Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

BNE to LAX, LAX to Syd questions for new Virgin traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi, In the website it says that the PE seats have a foot rest, but the pictures don't seem to show it. As a short person - 5foot 1inch - having a footrest can make a big difference. Are there foot rests that come up?
Also, I have a 4 hour wait in LAX before my flight to Chicago (also on Virgin). Is there a lounge and can I as a PE get into it? I am willing to pay. I am assuming it will only take 1 or 2 hours to clear customs and get thru security on the domestic side (hopefully).
I am going in September if that makes any difference.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by catsongea
Hi, In the website it says that the PE seats have a foot rest, but the pictures don't seem to show it. As a short person - 5foot 1inch - having a footrest can make a big difference. Are there foot rests that come up?
Also, I have a 4 hour wait in LAX before my flight to Chicago (also on Virgin). Is there a lounge and can I as a PE get into it? I am willing to pay. I am assuming it will only take 1 or 2 hours to clear customs and get thru security on the domestic side (hopefully).
Sorry i can only answer part of this. Not sure about the footrest in PE.

Unfortunately there is not a lounge that you get into flying PE. If you are willing to pay, i'm not entirely sure. The only lounge that i am aware of in the Virgin America terminal at LAX is the Alaska Airlines boardroom. I am not sure whether they have casual access and if so under what circumstances it is available (eg. whether you need to be flying Alaska).

You might want to ask that question over in the Virgin America forum as they are the carrier operating that particular leg and their folks would have had a lot more experience with that particular question.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:31 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Also, I have a 4 hour wait in LAX before my flight to Chicago (also on Virgin).
See: http://www.relaxloungelax.com/

Also search the FT Trip Reports forum - I believe I saw a report on this lounge - the OP was not too impressed.

Booze is not for free.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Yes and no. There are "foot cushions" that the FAs hand out; sounds pretty naff but they're actually fairly nice! Enough height to put your feet up a bit.

The only lounge at LAX T3 is the AS Board Room lounge, which is fairly forgettable. You can pay for access (frankly something I'd be doing for a 4 hour layover):

https://commerce.points.com/loungepasses

Before paying for access, I would confirm with AS that pre-paid access to their lounge at LAX is AOK if you're flying VX (I think it is, but not entirely sure).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.