FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - age restrictions for kids in Business
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:53 am
vbroucek

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I disagree. When I had infants, I measured the appropriateness of bringing them based on the particular environment at hand. Some were appropriate, some not.

Last night, we attended a classical piano concert. As the pianist took the stage, a crying baby wailed above the applause. The pianist asked that the baby hear the concert from outside the hall so as not to disturb everyone else. When no one moved, the pianist was more direct, asking that the infant be removed now. He/she was taken outside and the concert began. What sort of inconsiderate moron brings a young infant to a classical piano recital? What sort books infants into luxury plane accommodations where they are virtually assured to severely disturb others?

I'm mad too-why do you think that just because you can afford to bring crying infants into luxury accomodations, you should be allowed to do so?

And moreover, by what calculation do you believe VA makes money permitting this? Seems to me there are a lot more business and luxury vacation travelers buying C tickets than there are young infants. Should the majority go elsewhere to avoid the risk of hearing screaming kids on a 13 hour flight?

I have not received an answer or acknowledgement of my letter to VA on this subject. I'll be sending another copy this weekend to be sure my letter was received.

You can count on my follow-up.
Are you serious? How long does the concert last? How long is flight from Australia to Europe? Do you seriously suggest that I should sit in whY just because I have infant with me even though I can afford first or business? Come on!!! Seriously, I would not take infant to piano concert, but for sure, I would take infant (if I was blessed to have any, sadly not) to first or business class every time I flew... And believe me, it is often! And believe me, I am sometimes pissed off by screaming infants, but I realise, that it is democratic right of their parents to take them with...

Last edited by l etoile; Jan 30, 2014 at 7:03 am Reason: Inappropriate content removed by moderator