an unfriendly debate. As the question has been answered, I will close this.

l'etoile
sr moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.