Can't log on to Virgin Atlantic

Old Jun 2, 20, 7:23 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: BA. Hilton. Virgin.
Posts: 7
Up and running now.
Ciroc is offline  
Old Jun 2, 20, 7:29 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Programs: n/a
Posts: 7
Just want to follow up.
called agent who reactivated my flying club account due to inactivity (which is why I couldn't sign on)
Transfered via chase. Booked my RT to TokyoThanks everyone !!
br0wntown is offline  
Old Jun 2, 20, 8:35 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 8
AmEx still having issues with linking the Flying Club account to Membership Rewards at the moment.
benwoohoo is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 5:49 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Site is back up, but VS keeps exhibiting extreme incompetence/malice. My miles/tier points from BofA credit card that were supposed to post during the down time have vanished.

Anybody else in the same situation? Do I need to contact VS (god help me) or BofA?

Last edited by aceofhz; Jun 3, 20 at 7:15 am
aceofhz is offline  
Old Jun 3, 20, 6:42 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 3,583
Originally Posted by aceofhz View Post
Site is back up, but VS keeps exhibiting extreme incompetence/malice. My miles/tier points from BoFA credit card that were supposed to post during the down time have vanished.

Anybody else in the same situation? Do I need to contact VS (god help me) or BoFA?
2 weeks before the outage I noticed that it took a full week for my BofA VS CC to post its regularly earned miles on VS. I imagine that there is a batch process that needs to run at VS.

Given the 14 day outage, it doesn't surprize me that there is a backlog of mileage postings.

I'm going to wait 1.5 weeks before contacting BofA first.
aceofhz likes this.
roberto99 is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:31 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MCO
Posts: 2,970
I am not able to log in again. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
vinnmann is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:34 am
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: EU
Posts: 390
Down Again

Originally Posted by vinnmann View Post
I am not able to log in again. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
Same here.
bmiStar is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:54 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 305
same here
dr benway is offline  
Old Jun 4, 20, 2:24 pm
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Her Majesty's Prison UK
Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Posts: 17,154
It's OK for me now.
Silver Fox is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 7:29 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 3,583
Originally Posted by roberto99 View Post
2 weeks before the outage I noticed that it took a full week for my BofA VS CC to post its regularly earned miles on VS. I imagine that there is a batch process that needs to run at VS.

Given the 14 day outage, it doesn't surprize me that there is a backlog of mileage postings.

I'm going to wait 1.5 weeks before contacting BofA first.
My 5/22 BofA statement's VS miles posted on VS on 6/4.
roberto99 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 9:28 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,956
I've had this problem since Feb. Can't log in resetting the password doesn't work. I managed to get through in late Feb to reset the account but it locked again the next day. Now it seems impossible to contact VS to resolve it.
erik123 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 10:33 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LHR/LGW
Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
Posts: 385
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
I've had this problem since Feb. Can't log in resetting the password doesn't work. I managed to get through in late Feb to reset the account but it locked again the next day. Now it seems impossible to contact VS to resolve it.
I've been managing this week to contact VS via text (I mean mobile phone SMS) and did a mileage transfer successfully. It took them about 24 hours to text me back from my initial contact text, but then it seemed to work a treat. Their first few texts seem to be cut n paste, possibly a robot, but once you get into the meat of the transaction it is clearly an actual person replying.

Send an initial text to them on 07481 339184 (it's a UK number) with words such as "please can I do a password reset" and then wait for the automated reply and follow the instructions. (That text number is listed on their Flying Club contact page, but you probably can't get to that if you have a password problem!)
beardedgeologist is offline  
Old Jun 14, 20, 7:34 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,011
I cancelled a mileage reservation during the outage via text and haven't had my miles restored as of yet. Has anyone else gone through this?
steveholt is offline  
Old Jun 16, 20, 12:45 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
I cancelled a mileage reservation during the outage via text and haven't had my miles restored as of yet. Has anyone else gone through this?
My miles from the credit card are still missing from my May statement, these usually credit the same time every month this was during the outage, going to start chasing soon.
oxfordjames is offline  
Old Jun 17, 20, 5:06 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Posts: 204
Yes. Cancelled by 'phone on 28 May and was told 30,000 miles would be added back immediately the site came up again. Still waiting .....
Followed with WhatApp message. Still waiting for any acknowledgement whatsoever...
Silver Fox likes this.
Charlie Whiskey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: