Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't see booking in Velocity

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Question Can't see booking in Velocity

I am flying for the first time on Virgin. Due to great prices - I booked Wellington, BNE, LAX, Chicago(ORD) in September in Premium Economy.
I have always flown Qantas, but have heard such great things about Virgin that I decided it was worth flying via Australia to the states in order to try them. Also the Virgin Premium economy was about the same price as Qantas economy.

My E-Ticket says V Australia - I booked in April. I then signed up for Velocity with the exact same name spelling that is on my ticket (which I understand is important). I login to the velocity site and it can't see my booking, It doesn't recognize my booking number when I try to add it. I have called the call centre, I have sent emails. They assure me the ticket and my velocity account are linked. I still can't see the booking in my account. I am starting to get the feeling that although it is 'all one company' now - Virgin Australia, that the computer stuff is still not complete. I understand that the points won't show till I fly, but I should still see the booking - right?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by catsongea
I am starting to get the feeling that although it is 'all one company' now - Virgin Australia, that the computer stuff is still not complete. I understand that the points won't show till I fly, but I should still see the booking - right?
Yes, "use your feelings catsongea" they serve you well.

Yes, basically the V Australia and Virgin Australia IT platforms are still quite separate and your V Australia bookings will most likely not show up in your velocity account. However, the points you credit should turn up shortly after you fly.

It can be a total pain. I believe it's in the process of being overhauled but that could take a while and probably won't happen before your fly.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
V Australia flights credit to Velocity very promptly, so I wouldn't be too concerned about not being able to see it listed in your Velocity account now (the Velocity web systems are still .. ordinary for booking management).

If you want to double check, use your V Australia PNR to log in to https://www.checkmytrip.com to make sure the frequent flyer number is loaded in to the booking correctly .. it should be your Velocity number prefaced with DJ or VA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.