Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report - VA 8 LAX-BNE (June 24)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Smile Trip Report - VA 8 LAX-BNE (June 24)

Great to see the new master thread for VA! Just in time for my 1st trip report (hopefully its posted in the right place!). VA 8 left LAX T3 late on June 24 (11:55 pm sched, push back at 12:30 am). I was in the Alaska Board Room Lounge till it closed at 11:30 pm (good food, highly recommended) and its directly above the VA departure gate 38. VA did a full meal service after departure which was surprisingly quick considering the plane was full (363 passengers, according to the Seat Guru!) Configuration was 3/3/3 in the 777. Cabin lights went out at 02:00 MST and didn't come on until we were flying over New Caledonia. A highlight of my 1st VA flight was the multi-media entertainment system, c/w 35 current film releases, multiple CD options and a chat option for texting other passengers. There was no WIFI service that I could find on board. VA 8 arrived (predictably) one half hour late in BNE at 07:15 local time on the 26th.
ps I am still looking for the day I lost crossing the int'l dateline. If found, please return to me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.