Can't log on to Virgin Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA. Hilton. Virgin.
Up and running now.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: n/a
Just want to follow up.
called agent who reactivated my flying club account due to inactivity (which is why I couldn't sign on)
Transfered via chase. Booked my RT to TokyoThanks everyone !!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:35 pm

AmEx still having issues with linking the Flying Club account to Membership Rewards at the moment.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:49 am

Site is back up, but VS keeps exhibiting extreme incompetence/malice. My miles/tier points from BofA credit card that were supposed to post during the down time have vanished.

Anybody else in the same situation? Do I need to contact VS (god help me) or BofA?

Last edited by aceofhz; Jun 3, 2020 at 6:15 am
Old Jun 3, 2020, 5:42 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aceofhz
Site is back up, but VS keeps exhibiting extreme incompetence/malice. My miles/tier points from BoFA credit card that were supposed to post during the down time have vanished.

Anybody else in the same situation? Do I need to contact VS (god help me) or BoFA?
2 weeks before the outage I noticed that it took a full week for my BofA VS CC to post its regularly earned miles on VS. I imagine that there is a batch process that needs to run at VS.

Given the 14 day outage, it doesn't surprize me that there is a backlog of mileage postings.

I'm going to wait 1.5 weeks before contacting BofA first.
aceofhz likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:31 am

I am not able to log in again. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:34 am

Down Again

Originally Posted by vinnmann
I am not able to log in again. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Same here.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:54 am

same here
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It's OK for me now.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 6:29 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roberto99
2 weeks before the outage I noticed that it took a full week for my BofA VS CC to post its regularly earned miles on VS. I imagine that there is a batch process that needs to run at VS.

Given the 14 day outage, it doesn't surprize me that there is a backlog of mileage postings.

I'm going to wait 1.5 weeks before contacting BofA first.
My 5/22 BofA statement's VS miles posted on VS on 6/4.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:28 am

I've had this problem since Feb. Can't log in resetting the password doesn't work. I managed to get through in late Feb to reset the account but it locked again the next day. Now it seems impossible to contact VS to resolve it.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Originally Posted by erik123
I've had this problem since Feb. Can't log in resetting the password doesn't work. I managed to get through in late Feb to reset the account but it locked again the next day. Now it seems impossible to contact VS to resolve it.
I've been managing this week to contact VS via text (I mean mobile phone SMS) and did a mileage transfer successfully. It took them about 24 hours to text me back from my initial contact text, but then it seemed to work a treat. Their first few texts seem to be cut n paste, possibly a robot, but once you get into the meat of the transaction it is clearly an actual person replying.

Send an initial text to them on 07481 339184 (it's a UK number) with words such as "please can I do a password reset" and then wait for the automated reply and follow the instructions. (That text number is listed on their Flying Club contact page, but you probably can't get to that if you have a password problem!)
Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I cancelled a mileage reservation during the outage via text and haven't had my miles restored as of yet. Has anyone else gone through this?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
I cancelled a mileage reservation during the outage via text and haven't had my miles restored as of yet. Has anyone else gone through this?
My miles from the credit card are still missing from my May statement, these usually credit the same time every month this was during the outage, going to start chasing soon.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Yes. Cancelled by 'phone on 28 May and was told 30,000 miles would be added back immediately the site came up again. Still waiting .....
Followed with WhatApp message. Still waiting for any acknowledgement whatsoever...
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.